X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ivans On High
    Banned
    • Oct 2008

They look like some fucked up and1's. Good to see XXX taking design liberties on special orders... I know that's what I'd want him doing to mine.

"Here is your special order fencing jacket. It has one arm. That is all."

Comment

• stretcheroo
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
      Good coffee/green tea through the nose line. It worked on me.

Comment

• DRRRK
        • Aug 2009

Cut off in the fencing process. Happens all the time.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by crouka View Post
          I used the word paradoxical loosely, sorry, that might be what made the question remain. I'd say it's more on the coincidentia oppositorum side. but then there seem to be still two sides there it could be on: concordia discors side and discordia concors side, if it is said in that vein and in a strict way. and if my interpretation was allowed, the former is contraries that believe in oneness as utopia (nirvana ), in reverse, the latter is oneness that believes in contraries as enrichment (eros ), as in the unity side and the disparate side of the selfsame ( "e pur si vario un solo sono" ) collection.
          I love that.
          "Nirvana", that is the fading of all the tensions, can also be called "death" - as some famous psychoanalyst said once.

Originally posted by The Bearded Viennese
          Dass wir als die herrschende Tendenz des Seelenlebes, vielleicht des Nervenlebens überhaupt, das Streben nach Herabsetzung, Konstanterhaltung, Aufhebung der inneren Reizspannung erkannten (das Nirwana-prinzip nach einem Ausdruck von Barbara Low), wie es im Lustprinzip zum Ausdruck kommt, das ist ja eines unserer stärksten Motive, an die Existenz von Todestrieben zu glauben.
          So, one of the tension in CCP's work would be between eros and thanatos. And should emphasize that the macabre effect is only a part of the tension, and not it's only end. I really like as well that you see eros as conflict, which is very true imo.

Noticed recently, while some woman was trying CCP female pieces that the invisiseam/chainseam (or any kind of open seam) is as well based on a the tension between continuity and discontinuity. These seams are paradoxical, since they don't hide the gap, they show it. But not in a static, loose - and lazy - way, but in dynamic one, where the movements of the body, the skin and the muscles are involved. And I would say that's why I find the invisiseam more interesting than the chainseam, even though they achieve almost the same effect.

Comment

• ES3K
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by cuddly View Post
            just received my special order ccp groil trainers after months of waiting. speechless. but might end up on the market because im on a bit of a bind, well see, it might be the latter...

also,not sure if carol wanted to experiment w/ my trainers because the latex dipped used is a dark navy almost topaz blue like only visible in bright light like under a flash. dont know if others have had the same treatment..
            I quite like the colors... but the dipping is more, thicker than usual, isn't it? (if you can say "usual" with CCP...)

Comment

• miserableman
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post

Comment

• cuddly
                • Sep 2007

humm..not quite sure if i can say if the dip is thicker on some others a friend of mine has a pair original from 09 and it is somewhat thinner compared to mine..maybe they make adjustments to the mix over time..like melt another spare tire or two in the pot when the latex batch runs low.heh. the rubber on his black groils is s definately a brown tint, just curious if mine is the only dark blue tint..don't really know what goes on in the ccp factory, when they plan to switch the formulas...

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
                I quite like the colors... but the dipping is more, thicker than usual, isn't it? (if you can say "usual" with CCP...)

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                  • Feb 2009

The so called groil trainers are really hideous.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MASUGNEN View Post
                    Did you know that Poell worked for Altieri?
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                      • Feb 2009

:-) Good one, Faust! I have proposed (singular) Altieri mistakes as well.

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Did you know that Poell worked for Altieri?

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                          • Feb 2009

Henceforth they shall be known as groin trainers. They will be used by Hells Angels et consortes.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

:-) Good one, Faust! I have proposed (singular) Altieri mistakes as well.
                            I try!
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

Henceforth they shall be known as the Dave grohl trainers. They will be used by Hells Angels et consortes.
                              fixed
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

that's the Beauty of them
                                Being a Single Color and having a certain Grotesque quality that makes them interesting

if i had the money i would've bought them from Cuddly,
                                but I have too much other things to take care of now

i am not a fan of high end sneakers, I think for that kind of money, boots are always a better investment, but these are the one sneakers that i think are the exception...........
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎