Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cuddly
    • Sep 2007

hiking boots with the steel ankles.kind of suspect..

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

don't judge too fast, it's mattotti's buy that you see, not the whole collection...and their buy looks pretty safe compared to what dead end has to offer.
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

B is right, I would guess this is 1/10 of the whole collection...there was a separate room only for the selvedge pieces which where of more quantity Than these 10 pieces...
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Peasant
          • Jul 2009

I belive I've seen just about the entire collection at this point. Very nice items, but some delve a little to deep into the obscur. Others are too tailored / dresswear, which I normally don't get into. Selvege pieces are pretty amazing. There really isn't anyone doing what he's doing with selvedge. I'm surprised more of those items weren't picked up by shops.

Comment

• seenmy
            • May 2009

I wonder which retailers will have been bold enough to order selfedge part of the collection,havent seen much in the various photosets doing the rounds, the pieces from 09 were truely exceptional

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

@ peasant: have you been to milano in last october? otherwise you haven't seen anything mate

otherwise i agree, but bear in mind formalwear is the crux of the matter when it comes to ccp, in a way even the 'sportwear' as they call it is formal.
              pix

Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by seenmy View Post
                I wonder which retailers will have been bold enough to order selfedge part of the collection,havent seen much in the various photosets doing the rounds, the pieces from 09 were truely exceptional
                lift and atelier i would guess, and EM for sure
                pix

Comment

• seenmy
                  • May 2009

thats easy on the airmiles then

Comment

• Peasant
                    • Jul 2009

Ha... yes, I wish. Just been seeing similar buys from everywhere. I understand that his formal wear is a pillar in his design. I consider him to be first, and foremost, a tailor. But since I spend all day in scrubs I find little time to wear such pieces.

I hope you're right about not seeing anything. Would love some unexpected gems to pop up. Wait...what do you know!?

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                    @ peasant: have you been to milano in last october? otherwise you haven't seen anything mate

otherwise i agree, but bear in mind formalwear is the crux of the matter when it comes to ccp, in a way even the 'sportwear' as they call it is formal.

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

Atelier got a few Selvedge pieces, but not a majority. Unless they up'd their buy recently.

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

like shittier timberlands, everybody hurts....sometimes

Originally posted by cuddly View Post
                        hiking boots with the steel ankles.kind of suspect..

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                          • Jan 2008

Yohji has been the closest to get me into a skirt,
                          Poell would be the only one who would get me
                          into a leather jacket.

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                          Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Ivans On High
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2008

I like the hiking boots. The leather looks thick as hell and I bet they would look great after a year of solid wear. I would, however, choose not to have the version with the titanium.

I do not like the new version of the high-collar as much as the last. I like the dead-end seam on the back, but the placket stitching on the closure seems (seams?) uneccessary to me and clutters up the front.

Comment

• Peasant
                              • Jul 2009

2010 Footwear

Just following up on the footwear discussion after viewing better images.

The hiking boot / sole has the small bridge which creates a gap. Not too bad. But the updated trainer with, what I'm assuming is referred to as the airmax sole is heinous. The one with the massive cavity in the sole? Structurally it can't be comprised of only leather, as it would easily collapse. I believe it's titanium as well. Then there's the problem of shit (literally and figuratively) collecting in the space created.

Additionally are the perforated dipped shoes. Large slits, not holes. Equally as ugly. And an updated derby. Excessive leather on top creates a broad fold and the leather seems to snake to varying degrees depending on the force applied when laced. 09 dipped sneaks still take the cake.

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              yea pretty sure they were the same otherwise. not a massive difference to the older ones either, except for the coloured laces, vent holes and the dip not covering the toe box as much, which you can see in the picture eton posted.

Comment

• eton97
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                                Then there's the problem of shit (literally and figuratively) collecting in the space created.
                                peasant - you just concluded my internal debate over 2009 vs 2010 dipped sneaks....old style vs airmax...nicely put - thank you
                                Last edited by eton97; 02-16-2011, 11:43 AM.
                                you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎