X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ionn26
    • Feb 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Well.. EM buy I think is always great.. unfortunately they are always more expensive than their european counterpart. Their service is pretty good too. Well... I am definitely looking forward to what all the shops that carries CCP get.

I heard that there are several shops in Europe actually got the hoodie jacket and they told me it is around 4500Euro.. which is not bad when you think about EM cost about 10000

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

I just posted a ton of info regarding Poells tape seam technique and his "Jointed" (articulated is the proper terminology) here and it didn't work.

Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, i will try to do it again at Lunch break

Someone requested of me Info about the taped seam technique that Poell uses.

Yes I know how it is done........ We have one of the machines here at my office, ( the one made by Sonobond)

that we uses for Bonding/taping on bulletproof /ballistic garment parts ( i would have to reconfigure the machine to do taped seams though)

Basically,there are two(?) companies that developed this technology.

1. Goretex

2. Sonobond Industries

Goretex basically uses it for waterproofing garments. because sewing through waterproof fabric creates needle holes that has to be covered, for the garment to be truly waterproof thus the taping of the seams to cover the holes solves this problem

here is a pic of the Gortex machine .

previous
      | next

previous
      | next

i have some info regarding also how/why he uses it on the knitwear, but i posted and it didn't come through.

Stupid Computer!!!

Talk later

they don't pay me here to post on SZ[67][<:o)]

Zamb

I will say more later

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Ha! Zam, you rock!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
          • Sep 2006

Zamb, thanks for the great information! Gore is an interesting company - they don't have a formal management structure nor do they have plants or units with more than 150 people.

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

it's pure decoration with poell though....he tapes over sewn seams (I think).

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]it's pure decoration with poell though....he tapes over sewn seams (I think).[/quote]

No its not pure decoration .......Continuing with the Earlier Post.

On the Blazers i am assuming that the tape serves the purpose of preventing the fabric from fraying (unraveling) as the blazers are unlined, nd yes it does look aesthetically appealing.......the decorative factor.

On the knitwear ......... From my knowledge, there are certain knits that you cannot (not supposed to) use the TEX (weight/ thickness/ strength) thread and Needle size he uses for overlocking.

Because of this, the knits become effectively "damaged" during the ovelocking process, if the garment is worn this way then the fabric would break from the stress of wearing ............... By taping the seams whatever minute (not visible to the naked eyes) damage is created during the overlocking , is fused by the tape and the area that is taped is effectively strengthened (probably stronger than the rest of the garment)...

so its a technical solution, and yes........ it does look beautiful aesthetically.

Regarding the "Jointed' garments......... (articulated is the proper term) If the technique is used properly ( and i'm sure Poell will) they should fit better/ be more comfortable than regular garments.......

the idea is to create garments that mimic the closeness of the skin (with comfort considerations) but have better rage of motion than traditionally cut garments......

this kind of cutting is used in Garments for the Navy/ Marines/ Army special forces and also for sports where the fabric is "non Stretch" but mobility is a priority

here is a loose (poor visual) example of a pants with articulated seams

http://www.cryeprecision.com/product1.asp?P=CP1

Military Articulated Garments

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Sorry to break up the discussion, but here's the new collection in it's entirety.
                *Sorry for the small pics, they're from Lift's site and they don't have bigger pics.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Could this last jacket be the 10K one?

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

Thanks Casius,

i LIKE IT ALOT.

Makes me really want to do menswear.........Again.

I like that its a small Focused collection, with clothing for almost all (basic) situations

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

OMFG, the glove knit. Mine. MINE!

I've come to the realization that i won't be able to afford any CCP leather jackets this season... at least not when they hit the stores. Chances are they'll disappear before the November/December time frame when I'll have the money to spend... but the glove knit... my god... so awesome.

i don't like this model's build. Makes the jackets look all puffy because he's too small for them I think. The hooded leather jacket is bad-fucking-ass. Is that really the 10k one? That would be nuts considering it doesn't really stand out that much aside from that hood. The glove leather coat is great as well.... man... damn CCP! Damn him!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

i only really like two of the pieces in the collection. those being the two leather jackets (fencing and 'regular'). the tailored pieces are great, but look like his tailored pieces from past seasons. i personally am not a big fan on the knits as they look pretty bulky like the luc turtleneck.

anyone know if any of those pieces are jointed? i want to see the footwear though!

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Here are my favorite looks;

I'm looking forward to seeing the glove knit by itself, it looks really short on the model but I assume he's like a 46 and 5'6" or something. The glove leather long coat is just gnarly looking, not something that's too practical, but it's a show stopper.
                          I wish there were some close ups of the new footwear and maybe the joints on some of the clothing, still really looking to see how that all fits. Other than that, the tailored pieces are really nice and typically Carol. Definitely looking forward to what Lazzari picks up.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

i only really like two of the pieces in the collection. those being the two leather jackets (fencing and 'regular'). the tailored pieces are great, but look like his tailored pieces from past seasons. i personally am not a big fan on the knits as they look pretty bulky like the luc turtleneck.

anyone know if any of those pieces are jointed? i want to see the footwear though!

[/quote]

The fencing is seriously lovely... makes me really want one.

The more I look at the gloved knit the more I love it. It looks like the sleeves are twisted too... or it could just be how its worn. It would be easy to generate a twist on the glove knit due to the gloved portion forcing a twist in the sleeve when put on. The texture looks great too.

Joey I think a lot of the outerwear look awkward due to the model's size... I've yet to encounter any CCP pieces that weren't well structured and slim on the body really.

Can't tell for sure... but at least the gloved black leather jacket is jointed.

i want to see the gloves this season too... there's quite a bit of buzz around them with no photos whatsoever. I'm checking with A and Lazzari in regards to their CCP order today.....

So exciting!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• deuxmille
                              • Nov 2006

The last jacket reminds me of the ones raf did last winter (I feel I post this comment in every thread). The pants with the really skinny legs and high waists are not very flattering on that model (looks like a case of geriatric incontinence!) and the tops are not my cup of tea for the most part. I like the look with the shorts and sweater and I would rock that gloved long leather jacket if I could ever afford such a piece.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I must say, the model is doing disservice to the clothes. I can't say anything until I see it in person (but then I know what I'll say :-)).
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎