X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ionn26
    • Feb 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

What can I say.. some interesting and some remake of his past season.. I guess he did the leather trench as the same one that I have.. heheheh... I LOVE the gloved long leather trench.. although I don't see how is it different from say.. if you wear it long and wear seperate leather gloves...

I love the hoodie jacket.. but for 10K.. hmm.. better value somewhere else. although I do love the idea of it not as one piece of hood but several pieces sewn together, and that it eventually covers your head.. very nice collection. Hopefully I will score a pair of jeans this season..

As for the model.. yes.. well.. I think that the model is too skinny, but bear in mind that Poell's cut around the waist is pretty big.. so.. even though it may fit on the shoulder it looks big around your chest down. Additionally, having the elastic band at the bottom of the leather jacket does not help much either and only make it more awkward looking.

Comment

• Avantster
      ¤¤¤
      • Sep 2006

Zamb, thanks for your informative posts. For a person like me for whom fashion is an interest rather than a profession it's really great!

Great pics Casius. That last hooded leather jacket really intrigues me. I really like the look of the suit but would need to see it in person... which given my location will have a chance of next to none.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• crouka
        • Jul 2007

the model is about 190cm

every piece he is putting onisa size 50

Comment

• ionn26
          • Feb 2007

Crouka, May I ask how do you know???

If what you are saying is true, I guess this season is cut big again? NO?

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

If he's really 6'1", then a 50 would be spot on like last season which is a tad on the slimmer side. I'm 6'3" and 180lbs and I wear a 52 in the tops and 50 in bottoms and they fit great.

After talking with the Library, they said he hasn't changed the cuts of his clothing for quite some time. So I think everyone should just go with the same size they did for Spring.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• clay
              • Sep 2006

Zamb, I came across a art book about tape and artist that use it as a medium. One of the projects in the book consisted of a garments held together entirely by tape, This tape did not ravel at the sides like duct tape would and it looked entirely low tech ( no machine bonding needed). I could not find what actual tape they used for this project. All the garments were flat knits ( jersey). The book mentioned it was permanent, and very much looked so. Would you know which tape they used? The book is called "TAPE" I think. I wanted to experiment with this. Any info is appreciated.

We should start a fund to pay for Zamb's consulting![Y]

Comment

• ionn26
                • Feb 2007

Well.. Cas... actually CCP has not changed his cut at all.. but I am sure that it was discussed somewhere that due to the artisanal aspect of every piece it is very hard to conform to the same size even though every piece is labeled 50 or 52. So... what I am saying is that even though some of the pieces may say 50, depends on each piece(or season), you would get different fit.

One very good example is that I was trying on the CCP shoes. For the boots I need size 9 but for the oxford I need size 8. Furthermore, the oxford which has two size 8, one fits smaller and the other fits bigger and more comfortable. So it just really is depend how it is made.

The other thing which is also discussed before... that the waist look big on the leather jacket. I have jackets or coat that does look very big, just the way how it is cut.

What I am afraid is that you will get a size 50.. and it is still too loose from the look of the model that is..

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Oh yea, I definitely don't disagree with that, but that's the case for every brand out there.
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

[quote user="clay"]

Zamb, I came across a art book about tape and artist that use it as a medium. One of the projects in the book consisted of a garments held together entirely by tape, This tape did not ravel at the sides like duct tape would and it looked entirely low tech ( no machine bonding needed). I could not find what actual tape they used for this project. All the garments were flat knits ( jersey). The book mentioned it was permanent, and very much looked so. Would you know which tape they used? The book is called "TAPE" I think. I wanted to experiment with this. Any info is appreciated.

We should start a fund to pay for Zamb's consulting![Y]

[/quote]

i think the British designer Hamish Morrow, did something similar to this a few years back, I also briefly read something about it a while back, I promise you i will do some fact Checking before i post,as I dont want to give you misinformation.

give me a few days and i will let you know.

Instead of paying for consulting, save the money, you will need it when i launch the (Capsule)menswear collection

I am going to Jamaica in a two weeks, and ive finally decided to start working on it ( both the mens and womens) when i return. I give you guys more info in a few days

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• crouka
                      • Jul 2007

[quote user="ionn26"]

Crouka, May I ask how do you know???

If what you are saying is true, I guess this season is cut big again? NO?

[/quote]

by experience
                      I'm not good at english. pardom me if I say a plain fact only.

anything there on the model is just sample. it is not necrssarily the same as what stores will receive.
                      especially this fall they tried the object tanning where there should be sort of nonlinearity more than usual. I think they will figure it out better with the production.

good luck with your new project zamb
                      and thanks for the posts about the taping
                      that info would explain some points their efforts are put into.
                      the first season they used tape-sealing was S/S 03, and overlocking A/W 04.
                      there were some pieces whose seams were not sewn at all but taped only (this was a challenge to grope for a new standard. I'd give them credit for doing it as a roadgoing garment).
                      namely it's not like there is tape sealing where overlocking is done.
                      so when they did overlocking with dressy or elegant items, they had to develop fabrics from scratch that looked/felt elegant but strong enough for the needle and thread.
                      (therefore overlocking only over denim and leather recently though)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Thank you for all the info, crouka. Welcome to the forums.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

I have to agree that I don't think he's changed his cuts. I have a jacket from last winter which is smaller than the one I have from this summer. Both are 48. I got the 48 leather overlock from this summer and it fits ok. All of these are extremely tight in the arms and to a lesser extent accross the shoulders and back, but that's the way they are supposed to be I think. There are slight variations, esp the garment dyed pieces. The shoes are terrible for that. I have a pair in an 8 (Im usually a 9) and they're just too big for me (.....might be interested in selling if anyone is looking, heh!)

I don't think the model looks too bad at all. Some of the trousers are extremely unflattering, and would be on anybody. The collection is very nice, but there's nothing really very new there. Not a critisizm, since I think he really is beggining to focus on developing an evolving capsule collection of menstailored "essentials" (if not "basics"), but it's good for my wallet.....I've effectively already got everything I like in those pics. (Not a fan of the gloved pieces....)

Comment

• Monty76
                            • Sep 2006

Some pics from a Phaidon bookcalled SAMPLE - 100 Fashion Designers (dont have a scanner so excuse the crappy pics)

Comment

• Monty76
                              • Sep 2006

a few more...

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                                • Dec 2006

hey chinorlz, any chance of seeing those pics of the lookbook from eBay?!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎