X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

mm, that's actually a bit of a messy subject.... let's just say a CCP rep got partially involved and posting the photos here would not be in Stylezeitgeist's best interests.

Unfortunate I know!

I'll try and work on a way around this .....

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Weird. It's a shame too, because I bet it's a wonderful lookbook. Maybe the people over at CCP can release some more pictures or update the website for us customers who love the line......(hoping rep is reading this...) [:D]
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• KeijiHaino
        • Dec 2006

oh come on just post em!

Comment

• explicit
          • Jan 2007

Wow, that's really unfortunate, Albert. I hope there's some sort of work-around but, either way, I'm just looking forward to any new photos that surface.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]oh come on just post em!
            [/quote]

Errrm, no. I don't feel like having an IP lawsuit on my hands, thank you very much.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

I have no idea what the circumstances surrounding this situation is, but whatever it is cant be good, the guys here are such faithful supporters of CCP, and we all love his work, but this is utterly ridiculous.

Isnt, a lookbook supposed to be for viewing?

and most of all viewng by serious customers? of which there are many on this forum ?

Albert and Faust,
              while i can logically agree with you both, because the problems may not worth the effort, here is where Zam- the Maniac comes in,

If it were me, i would post them here and everywhere, and dare CCP and his Reps, (whoever the hell that is) to do what they please......................... You cant want people to buy your products and support your work, but want to control even where ,when and by who it is viewed

It is days like these that I dont like fashion,

Maybe they should sue me for Explaining how the over-lock technique is Done!

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Well, as consumers, we can only strike back with our $ (or lack thereof [66])
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

as i'm sure everyone has seen, atelier has received some ccp fall items

fencing jacket $5800 (OOF)

overlock jacket $5300

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chim
                    • Dec 2006

the fencing jacket is just unbelievable. too bad it looks kind of silly worn unzipped though.

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

Easternmarket in OZ recieved thier first shipment and is recieving another this week or so. Jointed shirts, gloved knit sweater, denim fencing jacket, overlock jeans, leather jkts, and the shoes/acc. will be recieved later on.
                      BTW, those guys over there are truly helpful.

I also emailed lazzari but still haven't recieved an answer about what they ordered.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

i know lazzari ordered the fencing jacket (i hope it's under 5k), but that's all i know.

what're easternmarket's price?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

i know lazzari ordered the fencing jacket (i hope it's under 5k), but that's all i know.

[/quote]

I'll know the prices hopefully by Sat. or so. He said he would let me know once they come in as the prices can be subject to change a little after they arrive. I'm just hoping markup isn't so huge in OZ, but I may be asking too much...They ordered some cool stuff though!

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                            • Dec 2006

[quote user="zamb"]

I have no idea what the circumstances surrounding this situation is, but whatever it is cant be good, the guys here are such faithful supporters of CCP, and we all love his work, but this is utterly ridiculous.

Isnt, a lookbook supposed to be for viewing?

and most of all viewng by serious customers? of which there are many on this forum ?

Albert and Faust,
                            while i can logically agree with you both, because the problems may not worth the effort, here is where Zam- the Maniac comes in,

If it were me, i would post them here and everywhere, and dare CCP and his Reps, (whoever the hell that is) to do what they please......................... You cant want people to buy your products and support your work, but want to control even where ,when and by who it is viewed

It is days like these that I dont like fashion,

Maybe they should sue me for Explaining how the over-lock technique is Done!

[/quote]

Totally agree with zamb here,

let's put it this way, to think that CCP even has a case is ridiculous, and to think that they would do anything more than say "will you remove these pictures"? is ridiculous too....do you see how many pictures are on this website that are taken from other sources?!?!?!

Also, if a picture is used as a NEWS photo it is fair game.

if it doesnt say that it is copyright on them then we can only assume that it is copylefted. which is fair game.

as long as you post them and say "these are ccp pics" then you're fine.

think about artists like Richard Prince who use APPROPRIATION as their way of expression. they have NEVER seen a lawsuit!

so you could even scan them in post them and say they are artwork.

theres no case for ccp here.

we all love him and his stuff, please for the love of mankind we need new pics!! for the sake of everything!

or how about making a myspace account or something and posting them on there as ccp fan or something????

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="ddohnggo"]

[/quote]

I'll know the prices hopefully by Sat. or so. He said he would let me know once they come in as the prices can be subject to change a little after they arrive. I'm just hoping markup isn't so huge in OZ, but I may be asking too much...They ordered some cool stuff though!

[/quote]

Yowch... aren't the prices up from last season now?

If a fencing jacket in my size is still available somewhere in the world around december/january (which it probably won't be haha) then I may get it. Before then.... (opens wallet and two moths lazily fly out)

weeeeee

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

Yea it seems as though the pricing is up from last season and this isn't even including the jointed pieces which will most likely be much more....*sigh*

Ya killin' me Carol.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎