X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

I read the comments about the posting of CCP pictures taken from the look book and while the interpretation presented is a distinct possibility, has anyone considered that, as an artist, he probably feels that it is imperative to present his work in the best context possible. Many photographers are not keen about having material selected for a monograph presented on an digital medium, as the paper type, exact tint, cover, layout and accompanying text are all part of a ?total experience? they want to offer to the viewer. Other material might be developed for the web in a later stage and presented on a creatively designed website, but keep in mind CCP is a small company that move at a slow and steady state. I?ve noticed that, due to the small amount of information available, any shred of news about Poell is imbued with a signification far beyond what can be ascertained from the often laconic sentences we gather from tertiary sources.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

I think you're right Fuuma, in that he is most likely looking for the best possible representation of his work/company. But on the other hand, his lack of information and pictures for his customers is borderline weird and eccentric. Not too many brands I would think would spend time NOT wanting thier clothing pictures on a fashion/style website where we are customers of his work (as seen in the multiple past pages of this thread).

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• crouka
        • Jul 2007

we have to know, exactly if possible, what the rep said.

btw, how was the lookbook obtained in the first place ?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="crouka"]

we have to know, exactly if possible, what the rep said.

btw, how was the lookbook obtained in the first place ?

[/quote]

Ebay.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• crouka
            • Jul 2007

keyboardcowgirl, S/S 07 included a capsule womens collection.

thanks faust
            I wonder how the original ebay seller obtained it.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="crouka"]

keyboardcowgirl, S/S 07 included a capsule womens collection.

[/quote]

Whoa, really? Do you happen to know what was part of the capsule collection?

Comment

• crouka
                • Jul 2007

short-sleeved long jacket
                normal jacket (blazer)
                boots
                and so on

Comment

• droogist
                  • Sep 2006

^ That's interesting, I didn't know about the shoes. Anybody have any *cough, cough* pictures...?

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]I think you're right Fuuma, in that he is most likely looking for the best possible representation of his work/company. But on the other hand, his lack of information and pictures for his customers is borderline weird and eccentric. Not too many brands I would think would spend time NOT wanting thier clothing pictures on a fashion/style website where we are customers of his work (as seen in the multiple past pages of this thread).

[/quote]

My understanding is that the company is opposed to having their lookbook scanned and put online. Other CCP pictures are available and their scarcity is is due to the fringe nature of the label. Atelier post pictures of their items with absolutely no ill consequences don't they, its just that there are only few retailers, clients, fans, celebrity wearers and media exposure.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

Yea I agree about the catalog, because well, those aren't normally available to the public anyway. But when I just recently talked with Eastern market who is a stockist of CCP, they said they were unable to take pictures of the pieces for me. I had heard before that Eastern Market would provide pictures (of CCP) but this season they do not, which I found odd. It's just weird to me that when this clothing is not readily available, you still can't be provided pictures from one of thier stockists.

Comment

• crouka
                        • Jul 2007

[quote user="droogist"]^ That's interesting, I didn't know about the shoes. Anybody have any *cough, cough* pictures...?
                        [/quote]

I don't have any pictures
                        sorry
                        but the boot had more pointy toe than the usual mens style.

this is from S/S 05

Comment

• crouka
                          • Jul 2007

a lookbook is supposed to be there for viewing.
                          but it's not anything to sell basically.
                          I guess if the rep really had cut in in any way, that might have had something to do with the fact that it was sold on ebay somehow. I don't know.
                          all I know is CCP actually asks them to release the photo after it is received and is in the store.
                          but even if the store doesn't keep the request, CCP would not say they would suethe storefor that.

I'm sure CCP wants the customers to see the pictures.
                          but what CCP wishes more might be for them to see the clothes in person,
                          to feel them, try them on, and then to buy them after being really satisfied and plesed.
                          since this is the kind that is difficult to know from the pictures, and is risky to buy without knowing it actually.
                          for many companies as well as fashion labels, the internet might be still a new thing to handle, with mixed blessing. it's like some of them are still under trial and error.
                          so are CCP andits retailers apparently.
                          also digital pictures are so easy.
                          in my opinionit can sometimes be too much for this small company, nonetheless, followed by relatively many people of various kinds.

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

[quote user="crouka"]

[quote user="droogist"]^ That's interesting, I didn't know about the shoes. Anybody have any *cough, cough* pictures...?
                            [/quote]

I don't have any pictures
                            sorry
                            but the boot had more pointy toe than the usual mens style.

this is from S/S 05

[/quote]

That picture is hot! Thank you for posting that. (I saw those trousers on Y! Jp a while ago...)

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Yeah... the whole publishing of photos thing is a nutty one. in the end, I'm still not going to put them on here because that eliminates ANY risk of ANY issues that may arise from it.

I may get around to putting them up on a photobucket account or something else 100% not associated with SZ....

As for the smaller shoes, they do float around somewhat... I know that L'Eclaireur Rue Herold had a pair of the flattened laceups in a teen tiny size (like CCP 4 or something) at their store. Very pretty and cool to look at!

They also had an overlock shirt in a size 40 so that was probably womens then as well. Occasionally womens pieces also show up on yahoo auctions.. just a matter of keeping an eye out.

When C2 relaunches I will have at least one womens CCP button up on there... lovely piece, killer fabric.

At this point, as cool as the coming season's pieces are, the prices are just not right. At least Rick keeps his shit in line. For the price of ONE CCP leather jacket, you could buy THREE Rick ones! Granted it's not quite the same... but it's just something to put it all into perspective. The thing about CCP leather jackets is how precious they are. I'd absolutely freak out if something got on a CCP leather jacket whereas with a Rick one I'd at least be slightly less concerned.

Sorry Carol, but for the most part, I'm buying your stuff secondhand at least this season.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

Just curious to see if the reason for not allowing photos to run rampant could be in large part to minimizing the risk of potential pirates running with his designs. Knock-offs flood the market nowadays and I can't help but take this into consideration.

The kind of focus and energy that goes into the design and production of every single piece is immense. I'd be bloody pissed if someone were to do some crap reproduction and plant the CCP name on them.

As far as I'm concerned, he could restrict any photo he wants from showing up anywhere he finds it. It's not going to affect my respect for him and his line in the slightest. You call it eccentric, I call it sensible.

Originally posted by Faust
                                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎