X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

oh good call. I wasn't even paying attention to the names at all.

So what's the total store count then for the world? 17 or so?

You're right, chances are most places don't carry but a handful of pieces. I wish the little pamphlet with ( X of X made) came with each and every item.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Monty76
      • Sep 2006

Bella: definetely useful info... now i will know that there is some poell shopping to do if i hit up those cities...

Faust: How bout we start a shop by city forum, and we can write difinitive shoplists for major cities... i can write onefor Hong Kong, you can write onefor Antwerp and wherever else... and then we can all add to each others lists... any comments on this, or on a possible format for theforum - i started a thread in announcements andfeedback

i will definetely check out ann dem, louis and cdg, thanks... i also heard about a store called box 18 that carries undercover and number nine though i doubt the prices will be reasonable.. what kinda stuff they carry at louis BTW?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Monty76"]

Bella: definetely useful info... now i will know that there is some poell shopping to do if i hit up those cities...

Faust: How bout we start a shop by city forum, and we can write difinitive shoplists for major cities... i can write onefor Hong Kong, you can write onefor Antwerp and wherever else... and then we can all add to each others lists... any comments on this, or on a possible format for theforum - i started a thread in announcements andfeedback

i will definetely check out ann dem, louis and cdg, thanks... i also heard about a store called box 18 that carries undercover and number nine though i doubt the prices will be reasonable.. what kinda stuff they carry at louis BTW?

[/quote]

Louis stock rotates pretty often, I think - I've read reviews of them carrying Ann and Dries, and I haven't seen any the two times I was there (maybe because they opened their own store by now). They have a lot of cred, since they were the first to stock Antwerp designers in their infancy. It is definitely the place to go for Raf - he has a good relationship with them. When Raf took one season off from fashion, he did one capsule collection exclusively for Louis called Raf Simons Archives (I'm lucky I happened to be there and buy a piece). It also has a good stock of Margiela. It's a small store, but well-edited.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

i was just wondering. did poell do any other "runway shows" aside from the mainstream downstream?

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

minority rev

full size pictures:

pic 1
            pic 2

pic 3

haha if the small ones are $650 at A. i wonder how much these go for...

Comment

[quote user="xcoldricex"]i was just wondering. did poell do any other "runway shows" aside from the mainstream downstream?

[/quote]

I've wondered about that too; this auction has a photo of a model in CCP, but a straight runway show seems like such a conservative diversion...

If the photo does represent a recent show, does anyone know the season it represents? I'd be interested in knowing whether Carol did the bee-keeper nets prior to the recent Thom Browne show.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="xadam"]

[quote user="xcoldricex"]i was just wondering. did poell do any other "runway shows" aside from the mainstream downstream?

[/quote]

I've wondered about that too; this auction has a photo of a model in CCP, but a straight runway show seems like such a conservative diversion...

If the photo does represent a recent show, does anyone know the
                season it represents? I'd be interested in knowing whether Carol did
                the bee-keeper nets prior to the recent Thom Browne show.

[/quote]

This
                seller just uses any and all pictures he can find. I would not be
                surprised if this is not a Poell show at all. The presentation
                looks like N(N) SS07 show, actually.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• battles
                  • Oct 2006

haha, i find his cheap waterbrushedrunway shotsare a bit funny...
                  it's alexander mcqueen ss 07, btw

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="battles"]

haha, i find his cheap waterbrushedrunway shotsare a bit funny...
                    it's alexander mcqueen ss 07, btw

[/quote]

Ah, thanks! Ebay provides for some entertainment when a clueless seller tries to dress up his wares, doesn't it?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• battles
                      • Oct 2006

it sure does, faust.. bad marketing is still marketing!

Comment

• xcoldricex
                        • Sep 2006

haha that most certainly is not poell. it seems all of his other seasons are strictly lookbook - ah i wonder what all the stores do with their lookbooks at the end of the season, should've tried to buy one from space in osaka.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

more pix from FW06

twist jeans

that's such an interesting shape!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Ahh, the overlock pants! I want them in black or gray!

The dress shirt is really nice too.

I tried on the leather jacket at A and it was such a killer. The price though... gah, just can't stomach it!

-A

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• xcoldricex
                              • Sep 2006

are those second overlock pants denim? it's done in his denim styling so i'd assume so?

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

Faust - where are the pics from? I love those clothes, mainly the suit and hte last funnel neck sweater. I want!!! Do those sweaters have the wire things in them?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎