X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Yeah Cas and I discussed this as he had mentioned. It's kinda nuts honestly... but I think it was mentioned before on here as well in regards to the weakening dollar and the importation fees. Thus, cheaper in Italy overall versus here.

All that being said... I may be ordering the fencing from Atelier. Even though they initially told me they'd help me out and do international for me, L'Eclaireur's owner recently changed protocol and they do not do international orders any more.... and as Lazzari is sold out of the 50. I'm not left with too much of a choice (although I'm all ears if anyone has further suggestions!). The balance between not being able to get it at all and paying more is the key here.... ugh! Who knew it'd be so hard!!!!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ionn26
      • Feb 2007

The thing is that I remember Atelier still has last season's Over lock black jacket and three of them still hanging on their rack. I don't think it is flying out as fast as they say or that everyone thinks. But then again.. this is classic jacket.. so it is not like the fencing jacket...

Comment

• ionn26
        • Feb 2007

Albert .. I think CCP and the retailers realizes that many client who are after CCP are after the thrill of the hunt and the rarity of it. I am also disappointed to see that L'eclaiure does not do international client anymore. I mean.. gosh.. how many business they are loosing by not doing international. But then again. would they care since they already have a strong branding in Paris. (of course this is not an attack on L'eclaiure)

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

So here you all go, gloved knit sweater.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

that turtleneck is serious. what does it look like worn?
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

I'll hopefully post some pics up sorn of it being worn. My camera is being a pain as I was lucky for it to last long enough to take these (the battery was charging all night and it still read battery needs tobe replaced!), needless to say I think I know what my next purchase is going to be...

But the knit comes to about my hips and is cut slim. The gloved section covers my entire palm and the thumb part fits nice and snug and is perfect! The neck is a beast though! You can literally roll it up three times over! Also, the sweater is really substantial but kind of rough but since I always wear shirts underneath it's no prob. :)

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

looking forward to seeing that worn!

the belt discussed earlier, was that the rubber one or leather? I saw the rubber ones at L'eclaireur and wasn't that impressed, the buckle is similar but the strap part is a bit underwhelming.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Here's some pics of the aforementioned belt...

Comment

• clay
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]is clothing more attractive on a man or a woman?[/quote]

IMO, I think the wearer makes the clothing, not the other way around. If that person feels genuinely sexy or attractive wearing the clothing, it will be noticed by others. It will come out in their actions or movement, expression and so forth. There will be a confidence that can not be denied taken that it's genuine. If it's just posing, you see it and they become ugly instantly, no matter what they are wearing.

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                      • Dec 2006

i actually agree with you.

i think that fabric is fabric, clothing is clothing, .......

i.e. it cannot be art, or do what art can do.

but once someone puts it on it can do something that art can't.

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                        • Sep 2006

Some pictures from minorityrev

I belive that the last sweater is the one Casius have, the soles of the boots are a work of art (i'll feel guilty to step in those beauties)

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                          • Sep 2006

Does any of the Poell experts have information on his early collections?, i´ve seen some stuff with black labels instead of the regular yellow ones, some awful logo t-shirts, some garments in polyester/synthetic fabrics etc... i'm very curious about that, 'causealmost all the info that i have from Poell it's from safe collection to date.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

wow, great pictures!
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="gutpocho"]Does any of the Poell experts have information on his early collections?, i´ve seen some stuff with black labels instead of the regular yellow ones, some awful logo t-shirts, some garments in polyester/synthetic fabrics etc... i'm very curious about that, 'causealmost all the info that i have from Poell it's from safe collection to date.[/quote]

Well, you are SAFE, then :-). Yes, it was a lot of polyester stuff - I remember not liking any of it. He's always done leather though. Maybe when droogist comes back, she will tell you more.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

WOW, thank you for the pics man. Some of those pieces are just astounding....I love the textured sweater, hope A is getting that in the next shipment.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎