• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="Johnny"]Faust - where are the pics from? I love those clothes, mainly the suit and hte last funnel neck sweater. I want!!! Do those sweaters have the wire things in them?[/quote]

I'm not sure about the wires, doesn't seem like it from the pix (edit, actually maybe they do!). It's a Japanese site, unfortunately

http://centocosekakegawa.hamazo.tv/e202845.html

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

it doesn't say anything about wires. the gray overlock pants are denim.

as for the reversible shirts- what's on the reverse side? anything interesting or is it just going to be an exposed seam look?

Comment

• battles
        • Oct 2006

the suit is really nice, i'd wear them with the l/s tee.they're just perfect!
        the leather jacket is nice too, but i don't dare asking the price...
        cheers, faust.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="xadam"]

[quote user="xcoldricex"]i was just wondering. did poell do any other "runway shows" aside from the mainstream downstream?

[/quote]

I've wondered about that too; this auction has a photo of a model in CCP, but a straight runway show seems like such a conservative diversion...

If the photo does represent a recent show, does anyone know the season it represents? I'd be interested in knowing whether Carol did the bee-keeper nets prior to the recent Thom Browne show.

[/quote]

He's done a few other interesting shows... presentations in a butcher meat locker, a show that was a "prison escape" (I think done in tandem with a models-in-cages show?). A while back he was doing some sort of showing of his designs in a bunker in the middle of nowhere essentially... I think one of the guys on tFS went to it actually, but it was mentioned on that thread over there....

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

i didn't think of those as actual shows, but more of a presentation... but i guess they're kind of the same haha.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"][quote user="xadam"]

[quote user="xcoldricex"]i was just wondering. did poell do any other "runway shows" aside from the mainstream downstream?

[/quote]

I've wondered about that too; this auction has a photo of a model in CCP, but a straight runway show seems like such a conservative diversion...

If the photo does represent a recent show, does anyone know the season it represents? I'd be interested in knowing whether Carol did the bee-keeper nets prior to the recent Thom Browne show.

[/quote]

He's done a few other interesting shows... presentations in a butcher meat locker, a show that was a "prison escape" (I think done in tandem with a models-in-cages show?). A while back he was doing some sort of showing of his designs in a bunker in the middle of nowhere essentially... I think one of the guys on tFS went to it actually, but it was mentioned on that thread over there....

[/quote]

That last one was a part of a museum exhibition in Austria, where Carol is from. But, yea, it could've been a bunker!

http://www.mak.at/mysql/ausstellunge...id=689&lang=en

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                • Sep 2006

OK a bit of a rant from me. Not really at CPP, but the feckin Library. I was there in the summer and asked them to send me pics of LMaltieri when it came in, left number and email. Nothing. Phoned them about a month ago to get pics of CCP, said they would do it, nothing. Phoned them again this week, gave them a different email address in case they'd got the other one long or lost, gave them a direct phone number, said they would do it and ........NOTHING. Jeez, I'm practically beggin them to sell me some really expensive clothes......Bear in mind that i bought a leather short from them at full retail , so they know i'm serious. It's just shocking service. I don't actually think they really know what they're doing actually; they're no where near Leclaireur or, from my brief experience of it, A, in terms of expertise. I'm done with them now.Only problwm is I really want that suit jacketthat Faust posted. I am going to try Leclairuer now (well notnow, but next week)

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

OK a bit of a rant from me. Not really at CPP, but the feckin Library. I was there in the summer and asked them to send me pics of LMaltieri when it came in, left number and email. Nothing. Phoned them about a month ago to get pics of CCP, said they would do it, nothing. Phoned them again this week, gave them a different email address in case they'd got the other one long or lost, gave them a direct phone number, said they would do it and ........NOTHING. Jeez, I'm practically beggin them to sell me some really expensive clothes......Bear in mind that i bought a leather short from them at full retail , so they know i'm serious. It's just shocking service. I don't actually think they really know what they're doing actually; they're no where near Leclaireur or, from my brief experience of it, A, in terms of expertise. I'm done with them now.Only problwm is I really want that suit jacketthat Faust posted. I am going to try Leclairuer now (well notnow, but next week)

[/quote]

Oh, that sucks! Yea, I guess they don't want your money! I envy you for going to Paris, again!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

Ah, it will have to be by phone actually...... no trips away for a while

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Karlo and JoJo at A are the best. If you want photos of ANYTHING, they'll snap them immediately and get you photos immediately.

Great guys, great service.

-A

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• xcoldricex
                        • Sep 2006

Johnny if you could let me know how that goes that'd be great. I have yet to do a phone order. The Japanese shops have stopped answering questions for me to, when they did before (even though I've bought stuff from them).. maybe Carol is cracking down haha.

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

yeah no probs xcrx.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

sock boots.

the outside is woven cotton or wool, coated with a thick rubber. there's an insole in the sock so it retains its shape- they're actually really comfortable, but i guess they'd only be good as a house shoe haha.

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                              • Sep 2006

hi was just going to post these. crazy! i didnt know if they were real though. martin margiela made a pair in black also with a short heel.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

didn't expected to see this on honeyee

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎