Page 8 of 528 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: Carol Christian Poell

Default Re: Carol Christian Poell

Those Church's for Jil Sander shoes look delicious, but I think 10.5 would be too big, I usually wear 10, though some brands 10.5 works...

A couple of CCP leather items I saw on Japanese Yahoo auction (at 170000yen and 150000yen respectively)

Not such a bad price for a CCP leather long coat- shame about the beige though.

[quote user="casem83"]Those Church's for Jil Sander shoes look delicious, but I think 10.5 would be too big, I usually wear 10, though some brands 10.5 works...
    [/quote]

Besdies, Church's may very well be British sizes, which would actuall make it 11.5

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

dont know if anybody posted this image yet but it shows both the overlock leather jacket and denim twist pants being worn.

Seeing those guys wear it makes me want to buy poell.

It looks effortless.

I actually like the non-raw edge seamed twist jeans over the raw edged ones. They just don't look right to me. The dark denim with black stitching ones are SICK. (*crosses fingers that my pair arrives tomorrow*)

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

[quote user="mesh"]Seeing those guys wear it makes me want to buy poell.[/quote]

I have to complete opposite reaction. To me, unlike raf simons, CCP is not a brand that I like seeing or wearing from head to toe. I think I'm against the majority on this one, but meh.

just to claraify, only the guy on the extreme left is wearing poell. not a fan of poell overload either though, unless it's a suit.

[quote user="deuxmille"][quote user="mesh"]Seeing those guys wear it makes me want to buy poell.[/quote]

I have to complete opposite reaction. To me, unlike raf simons, CCP is not a brand that I like seeing or wearing from head to toe. I think I'm against the majority on this one, but meh.[/quote]

I should have been better at projecting my sarcasm [:D]

[quote user="mesh"][quote user="deuxmille"][quote user="mesh"]Seeing those guys wear it makes me want to buy poell.[/quote]

I have to complete opposite reaction. To me, unlike raf simons, CCP is not a brand that I like seeing or wearing from head to toe. I think I'm against the majority on this one, but meh.[/quote]

I should have been better at projecting my sarcasm [:D]

[/quote]

Yep. Had me fooled.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I saw two crazy jacket I had never seen before today... new collection perhaps?

The fabric was almost like paper, very thin and creased and a very nice dark shade of blue. The jackets seemed to have been held by tape from the seam I saw in the back. The cuts were just crazy, I can't really describe them. To be honest, it was a bit to much to my liking... but the fabric was just too nice.

I'm with rice/2000 here, Poell is definitely someone who I think looks good sparingly. Too much is just way too much.

[quote user="deuxmille"]I saw two crazy jacket I had never seen before today... new collection perhaps?

The fabric was almost like paper, very thin and creased and a very nice dark shade of blue. The jackets seemed to have been held by tape from the seam I saw in the back. The cuts were just crazy, I can't really describe them. To be honest, it was a bit to much to my liking... but the fabric was just too nice.

[/quote]

yeah he used paper in his new collection- looks like its coming in already. no time for the wallet to recover, haha - might lay off the poell for awhile though.

it's in store now! hehe

If I recall properly, it wasn't that expensive actually... might be confusing with other pieces that were on sale. To be honnest, as much as I liked the fabric, the jackets were way too busy.

any photos?

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Not on my end... I'll try to find a camera and go take a few at the store, hopefully they won't mind.

sweet. I love supersecret photos. I wonder if that means Atelier will be receiving new stock in these next two weeks....

A couple of blazers... the yellow stitch version was carried by A but sold out.

The gray one looks pretty cool... a little overlock-ish