X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

thanks for all the compliments guys, i'm really happy with it and just in time for winter agony. Carol stepped it up a notch. nice surgical mask ID mr. chinorlz. i glad you posted this so i wont post the tail closing shots unless people really are dying to see it. you got any more frontal views of this piece? so sci-fi. great studio landscape.
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Hehe, unfortunately not... the lookbook only has photos from the back. I believe there were earlier shots of this coat from the front via Lift's website but I don't have them anymore myself.

Hehe, the surgical mask is actually a CCP piece (as seen on his website that is perpetually under construction).

There is an overlocked denim version of the fencing jacket that was put out last fall, along with a white leather version of the fencing jacket. Both pieces probably rare as all hell. There was also a flattened/folded leather belt that can be seen at L'Eclaireur Rue Herold that is a neat art piece... not really wearable.

Again, baller jacket Philip! I hope my friend walks away with something badass to bring back down to Texas hehe. I'm still eagerly awaiting A's photos of the jointed boots!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

for those interested, eastern market has the denim fencing jacket.

i'm gonna go to A tomorrow and check stuff out. hopefully things will still be available!

also, the way the tail folds up is kinda hilarious.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

also gotta give props to Karlo at A for making the decision to go with the fish tail and the unlined taped interior against his better judgement (ie lined, no tail).

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

shit, a version without the tail exists and lined? that might be more up my alley.

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

don't think it ever made it off the drawing board into production...i can ask
              so i asked and karlo doesn't know if anybody ordered that version.
              i'm sure you'll see it on SZ classifieds or yahoo jp next season just as you're gearing up for summer.

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

These odd cut pants.... were they the ones that were jointed at the crotch as well?

Man, everyone seems to be digging the jointed pieces. I can definitely see how it helps with functionality (ie- being able to cross your legs). With the fully jointed pants that include the crotch I can see it as being incredibly movement-liberating while retaining coverage (ach, so tempting...).

Do you mind if I ask about the price Mike?

[/quote]

nope not those ones, these looked normal when worn but when laid flat the cut/pattern was somehow unusual, I think there was an extra seam on the front of the legs or something, now I cant remember properly any more :P

both pants they had were around £500.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="ddohnggo"]xadam, can you post pictures of the overcoat? how do you like it?
                  [/quote]

I'm very happy with the coat. It's somewhat formal, which suits me. Perhaps overcoat was the wrong word; I think it's meant to be worn instead of a suit jacket, not over one.

Here it is (scandalously paired with Thom Browne):

Comment

• uparmoured
                    • Sep 2007

The overcoat are all looking very sharp... philip show us the jacket is diaper mode! PLEASE! The jacket fits you like it was tailored off your body...

FS: M.A+
                    FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• ionn26
                      • Feb 2007

Philip.. can I ask how tall and heavy are you.. since I am not around New York City.. I love the jacket.. but like xadam.. I am a little bit afraid to commit to a coat that I haven't tried it on without knowing how it would fit me.. getting your measurement.. or xadam's would help greatly!!! thanks

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]i thought i'd show a little upper leg for all the girls on this site. lol.
                        yes, 2 buttons.

[/quote]

Thanks for thinking of me, lol. [73]

It's amazing and it looks fantastic on you! [51]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="sbw4224"]

[quote user="casem83"]I saw a lady on the subway today with black boots that had two seperated toes (like those alien gloves) it looked like she had hooves, it was freaky! I wonder if they were CCP.[/quote]

I think those might have been a pair of Margiela boots if I'm not mistaken...

[/quote]

Definitely Margiela...I'm pretty sure he is the inspiration for many of Poell's pieces actually. [75]

I would kill for those tabi boots, freaky or no...[79]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Tiger
                            Banned
                            • Sep 2006

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

straight up michael jackson pose!

Comment

• laika
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="xadam"]

I'm very happy with the coat. It's somewhat formal, which suits me. Perhaps overcoat was the wrong word; I think it's meant to be worn instead of a suit jacket, not over one.

Here it is (scandalously paired with Thom Browne):

[/quote]

It's beautiful and fits you perfectly! I really like it with the Thom Browne actually. I would think those proportions would be difficult to pull off, but it looks great. [51]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎