• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

6'0

[quote user="ionn26"]

Philip.. can I ask how tall and heavy are you.. since I am not around New York City.. I love the jacket.. but like xadam.. I am a little bit afraid to commit to a coat that I haven't tried it on without knowing how it would fit me.. getting your measurement.. or xadam's would help greatly!!! thanks

[/quote]
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="philip nod"]
      6'0

[/quote]

I'm roughly the same size, and I have really narrow shoulders. The 48 fishtail coat was definitelyone size too big, but no more.

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

xadam, coat looks great! definitely blends well with the thom browne aesthetic.

stopped by A and saw the new ccp stuff.

1. fishtail coat - this is the same one that pnod purchased and it's awesome. waaaaaaaaaay better than the m.a+ throne neck coat. i tried on a 48 and it fit perfectly and they have two left in a 48. it's expensive ($3,250), but it's definitely a keeper if it fits with your style. the coat is made of a super heavy wool with the taped seams on the inside and lined sleeves. the collar is very cool when put up, similar to the m.a+ throne collar coat, and when put down it creates a nice lapel. it's pretty sweet. the fishtail actually isn't that severe and is fairly tame; one of my major concerns. the fact that you can button it up like a diaper is hilarious. i tried buttoning the fishtail behind me and it looked cool, but seemed to bother me a little when i walked around. also, the coat is heavy duty and is very warm.

2. long coat - this piece was classic carol as it is a design he's done several times. taped seams excellent construction, etc...

3. blazer - not sure if this was actually in the second delivery, but it was a dark blue-ish blazer with taped seams. nothing that he hasn't done before.

4. gloves - i took a quick glance at the gloves. they were pretty sweet, but not worth the money imo. the leather was supple and the design is very cool in the fact that it already had a 3-d hand shape to it when lying down. i tried to fit my hand in the 46, but i felt like i couldn't get my hand through the wrist portion of the gloves. mind you have small hands so i'm not sure if i didn't try hard enough (i didn't want to damage it since i wasn't going to buy it) or if it really is that small.

5. jointed boots - i was super curious to see these and it did deliver. not only is this a boot that buffalo bill would wear in silence of the lambs, but it also is a work of art. it's made of three types of leather (upper cordovan, inside was sheep(? i can't remember), and bottom was bull leather i think). the joints are prevalent and provide a nice touch to his usual boots. the leather all around is scarred and actually looks like the leather is pushed and pulled in different directions. i think they're out of 24 pairs. $2200

alan bilzerian also received some new ccp stuff. i think the overcoat and the fishtail coat. might not have been the fishtail, but the description of the collar was similar. i was quoted $3200 for the overcoat and $5-6k(!) for the other one.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

get the fishtail! you wont regret it. then you'll get to post the diaper pics :)

Comment

• H-R
            • May 2007

i'm actually a little disappointed that the joints on the boots are not made of different leather. i think it'd be cooler if the joints are made of thinner, more flexible leather so as to allow better movement of your ankles with the boots on... the finishing on them is very cool though.

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]get the fishtail! you wont regret it. then you'll get to post the diaper pics :)[/quote]

you know it. ;) any regrets with the coat yet?

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

hell no, its too perfect, too genius, just waiting til i get over this nagging flu, to actually wear it outta the house.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Great rundown Joey!

That coat sounds straight up baller. Price of the A suit eh? Loving the fact that you can diaper it up too hahaha.

The jointed boots... I'm still dying to see a photo but the fact that the sole is bull leather is a bit saddening... knowing that it will be ruined/sanded down and rubber soled.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

[quote user="H-R"]i'm actually a little disappointed that the joints on the boots are not made of different leather. i think it'd be cooler if the joints are made of thinner, more flexible leather so as to allow better movement of your ankles with the boots on... the finishing on them is very cool though.[/quote]

i think if the boots were to have thinner leather in the joints it would probably be prone to deteriorate.

albert are you still planning to buy anything?

the fishtail coat is definitely on my radar...

Comment

• LanceP
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

alan bilzerian also received some new ccp stuff. i think the overcoat and the fishtail coat. might not have been the fishtail, but the description of the collar was similar. i was quoted $3200 for the overcoat and $5-6k(!) for the other one.

[/quote]

No fishtail. We received the coat that is very similar to the one purchased by philip nod, but without the fishtail. This was actually the one I was considering to purchase. But I love layering and I felt that this coat is way too dense and heavy for me, so I decided to go with the Undercover coat with the wire collar.

Our most recent CCP shipments included the jointed overcoat in charcoal grey, as well as the jointed shirt with what appears to be somewhat raindrop-like perforation in the fabric. They are priced at $3K+ and $1.6K, respectively. I haven't been at the shop since Saturday, so we might have gotten more stuff on either Monday or today. But we are expecting some more pieces in the near future.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

cool. is the price on the non-fishtail coat correct at $5-6k? after hearing the number, i thought i might have misheard.

wow on the 1.6k jointed shirt!

Comment

• LanceP
                          • Oct 2006

No, the non-fishtail is at around $2.6K. The fencing jacket is at $6K+.

That's what I said on the shirt! We already sold them though.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

sheeit. do you know if the non-fishtail has the same high collar and taped seams? what color? and do you know if you have it in black and in a size 48?????????

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

^ and if so, how many black 48s do you have on hand?
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

[quote user="H-R"]i'm actually a little disappointed that the joints on the boots are not made of different leather. i think it'd be cooler if the joints are made of thinner, more flexible leather so as to allow better movement of your ankles with the boots on... the finishing on them is very cool though.[/quote]

i think if the boots were to have thinner leather in the joints it would probably be prone to deteriorate.

albert are you still planning to buy anything?

the fishtail coat is definitely on my radar...

[/quote]

Mmm, not sure. Just talked to JoJo today and apparently the size 48 fingerless gloves didn't arrive in this shipment. They're contacting CCP and Co. to see what the deal is (I suspect there are some other pieces that they haven't received yet as well). I love them (they look baller on you as well Joey), but life will easily go on without them.

The fishtail coat looks awesome but probably not a piece that will get much use down here in Texas and I won't be traveling to the northeast enough to warrant spending that kind of money. I'd love to get me a couple jointed pieces (the pants... the shirt) but the price is hard to swallow!

.... still waiting to see photos of the jointed boots, but there aren't any other "must haves" this season, just a lot of really awesome pieces that I'd like to have. The only piece I really want pretty badly is the fencing jacket, but funds are lacking at the moment.

Everyone's making some beautiful and great pickups. I think it was suggested before but it'd be cool to see what stuff people have squirreled away in their closets. Every so often people drop hints about what they got (or it shows up in the classifieds section)!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎