Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Promoting the site?

[quote user="xcoldricex"]why's runner still at tFS? haha
    [/quote]

He has undivided eligiance to softgrey.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Fuuma, I agree with you. There areplenty of boards out therethat are less"exclusive" and I think they are great. The nice thing about having a small community of people with a similar outlook is that it's actually possible to have adiscussion. On larger boards, I often feel like a lot of interesting posts just get lost inthe flurry of quick comments. For example,I would love too see discussion of designer's collections pick up here, but not if they are going to be full of people simply saying "i hate this, it's disgusting" "i love this," etc.

(Thanks also, for the lovely point aboutblondes in grey--Iwill keep that in mindas inspiration.)

Faust: How about a link from stylebubble (which I love) to this forum?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• nqth
        • Sep 2006

I think the board is good as it is. I even think the "niche" character should be the key. Denim, ok, but let it be niche denim:-) If someone like more popular brands, they will probably go to tFS.

The idea about fashion students is cool. They have a lot of knowledge we don't:-)

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Fuuma, I agree with you. There areplenty of boards out therethat are less"exclusive" and I think they are great. The nice thing about having a small community of people with a similar outlook is that it's actually possible to have adiscussion. On larger boards, I often feel like a lot of interesting posts just get lost inthe flurry of quick comments. For example,I would love too see discussion of designer's collections pick up here, but not if they are going to be full of people simply saying "i hate this, it's disgusting" "i love this," etc.

(Thanks also, for the lovely point aboutblondes in grey--Iwill keep that in mindas inspiration.)

Faust: How about a link from stylebubble (which I love) to this forum?

[/quote]

I can ask Susie, for sure. I will also go ahead with the flyers at Parsons and create a student work forum. Maybe some one can hit up mouko (don't know his email), and he could also help out, being in Parsons. Otherwise, we will let the site develop naturally. I am definitely not hung up on the number of members, as long as they are quality members.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Anima
            • Oct 2006

Faust,

I am new tothissiteand think that opening a student work forum would be very beneficial. I am currently at FITbut amin the process of applying to design schools overseas. I would like to communicate with other students here and abroad. This could be a great networking tool forpeople whohave similar interests. Sometimes I get a bit frustrated by the lack of substance here at FIT, and would like to meet students at other schools. Not that it is all bad, I have been blessedwith some very inspiring and talented prof's this semester. Keep up the good work with this forum!

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Anima"]

Faust,

I am new
              tothissiteand think that opening a student work forum
              would be very beneficial. I am currently at FITbut amin the
              process of applying to design schools overseas. I would like to
              communicate with other students here and abroad. This could be a great
              networking tool forpeople whohave similar interests.
              Sometimes I get a bit frustrated by the lack of substance here at FIT,
              and would like to meet students at other schools. Not that it is all
              bad, I have been blessedwith some very inspiring and talented
              prof's this semester. Keep up the good work with this forum!

[/quote]

Excellent.
              I think I will make this forum. I will put up those flyers at
              Parsons like I've been thinking. Not sure if it has more
              substance than FIT (I am thoroughly convinced juding by my personal
              observations that they don't even allow you into the building if you
              are not wearing skinny jeans), but a student discussion and a place to
              showcase their work would be cool.

BTW, how did you find out about SZ?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Anima
                • Oct 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Anima"]

Faust,

I am new
                tothissiteand think that opening a student work forum
                would be very beneficial. I am currently at FITbut amin the
                process of applying to design schools overseas. I would like to
                communicate with other students here and abroad. This could be a great
                networking tool forpeople whohave similar interests.
                Sometimes I get a bit frustrated by the lack of substance here at FIT,
                and would like to meet students at other schools. Not that it is all
                bad, I have been blessedwith some very inspiring and talented
                prof's this semester. Keep up the good work with this forum!

[/quote]

Excellent.
                I think I will make this forum. I will put up those flyers at
                Parsons like I've been thinking. Not sure if it has more
                substance than FIT (I am thoroughly convinced juding by my personal
                observations that they don't even allow you into the building if you
                are not wearing skinny jeans), but a student discussion and a place to
                showcase their work would be cool.

BTW, how did you find out about SZ?

[/quote]

Comment

• Anima
                  • Oct 2006

I feel like SVA, Parsons, and FIT have the same skinny jean policy!

I found the forum through your blog when I was doing some research online.Putting up flyers at Parsons is a good idea. I will also tell people at school who would be good contributors about this. FIT has a small menswear design program that is much better than the womenswear division. I think some of the guys would be really interested in this so I will spread the word

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

Cool! Great idea, Anima. I'm really looking forward to the student forum.
                    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎