X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Avantindietro

The photos came from Jun Hashimoto's blog (a very cool blog!)

he's the director/CEO of WJK which makes sense as to why he has access to these lovely sites.

http://walker.zozo.jp/walker/junhashimoto/

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

there's better pictures of those chairs around somewhere,, in an article w pictures of uncut boots

i may have located old linea and lmaltieri look books too ;)

Comment

• lll
        • Dec 2007

these are the ones i believe...

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

That leather/iron chair is really awesome. I wish we could get more photos of it so that the metal frame within/under the leather portion can be determined... love to make a version!

I posted the long article that the above photo is from a few pages back for those that are interested... really nice read.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

In the front, it looks like there's only the front "U" shape of steel that the leather connects to, and then attached to the back of the chair at head-level, creating what looks like a throne-like leather hammock. At least, that's what I got out of it.
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Coldrice is right... probably a big freakin sheet of horse leather.

With the right metal and components it's a relatively straightforward piece to make. I looked into welding equipment and a cutting/soldering acetylene torch is less than I expected it to be (downright cheap actually). I'll just have to source a full hide and figure out how to treat it to get it to look lovely and dark. Overall cost I'm guessing will be less than $1000... just a guess though hehehe

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

A few photos...

From an Italian home page:

A small gem. Maurizio Altieri, artist and craftsman goldsmith, will present a small range of topics pins, achievable as twins. Each subject evokes one of the Nine Doors and photos already see Bullfighting, games and art. Apart from objects and food, wine and topics, what counts is the atmosphere, which will be excited and solemn our Adunanze. In particular, we must say, those Bolognese, which between Generali and provincial one another eight years now and have never betrayed the expectations, if not surprising for excess. With Prefects Sante Hope and Alessandro Melotti, but also to all those - and there are many - who have worked on this challenging issue.

pretty neat little things.

And some photos from 2002:

Comment

• RADO
                  • Nov 2007

Altieri's inspiration for the bull most probably came from the image of Osborne company.

http://www.osborne.es/Check it out, some nice pictures of the company's logo.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

I used to own a pair. They look pretty nice laced up but lacing is a paaaaaiiiiinnn in the ass! The rear lacing has to be taken almost completely out before you can get your foot in so you spend a good deal of time pushing the end of the leather lace through the holes.

The fit is great and the leather treatment (sort of a crackly scuffed distressing) is lovely too. They show up on yahoo auctions on occasion

Comment

• mortalveneer
                      • Jan 2008

Fattoamano?

Sorry to resurrect this if no one has anything new, but has anyone out there run across pieces or more pictures from Fattoamano? I'm fascinated by that picture of the jacket coldrice posted and would love to know more about the project...
                      I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Re: Fattoamano?

Thats the only photo ive seen of the line as well.... what i do know is that its the experimental project post-linea

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

This lil bugger here:

this piece is absolutely absolutely amazing. Deerskin muscle group jacket. I'd pay more for this than a CCP leather. No question.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Fattoamano seems to have been very short lived as a line. Probably one of the last projects that Maurizio Amadei did under the Carpe Diem umbrella before parting ways to develop MA+.

AFAIK, Fattoamano wasn't carried in many places and was only made available (or picked up... or a combination of both) to some of the more dedicated stores that carried Linea etc. KH, Lift, and their ilk. Very very few locations.

I've talked to Runner in regards to Fattoamano and it seems like most of the production pieces went to (surprise surprise) Japan.

In the 4 years that I've know about Carpe Diem, I have NEVER seen a singleFattoamano piece for sale. Some dedicated individuals probably made good sure of that [73]

Along the same lines though, I've been slowly collecting various Linea and Sartoria items in my own closet. With 1-2 items in my size showing up in various places a month, it's a pretty reasonable venture and my god.... the construction and details are just plain amazing.

Comment

• JohnFG
                              • May 2007

You're dam right Albert!

The only very few pieces I've managed to get a look at during the last years at KH are owned by Kurt H. himself, who knows Maurizio for many many years :))

JF

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

What did they look like John? Love to at least hear some details about them! At that level of rarity, they may as well be custom made!

.... still kicking myself for not pursuing the Anatomica route a few years ago with Raijin.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎