Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

so these are Demeulemeester? Label me confused.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• NOHSAD
      • Nov 2014

Pictures of M_moriabc shoes from Cruvoir's Tumblr.

"Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• voltbird
        • Feb 2014

The striped laces are so charming. Really beautiful shoes, I'm especially captivated by the first pair.

Comment

• Coming
          • Sep 2013

Can anyone provide an explanation of the lacing system for the sneaker boots in the second photo?

Comment

• Scander
            • Jul 2013

When you pull the laces it works like a zip.

Comment

• rider
              eyes of the world
              • Jun 2009

women 2003-2004
              2005-2006

Comment

• bonejelly
                • Jul 2008

Never heard of this site before, but link below:

Comment

• drizzly
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2012

wish i could stop by this...

Comment

• zen dog
                    • Jan 2014

^wish I could afford to buy this

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Translation of the above - "PSEUDO-INTELLECTUAL MASTURBATION TO ELEVATE AN UNMEMORABLE SHOE LINE INTO SOMETHING IT'S NOT."

Please, give me a fucking break from this bullshit.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zen dog
                        • Jan 2014

Well sure, I can see if you don't think much of the product, the verbiage is annoying. When I read statements, clothing line names and garment and color names I'm willing to overlook the silliness or hyperbole if I like the item or forgive the designer if he/she has a good track record of "hits". If I don't like what is going on, it is just one more element in the whole annoying package.

Rather than the positive associations a color or clothing line name wants to infer, I'm trying to see past them to the actual item or trying to reassure myself that I'm not entering into the realm of edgy darkness because the $800 pants I'm purchasing has a name that came out of a thesaurus.

I'm sure some examples are asked for- I'll reach into the recent past for one. I have one piece of Sruli Recht's clothing and would have liked to buy more.
                        His accompanying poetic names a bit of a stretch, but ok. His poetry, fine, in the context of a clothing line and written by the designer. As poetry of itself, not very good and needing to be overlooked to get back to the product.

Comment

• yffet
                          • Aug 2009

I like the derbies with the sripped lace.

Rest is zero + ten (a) + (b) +(c) / 10
                          Well, Karl is a fan of Carol. Not sure about the other way around though...(Faust)

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zen dog View Post
                            Well sure, I can see if you don't think much of the product, the verbiage is annoying. When I read statements, clothing line names and garment and color names I'm willing to overlook the silliness or hyperbole if I like the item or forgive the designer if he/she has a good track record of "hits". If I don't like what is going on, it is just one more element in the whole annoying package.

Rather than the positive associations a color or clothing line name wants to infer, I'm trying to see past them to the actual item or trying to reassure myself that I'm not entering into the realm of edgy darkness because the $800 pants I'm purchasing has a name that came out of a thesaurus.

I'm sure some examples are asked for- I'll reach into the recent past for one. I have one piece of Sruli Recht's clothing and would have liked to buy more.
                            His accompanying poetic names a bit of a stretch, but ok. His poetry, fine, in the context of a clothing line and written by the designer. As poetry of itself, not very good and needing to be overlooked to get back to the product.
                            Look, I am all for product based on story-telling, but there is not enough here to tell a story. Not this kind of story. You don't see GUIDI waxing poetic about their shoes. When Altieri comes back with an aesthetic statement that equals Carpe Diem, then he can write all the sonnets in the world to accompany it. That's a story. A bunch of shoes isn't.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• drizzly
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2012

Idk why you guys are hung up on poetry/statements. I honestly don't care about those things, its not a selling point for me. But, what is a selling point is that Altieri is super passionate about his product and puts in a very high level of effort. His shoes are expensive no doubt but so far i've seen a few people who own the product and no one has complained. I understand part of it is Altieri hype but if he is not going the clothing route anymore then at least we get some cool shoes.

@Faust, re aesthetic statement that equals Carpe Diem. Why do we need Altieri for that? We have ma+, taichi, LUC, several others than carry on that aesthetic and work. Look at Alessio Zero drawing inspiration and working with the Altieri. The man gave enough for CD aesthetic that others took over so he moved on. I understand your interest lies there but i don't think MM should be ignored because its not CD. Not supposed to be CD.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by drizzly View Post
                                Idk why you guys are hung up on poetry/statements. I honestly don't care about those things, its not a selling point for me. But, what is a selling point is that Altieri is super passionate about his product and puts in a very high level of effort. His shoes are expensive no doubt but so far i've seen a few people who own the product and no one has complained. I understand part of it is Altieri hype but if he is not going the clothing route anymore then at least we get some cool shoes.

@Faust, re aesthetic statement that equals Carpe Diem. Why do we need Altieri for that? We have ma+, taichi, LUC, several others than carry on that aesthetic and work. Look at Alessio Zero drawing inspiration and working with the Altieri. The man gave enough for CD aesthetic that others took over so he moved on. I understand your interest lies there but i don't think MM should be ignored because its not CD. Not supposed to be CD.
                                What do you mean "hung up on"? Altieri offers the story for critical interpretation and that's what he's getting. It's only fair.

Altieri doesn't need to do anything. But if he wants to still be considered a serious designer, he's going to have to step up and make something instead of writing manifestos.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎