X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buratino
    • Feb 2007

Re: Fattoamano?

Just one part of it was planned to be there. And the whole project was created as a special line without any time & place limits.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Avantindietro

t-shirts from Avantindietro, the white shirt has a print of how the shirt is folded.its cutfrom just two pieces of fabricandismeant to be dyed by yourself, I'm not certain if the folding lines stay after washingor not.

same cut in black colour, fabric has a different texture on front and back.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Re: Avantindietro

Conceptually interesting.... but to me it seems like the Avantindietro equivalent of Dior Homme t-shirts.

Really cheap to produce, easy money makers.

I'm really surprised that the first shirt is something created by Altieri!

These could easily be created at home with an hour of simple drawing/measuring (we'll see if I have time tonight!)

Thanks for the photos Mike! The more photos we see of this scarce line the better :)

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

yea I agree, they're definately nothing extraordinary. the black one seems like a simplenicely cut basic t-shirt though, but I'm guessing it might be quite expensive considering how simple it is.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• buratino
            • Feb 2007

as far as i know, there are three different inks coming with a white shirt(orange, green(pistachio), black). so you put a shirt witha small bag of chosen ink in the water tonight & in the morning pick it up already colored

Comment

• DHC
              • Jul 2007

Really? DIY dye the shirts? I don't know what to think of that. I tell you this, the thoughts running through my head are not favorable.
              Originally posted by Faust
              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• buratino
                • Feb 2007

the story about 3 inks i've been told in moscow's store. theywere selling a pistachio shirt & i don't know for the moment if it's arrived already colored or they painted themselfs a white one. now it's sold out & the color was beautiful.

when i've been to Mau's place3 years ago i was much surprised to see a small pistachio piece hangingin hisblack-grey kingdom. there was smth small in orange also. i remember i've been thinkihg about a wind of change coming for CDiem that moment.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Conceptually cool!

I'm going to try creating a reversible 2 piece this evening... actually it'll be 4 pieces since I want to reverse the fabrics when you flip them haha

It's always interesting to hear about what's going on at Mr. Altieri's :)

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

saw one of these the other day. just a tshirt.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

I gave the 2 piece shirt a try last night. It comes out well and fits nice (although suffers from that slight movement restriction that comes from single-piece back construction). I made an evolution of it (I'll post in DIY soon) and even that didn't take too long.

Once you have the measurements and pattern down, you could crank out the 2 piece shirts!

Considering that they're likely in the several hundred per shirt, one would be better off buying a new sewing machine and fabric and making it themself.

I'm surprised to find myself saying that when it comes to Altieri, but the tees are "duds" in the sense that I know that Altieri can create (and has created) pieces much more awe inspiring. :)

**edit**

As a concept they are great. They fall right in line with Altieri's m.o., but as a product one would do better to purchase some other Altieri creations.

I think that's a better way about it :)

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

I just read pnod's WAYWT post and it make me think of samples and a recent conversation I had. So I had a chance to sit down with a personal friend of Sr. Altieri's recently (won't drop name), who has been there from Maurizio's beginnings and is also very intimately acquainted with Altieri's body of work. It was really an illuminating experience to say the least. We discussed the recent surge of Altieri's work "flooding" the market due to some kind of buyouts and the two edged sword that this sequence of events poses, in respect to its impact on a consumer level. Apparently, unfinished pieces have been finding their way into circulation. Anyone run into them and what are their thoughts? Do you think it could ultimately devalue his reputation and taint the perceptions of his work? I think most of us on the boards are more than familiar with the quality level of his work and where it should be. But what about those who are now stumbling upon him and these pieces become their points of reference. Any thoughts?

Sartorialoft

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

great question dhc. quality control...there were def. a handful if not many pieces that were clearly unfinished or bizarre addendums to classic pieces. i'm thinking in particular of a leather jacket that was half finished and missing the whole right side including pocket,and the neck line was just merely a suggestion by way of a chewed up piece of leather. totally unwearable, a DIY piece for albert to finish :) As well as a sartoria linea canvas black jacket w triangle hood that had an elastic piece inside under the armpit woven through the back up the neck where it was designed to support the hood. ultimately when you walked in it it looked like a bouncing penis that sometimes went fully erect like a throne behind your head. my friend bought it and is in the process of removing "the junk" to make it classic again.

but imho, i think its great to see all this work out. its like going into a masters studio. on some level its so sad, but on another its beautiful. i think people discovering these unfinished works, the "demos" these works from the "vaults" will have the same appreciation that people do when nirvana releases a box set. they know the best work and are thrilled to have something to appreciate again. and if they come from it from the reverse, the failure side of the triumph, they will want to discover the best work. the only danger is that if the flood continues to rise....

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

I think that the pieces leaking out like that dont do altieri any sort of disservice in the sense of possibly tainting the image of cdiem. If anything, its a lovely peek at experimentalization and literal brainstorming. The general consensus of cdiem, ccp and other brands is that some pieces produced are very wearable and others really are not. In the end I think the existence of both ( and side by side at places like c21) is sort of what makes these guys so special. Finished or not, just a quick handling of the items and you in no way can dispute the intricacies that went into them and the constructive creativity. I dont doubt that altieri would not have chosen to have unfinished pieces out there ( what artist does) but like pnidz says, it gives us a glimpse of what he's thinking. Without this leak, we would not have as hood of an idea of the scope and depth of his ideas. I for one have found it to be very interesting and inspiring. Pnid, I'm definitely making a gauntlet shirt in the very near future. That shit is straight up badass!!!

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

Pniddy and Chinorlz,

That is exactly how I felt and feel. It is nice to be able to see such pieces and work forward with the imagination "to fill the gaps" as it were. Its great to see the progression of an artist's works. Nothing at this point can effectively taint my perceptions of Altieri. The reason I ask is because I felt that this was a very egocentric view. Thus phrasing the final query:

But what about those who are now stumbling upon him and these pieces become their points of reference?

I am curious to know from those who are unfamiliar or treading new ground in these halls. I expect no less of a response from two veterans, such as yourselves.[66] I certainly empathize with your point of views and I am in total accord. Just wanted a fresh view from "new eyes", you know? So anyone?

Sartorialoft

Comment

• buratino
                                • Feb 2007

for me it's just taking a decisionon playinghis games or stepping aside & staying as a user(wich for me is closer). simply how deep you would like to be not only inyour appearence but in taking part in creating your clothes(as usual, with one side communication by the way)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎