X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnFG
    • May 2007

Re: Fattoamano?

I just remember a beautiful coat with "custom made letter stitching" on the back seem - Kurt showed me when I bought my Linea double-layer caschmere shirt end of last year. But for sure he has more in his back room somewhere...

You need to visit KH when you're in Europe/Germany next time I believe :)

JF

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

mmm, handstitch lettering. so awesome.

When I next return to Germany. KH will definitely be on my list. I do regret not going. We should have left a day early for Frankfurt on the way to Shanghai from the airport there!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
        • Jul 2007

[quote user="JohnFG"]You're dam right Albert!

The only very few pieces I've managed to get a look at during the last years at KH are owned by Kurt H. himself, who knows Maurizio for many many years :))

JF

[/quote]

I'd love to see Kurt's closet! You'll have to take me on a tour when I make my way out there John. Maybe Albert and I can plan a coinciding trip out there and we can all run around catching sites over flowing pints.

Originally posted by Faust
        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• JohnFG
          • May 2007

Cologne (Köln), Germany.

JF

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Some Sartoria nibblies for everyone:

The letters and words stitched in there just make me want to cry... so damn awesome.

although it can easily become cheesy as well:

Yes... unfortunately "Sartoria 2004" just doesn't come across as rough and mysterious as random letters and numbers [86]

The bag itself is amazing though. They had 2 of these in a rougher leather (with the crosshatching digital stitchwork as seen also on the Sartoria jacket photos around here) in large and small at IF for the longest time... my girlfriend talked me out of the large one but I still wish I got it to this day hahaha. Ah well, money saved.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I've been looking at pics of that bag for ages, it looks awesome atleast in the pics. how does it look worn in your opinion? the other end of the strap seems to go inside the bag, is it fixed or adjustable?

the text is kind of cheesy yea, but then again the fact thats its very hard to notice or realize that its text makes it a bit cooler imo [73]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

So the strap is adjustable... but not in the way that you'd really think hehehe.

The whole bag (including the strap) is made from 1 or at most two pieces of leather. The long strip portion circles around and plugs back into the body of the bag through a slit in the seam and the end of the strip is knotted on the inside of the bag so that it stays put and can't be pulled back out. So in theory, by moving the knot either up or down the strap inside you can adjust the strap for carrying.

To be honest, I'm not 100% certain on how it sits on the body. I think your body fits sort of in that curving groove in between the straps. I should have put it on at IF, but I mostly just fiddled with the thing hahahaha.

The closure is a bit obnoxious though. It uses loose string on one side and the mummified leather buttons on the other and to close it you do the whole manila envelope thing where you just wrap the string around the button a few times. The construction is definitely elegant... it comes together amazingly.

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

Just took a few for a friend.[66] Here are a couple of them.

EDIT: A tad big on me.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• buratino
                    • Feb 2007

Sorry, I have both of them the coat & a bag. As far as they were coming like presents even didn't expect the coat cost so much :)

And when Mr. Altieri asked me why do I like the bag, I'vetold him because of material& the form, he explainded me that the idea ofit is an

embryo(so carrying this bag is like carryingyour embryo).

By the way, I saw a bag on e-bay not so long time ago(as I remember nobody picked up it).

Comment

• buratino
                      • Feb 2007

The auction took part in summer. Afternobody picked it up it was re-posted & than escaiped. If I'm not mistaken the starting price was arround 800$. I've been thinking to get it. The thing is that the foto was like a "piece of smth" laying on a surfacewith a description as a bag & if you don't know really the piece you will never guess what it is.

Comment

• buratino
                        • Feb 2007

yes, infact, now I remember. so it's possible to contact them on that point...

by the way, in masters place i saw a smaller version i guess in heavy cotton in black

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Buratino, where did you meet Mr. Altieri? Can you tell us more about it?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Yeah, I remember it now... it was a medium sized one I think. The presentation of it was awful (the strap wasn't even inserted into the bag!). They were selling it as a BIN with best offer and I think someone scored it for around $550-700 at best offer....

Lovely creation!

Comment

• buratino
                              • Feb 2007

sometime ago i've been to his place. he invited me for a project"evoluzione"

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

Wasn't "evoluzione" the project in L.A. that fell through?

Sartorialoft

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎