• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laika
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carpe Diem, Lmaltieri, Linea, etc.

[quote user="Faust"]

Just ship it to laika, she'll return it for you. Laika, I wish I knew - you could've had the brown one, it was a truly gorgeous weave. [:(]. Ann does these things from time to time (too bad LVR charges 50 EUR for shipping - insanity).

[/quote]

Faust has the best ideas, doesn't he? [:P]

Albert, seriously, you must at least post a pic in waywt. I am really curious to see how you are wearing it now; and perhaps I can enjoy it vicariously. It will no doubt be spectacular over the jumpsuit, which I personally think you should just wear as a jumpsuit, lol.

Faust, I am really such an idiot--I should have gone down there sooner. There was a similar thing from Ann on Ebay a little while ago, but I didn't bid because the seller was not communicative. And I keep looking at LVR, but the shipping is ridiculous, as you say.

GROWL I guess I will just have to keep looking....

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Hey there Laika, I posted the neckwarmer/mystery shawl thing in waywt so you can see it's not as voluminous as that one you posted haha.

A photo of this Linea wrap being worn:

Very cool!

I wish I could find some Fattoamano stuff just to see what it looks like if anything.

Any Parisians on here actually been to Altieri's studio/showroom? When I go to Paris this spring it's a must go for me. It'd be sweet to get something custom made there no?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

well sartoria is supposedly on hiatus, so i don't know if you can get stuff custom made anymore.... but maybe he can be persuaded with a lot of money (i think custom shirts started at $600-800 anyway... sooooo you're talking about A LOT of money haha.)

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

I'd be down to thrown down for a shirt. It'd be an experience to meet the man himself and have something MtM by him in the showroom!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

BTW, I always thought Linea was unisex??? [:^)]

[/quote]

Here is the basic rundown of Linea modular system;

Weight: light/medium/heavy (leggero/medio/pesante)
            Color: light/medium/dark (chiaro/medio/scuro)

Bottom - footwear (inferiore)
            Middle - pants ( intermedio)
            Top - shirts/jackets/blazers (superiore)
            Combo - jumpsuits (unito)
            Complete - dresses (intero)

Sizing: 1-2-3 womens
            4-5-6 womens/men
            7-8-9 mens

All fabrics are naturally dyed.

Fabrics include: burnt wool and cashmere, washed and/or salt treated leather, bleached cowhide, fabrics buried in soil to let natural agents interact, salt treated and metallic dust pulverized popline, jersey, cotton, linen.

Ideally, each garment comes with its own case, which also doubles as a garment.

Reading the label:

The missing number is the size of the garment (5 in this picture)

Other markings include: color, weight, series, type of seamwork, and type of fabric treatment.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

A long entry full of Linea eye candy:

Interesting... but not worth what is probably the ridiculous price tag.

I get a gut reaction of "fuckireallywantthese" when I see this photo ^

I want some pants like these... he's rocking a RO leather jacket (probably the same as me and Jun's) and they work so well!

Laika's beautiful jacket

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Three G's... yikes. If it went on sale then maybe we'd be talkin hahaha.

I can get you unworn beanie photos this evening. Unfortunately AB only had this one and it was around $215 (30% off). They currently have all of their carpe at 30% off including shoes but they don't have any of the classic laceup boots. A number of beautiful blazers, pants and dark gray leather shirts at around $1750.

-A

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Sorry, forgot about the photo last night. Went out to dinner with my gf and another couple and I think I left the hat in the car haha

I'm actually going to be selling a pair of Carpe heavy linen jeans cut pants probably later on tonight on here. Size 4, $600.

I'm with you in regards to the boots. The CCPs I have are definitely my favorite shoe, but if/when I get the Linea's I think they'll be right up there as well!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Found a photo on Pollyanna for you:

The hatis literally a knit square (pollyanna upturned the bottom... makes it look retarded). The fabric on one side was gradually knit tighter and tighter so that the botton edge on one side rolls inwards and on the other rolls outwards.

The material is "100% wool, 100% cashmere" so who the hell knows what that really means. The hats are object dyed though in a slightly irregular format. Mine wasgray yarn dyed black because when you stretch the hat gently, you can see the deeper fibers that didn't come in contact with the dye. Really beautiful and lends to a very natural effect.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I like this image

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

the back zipper boots I wanted :-(

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
                          • Nov 2006

^
                          I love the shape of those boots, but I wish they made a smooth leather version, of course it won't happen seeing it's cdiem....

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

there are smooth leather versions.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

haha, the jacket will be cut from the jumpsuit!

I put the jumpsuit on yesterday when I got home (at C21 I just slipped the top portion on. Putting the whole thing on there would have been pretty hilarious) and it is HUGE.

I have no idea why they'd ever make something so hideous!

Interestingly there is a drawstring that runs through the left and right vertically on the jumpsuit. I'm going to leave that aspect intact for the jacket portion which will leave two thin hanging strings on either side of the jacket running up to the armpit. I'm removing the string through the legs. Not a big deal since the threads were threaded through with a needle and thus no holes will be left behind (the fabric is so busy anyways that even small holes wouldn't be seen).

I am so excited to start this project that I almost didn't go to sleep yesterday in favor of doing the jacket... but I opted on getting sleep otherwise I'd be completely wiped out at work today hahaha

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Alrighty! I now have a Linea jacket!

The jumpsuit... hahaha

Top....

Bottom....

Jacket... worn with CCP twist jeans.

I need to put in a new zipper on this jacket. Since it was a jumpsuit, the zip does not disengage allowing the jacket to open fully. I'm going to have to install a new zipper and ideally make it double zip.

It's hard to tell in this photo but the jumpsuit actually has signature Linea string (same as used in the Linea shoes) woven through both sides of the top. When purchased, this thread was only still present on the right side. I undid it, cut it in half and ran it on both sides so that about 1.5 feet of loose thread hang down on both sides. It generates this gentle ruching that changes with each movement of the jacket. The thread is heavy enough to keep the weave closed but light enough that when i move my arm the theading loosens temporarily allowing movement while preserving a sharp silhouette.

I left the cut edge raw as the fabric won't completely unthread and I want to retain that Linea rawness. The jacket is perfectly my size hehe.

The pants are going to be a much more daunting task. The legs are very wide, and so is the waist so I need to really think about how I"m going to approach building the correct silhouette and the closure. There is definitely enough free fabric (the legs must have an inseam of 40" at least) to work with, but there is little room for error. Although gettinga Linea jacket out of this makes the $275 investment more than worth it (the construction! my god... the construction...), I'd love to get some beautiful and versatile pants out of this as well!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎