• doldrums
    • Dec 2008

a bit of this guy mixed in

Comment

• thedreambelow
      Banned
      • Sep 2011

...?
      Last edited by thedreambelow; 10-16-2012, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ilie
          • May 2008

Why one of the most powerful artist of the times is making shoes is beyond me.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Why one engages in hyperbole is beyond me.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ilie
              • May 2008

My point exactly.

Comment

• Icarium
                • Oct 2010

There is something both zen and surreal about the above exchange. Like two masters dueling each other in their minds and not making a move.

Is there a winner? Is there a loser? Or are those binary classifications too limited to express what transpired here...

Comment

• crouka
                  • Jul 2007

maybe that stockist had been too busy and had seen too many things to remember a chronology.

PH is a shoemaker. though he had sold bags and print t's before he started the clothing line, adopting some directional opinions of someone else.

it's true that altieri wanted to try on a PH jacket a retail emperor happened to be wearing, and went home in it. but that was years after the advent of CD washed leather shirt.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by crouka View Post
                    maybe that stockist had been too busy and had seen too many things to remember a chronology.

PH is a shoemaker. though he had sold bags and print t's before he started the clothing line, adopting some directional opinions of Elena Dawson.

it's true that altieri wanted to try on a PH jacket a retail emperor happened to be wearing, and went home in it. but that was years after the advent of CD washed leather shirt.
                    Fixed

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

^^^ nice

Comment

• crouka
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Fixed
                        could be right in a way, but I wouldn't say it that way as long as she was working under the name of PH.
                        I meant his business partner (and yet working independently of PH) he had known before he got to know her.

to be fair, in the early 00's, he made it public that she was in charge of the clothing line.

anyway it was great footwear and a bit of bags and t's that he was making when altieri was calling the leather shirts maximum expression of carpe diem.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Oh, I wasn't trying to belittle Mr. Harnden's achievements. The man has created a singular world and that's good enough for me.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• arby2001
                            • Jan 2011

Wouldn't you say memoria feels more like old-world gentleman's shoes more than anything else? I've only handled a few pieces but the leather was very good, not distressed. The construction was incredible (I don't know what welt he used exactly, norwegian or norvegese or whatever, but I know it when I see it). As for the shape, it was definitely a bit strange at first sight, less "modern" and streamlined in a sense.

To me it seems the man is trying to bridge the gap between traditional italian shoemaking and carpe diem.
                            too skinny for rick

Comment

• crouka
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Oh, I wasn't trying to belittle Mr. Harnden's achievements. The man has created a singular world and that's good enough for me.
                              my post was just a supplement to what I had written previously, since it was "fixed".

arby it seemed to me altieri is a wanderer who is trying to see traditions through concerns of our time and describe the future with the traditional eyes.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by arby2001 View Post
                                Wouldn't you say memoria feels more like old-world gentleman's shoes more than anything else? I've only handled a few pieces but the leather was very good, not distressed. The construction was incredible (I don't know what welt he used exactly, norwegian or norvegese or whatever, but I know it when I see it). As for the shape, it was definitely a bit strange at first sight, less "modern" and streamlined in a sense.

To me it seems the man is trying to bridge the gap between traditional italian shoemaking and carpe diem.
                                I would say more traditional in terms of shape, welt and the leather/finish (no distressing). But then there are small things that make them unusual, like using stamped areas of the leather, the rough laces that form a circle (there are no ends), and the soles which are made of very thick and grainy leather (elephant etc?)

I'm not sure what the influence with concept was, but I think the end result is quite beautiful despite being quite different than what we are used to seeing with the recent works. Then again, the Avantindietro projects were the ones that took a step towards something more out of the ordinary; Carpe Diem footwear was often if not always based on more classic shapes
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎