X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

smoking ganja is a lifelong project unrelated to fashion. or is it?!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mortalveneer
      • Jan 2008

masugnen has a couple pair of avanti pants...maybe he should start a thread and see if he can't tease a few other forum members to post pics of what they have...

...although I'm not sure that would quite fit in designers and their work...but given the dearth of photos out there of his stuff, it just might...
      I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Enaml
        • Apr 2009

Yes I agree with merz here, though I am quite interested in what projects he's worked on. I think that is less turning him into a celebrity and more of general interest. Understanding the details of what he's done helps put the continues line in perspective. The more I have learned about it, the more impressed I am, and the more I love what he has done, though my personal contact with it is minimal compared to many here. That isn't justification for being curious about his personal exploits, but I feel it explains the interest many here have for what he has done.
        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Oh weh mir
          • Oct 2008

^Fucking A.
          Originally posted by AVALANCHE
          is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Fucking AAA.

Who gives a shit? What if you find out he's an asshole? Straight to the issue of authorship thread, haha!!! SZ synergy.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• C'est Fini
              • Sep 2009

I dont mean to make him a celebrity or to bastardise him on this forum.
              just making myself clear. I am a great fan/believer in his work and conceptual ability(that seems to surpass most designers of today)

Faust, what i meant by bigger(Crazier) shit is generally new concepts that are yet to blow our minds. He is currently working on a new project that most people already know of - the black sheep wool knits. god knows what theyre gonna look like. He was said to have started a suiting project but i think he wasnt satisfied so it was abruptly discontinued.

While Avantindietro might not have lived up to the continues line in terms of its robustness, the concept and the aesthetic result were really something new. it seems to be a beautiful blend of techniques past with ideas of the future. the needle lace was just pure genius(however impractical) - but for those who know his work, you can relate to his like of piercing an object that goes back to linea/sartoria. The hook/eye and the t-pin closures. the needle is just the next step, but it was/is so refreshing.

- and what I love about altieri is the lengths he goes to present his product/concept in the best way possible. the packaging for avantindietro is really something to be seen. The type of cardboard used for the boxes and the metal contraptions. He even sends his shipments in black boxes(so i have heard).

Comment

• Enaml
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by C'est Fini View Post
                He is currently working on a new project that most people already know of - the black sheep wool knits.
                Could you possibly go into more detail? I'm not familiar with this (as usual ).
                How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• C'est Fini
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                  Could you possibly go into more detail? I'm not familiar with this (as usual ).
                  well all i know is this involves working together with a merino sheep farm somewhere (new zealand?) and using untreated wool only from black sheep - which results in a non uniform colour. Now we all know black merino are a rarity. I guess he is obtaining his raw material directly from the source and sending the wool straight to luca(most probably) to be converted into knitwear.

This is all that i am aware of.

Comment

• snafu
                    • Apr 2008

I thought it was suits not knit wear, why would it be done with luca? I was under the impression that the diem group are just doing their own thing, it all sorta became too much for everone towards the end of carpe. So Altieri would be doing it with someone else now...?

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

i'd venture to guess its not being done with luca. there's nothing in it for luca, really. he's fully invested in LUC (which imo is the best of the continues group offshoots i'm finally willing to say out loud).

it is good to confirm that he IS in fact working on something clothing related, and that someone somewhere knows what it is haha....
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• C'est Fini
                        • Sep 2009

Luca Laurini is also known as Luca Ragni(correct my spelling pls)
                        His dad owns one of the best knitting factories in italy.
                        They produce knits for some of the top names in the biz.

LUC is something luca experiments with. This is what im told.

I know luca and altieri are pals- so it is quite possible that he will produce it in lucas factory. then again who knows.

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                          I thought it was suits not knit wear
                          Were suits made regularly within Carpe diem? I have a Lmaltieri suit in brushed silk.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

was anything made regularly?

I have to say that I've never seen a suit though, nor anything that would resemble a classic cut blazer. closest thing would be some of the jackets with a low or inward collar.

do you have a pic of yours?
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                              • Feb 2009

Unfortunately I have problems with my camera.

Suit is perhaps much said. But it fits together, obviously so meant to. It is the classically cut Lmaltieri jacket with inward collar, two side pockets, hidden buttoning and hidden cuff buttoning. The pants are minimal in design, identical in fabric. In this uniform, I'm a knight in silk, shining in the dark.

Comment

• jcotteri
                                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by C'est Fini View Post
                                well all i know is this involves working together with a merino sheep farm somewhere (new zealand?) and using untreated wool only from black sheep - which results in a non uniform colour. Now we all know black merino are a rarity. I guess he is obtaining his raw material directly from the source and sending the wool straight to luca(most probably) to be converted into knitwear.

This is all that i am aware of.
                                Actually Australia and it is with the help of Stephen..EM (so I have heard)

MASUGNEN: I would really love to see that suit (in motion) sometime, anytime.
                                WTB: This

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎