X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHC
    • Jul 2007

Re: Avantindietro

Haha. For $800 I'd be on it like white on rice. Augusta's prices are neck and neck with CCP. So unless there is a huge price reduction on his upcoming spring collection, I'll stick with the Poell.
    Originally posted by Faust
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

they're actually more expensive. augusta boots are over $2k i think, and ccp boots are cheaper than that.
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• eaglewood
        • Feb 2007

Re: Augusta lace-ups

I think that Augusta boots are great. The original low boot laceups were almost the archetype of a boot straight from a Van Gogh painting. This season the tall laceups are like a civil war boot. Next season it is different again. The closure on the wrap arounds is so simple and elegant. And the leather treatment is remarkable enough to set them apart in itself.

Comment

• loveless
          • Feb 2007

if he can one up carol with the fit, than i will be impressed.. otherwise it is so obviously a rip off im suprised they are doing this at all. MA boots can also be more than carol as well. if these can look and fit different on than i think everyone will be a l ittle bit more understanding. otherwise, just from images, it just looks like a rearrangement of duplicated ideas.

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

[quote user="loveless"]if he can one up carol with the fit, than i will be impressed.. otherwise it is so obviously a rip off im suprised they are doing this at all. MA boots can also be more than carol as well. if these can look and fit different on than i think everyone will be a l ittle bit more understanding. otherwise, just from images, it just looks like a rearrangement of duplicated ideas.
            [/quote]

Man, I don't see that at all. Amadei's footwear is a far departure from CCP's, in my estimation. Could you provide pics of the articles in question? I'd love to be proven wrong here, but I'll need to see it to believe it, than see it twice. That's what I love about Amadei. Hit or miss, he's doing his thing. Maybe he is trying too hard to hit another benchmark, but he is trying and putting himself out there. Mad props to the man for that.
            Last edited by DHC; 07-23-2010, 03:28 PM.
            Originally posted by Faust
            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• justine
              • Jan 2007

I think loveless was talking about price points. MA+ boots were 2k at A, higher than Carol's.

Having said that, the boots design and style is nothing like CPP's , and the construction as amazing.

Comment

• Avantster
                ¤¤¤
                • Sep 2006

Re: WJK x CDiem

2000 RACEUP. Why, oh why, don't they stock a Sz.40.
                let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• loveless
                  • Feb 2007

yea, i was talking about price points, and i was actually referring to the specific boot

as compared to

the other MA+ boots i have less issue with.

eitherway, theres no question the construction will be 2nd to none. and i still think that theres a chance that when on, they could possibly stand apart as well...(as carol's fits aren't always the greatest depending on your foot size).

Comment

• kompressorkev
                    • Dec 2006

so far...

more coming once ARD updates..supposedly there's customs delays.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

A few more photos of Avantindietro. One shop in Japan received their order... but no closeups unfortunately.

From what I can see though, it looks really nice and classic. Beats the hell out of what we've seen of the line and what we've seen of intervallo:

The lines on the footwear look nice and the display/presentation is really elegant. Very promising!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Tiger
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2006

Maurizio Altieri

what is our hero doing these days...

Comment

• buratino
                          • Feb 2007

Re: Maurizio Altieri

99% thatthe placeis St-Petersbourg in Russia.

Comment

• buratino
                            • Feb 2007

P.S. But the pics are 99,9% from 2000 made during his trip to Russia. You can also see that he is wearing the same stuff like on the foto wich have been posted here on the first page than cancelled(which can be still seen on some sources).

Believe me, it's better not to copy & push those fotos through the net. Mancomes very-very upset when he mets his fotos anywhere(i think, you know thatnot lessthan i do)

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="buratino"]

P.S. But the pics are 99,9% from 2000 made during his trip to Russia. You can also see that he is wearing the same stuff like on the foto wich have been posted here on the first page than cancelled(which can be still seen on some sources).

Believe me, it's better not to copy & push those fotos through the net. Mancomes very-very upset when he mets his fotos anywhere(i think, you know thatnot lessthan i do)

[/quote]

Cool, we can blackmail him.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mesh
                                • Dec 2006

I'm getting these.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢