Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Work of A.F. Vandevorst

Default The Work of A.F. Vandevorst

For rider. These are mega-rare scans from the Belgian Fashion Design book. Please feel free to contribute other material.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Perhaps their most emblematic image \/

The logo, akin to the red crosses on nurses' uniforms

One of their most famous collections, with models laying on military hospital beds.

Last edited by Faust; 10-29-2009 at 09:38 PM.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Oh my, thanks for taking the time to capture this. Quite amazing how putting work in the context it was intended for stirs the soul...abruptly.

I'm gob struck by this image...which i'm sure was your intention

more fun with hospitals.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

^that's A/W 98-99, btw.

more later, brilliant idea, Faust.

Spring 2000

please pardon the gushing, but you are so awesome.

are those from "Skin Tight: The Sensibility Of The Flesh"?

i did find these.

her.

and this dress i think is pretty.

Last edited by rider; 10-30-2009 at 10:24 AM.

I'd love to know more about this nurse/hospital theme - some sort of commentary of femininity, sex/death perhaps?
    Last edited by genevieveryoko; 02-05-2011 at 02:10 AM.

oh that sart photo....
    he didn't even know who she was, can you believe it?
    the coat is really good though.

glad you like the pics, rider.
    the hospital ones are totally erotic to me....

edit: genevieve, will get back to you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by laika View Post
    oh that sart photo....
    he didn't even know who she was, can you believe it?
    the coat is really good though.

glad you like the pics, rider.
    the hospital ones are totally erotic to me....

edit: genevieve, will get back to you on that.
    yes, i can.

yes, rider, i knew you'd like that :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

A/W 2000-01

this one is especially for rider.
    This collection of A.F. Vandevorst is a work around horses.
    Their femininity and grace as well as the force and purity of this animal are translated in the silhouette. The robust element reveals in structured forms and masculine garments as overcoats, men shirts, corduroy pants, long johns and solid boots. This aspect is emphasized by the use of raw and firm fabrics: felt, leather, tweed, corduroy and heavy cotton, in woollen check-patterns and in knitwear. The elegant counterpart is represented in fluid lines of bias cutted dresses and skirts, mostly knee-length or , and refined fabrics as silk chiffon, viscose and flowing wool. The grace of the manes, raw or braided, is reworked in the back of shirts and dresses and fully expressed in the hairstyle of the models. These two opposite senses lead their own way through the collection but find themselves reunited in one garment. Crucial for this winter collection are the elements of a saddle; its form as well as the artisan method of assembling and riveting. All of this is manufactured in tones of brown and natural with vivid colours such as violet, grass, red and white.