Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Carpe Diem, Lmaltieri, Linea, etc.

Default Re: Fattoamano?

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]

stupid question...what is the proper way to lace carpe diems using the laces with the circle tip?

[/quote]

Use method 1:

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/shoeshoplacing.htm

[quote user="Who?"][quote user="KeijiHaino"]

stupid question...what is the proper way to lace carpe diems using the laces with the circle tip?

[/quote]

Use method 1:

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/shoeshoplacing.htm

[/quote]

Leave it to a SZ member tofindout howto lace up correctly! Thanks Who? for sharing this website. I didn't realize that there are so many ways to lace shoes! [:O]

"Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
    -Bruce Lee

there is a funny story on that circle:

when i've been toPerugia i was told there that nothing happens in their production occasionally & all the details of the products have their reason. then, after two days, i asked about the reason of this circle on the laces &they answered me that it's made just "for nothing"![86]

they had been right.nothing happen without a reason:the circle comes out from the entire piece of leather the lace is made from....it is the central part of the leather itself...ahahahahahah[86]

/\ Circle on end of lace. Only on one end of lace as the lace is spiral cut from a disc of leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Default AV in the US

Are there any US retailers carrying AV (my last visit to Maxfields put me off to store, so I did not go back to check out their selection when I was in LA a few months ago).

...I know that the Carpe off shots are showing up everywhere...and other Japanese designers are making inroads: julius and wjk are now in seattle, Chausser is at Oak or Odin, mastermind japan is at Jeffrey, etc.

xadam

Quote Originally Posted by reborn View Post
    Are there any US retailers carrying AV (my last visit to Maxfields put me off to store, so I did not go back to check out their selection when I was in LA a few months ago).

...I know that the Carpe off shots are showing up everywhere...and other Japanese designers are making inroads: julius and wjk are now in seattle, Chausser is at Oak or Odin, mastermind japan is at Jeffrey, etc.
    bilzerian carries the boots, not the clothes.

give maxfield's another try, maybe you can score a date with an olsen.

talked to a guy today about altieri seems as though he has a new footwear line called memories that takes on classic cdiem shoe styles to which he adds new subtle details to them such as hiding the external stitching portions done on the inside. He also mentioned that the new altieri clothing line will be insane. All entirely new cuts and extensively made by hand. Sounds like the master is hard at work. An he's also from Rome.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Some interesting SARTORIA ONE-PIECE images courtesy of runner at tfs...

Jesus... the details on that piece... I mean honestly. Can it be beat? I'm a total sucker for nontraditional stitchwork/seamwork.

because SZ fucking sucks.

lately i've been wearing lots of carpe diem since its become fall and the economy's become depressing.

i carpe diem
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

LOL. It's basically a long leather coat with raw bottom IIRC. Sort of like the one DHC has.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

is there, would you say, a consensus CD leather jacket that destroys all others?
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

hmmm, i was never big on cdiem leather jackets, having seen them at IF once (i think). i always thought the leather shirts were what cdiem did the best.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

CDiem heavy horse leather jacket killed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Last edited by pipcleo; 09-01-2010 at 02:00 AM.

Damn, they dont have the high boot version...funny thing is, from 3 pairs of these i sold at KH, everyone made funny sounds after some minutes...like a door which needs to get oiled...dont know if this is a generall issue with these or if just these three pairs were strange...
    But lovely boots nevertheless.
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

xadam

Quote Originally Posted by DHC View Post
    thanks pip..the cut on the jacket is fuller than I remember.

Avantindietro now up at Lazzari
    i just don't understand the soles on these things. they seem so weak, so insubstantial, like an afterthought, although i'm inclined to believe that all of altieri's design decisions are premeditated, so i just don't get it.

Last edited by pipcleo; 09-01-2010 at 02:00 AM.

I still really really love the curving zip version of the boot... I'm angry at myself for not going for the pair that was on yahoo not too long ago, ended at around $1500-ish.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "