Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petricor
    • Mar 2015

I agree with the comparison made with john lobb. I had a chance to see the shoes at degli effetti in rome recently (prices, if i remember correctly, were way beyond 2k euros). my first impression is that they looked almost too perfect - almost too immaculate for the artisanal brands...

thanks for the very enlightening write-up!

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

The C last is basically the Avantindientro last, no? Looks pretty much the same. The A last boots are really beautiful. I also like the idea of clean shoes these days - not spiffy, just clean. Maybe ironically, I am beginning to find the pre-distressed stuff a bit pretentious.

Still, A, I'm not nearly as enamored. Only shoes? Three lasts, two of them already been done pretty much, irrelevant details like the laces. Big deal. Give me something I can chew on. I think we might be in danger of not seeing the forest for the trees. I am more interested in aesthetic ideas in design. I cannot get that from men's shoes, which might be the most limited thing to begin with. This is not even near the glory days of CDiem.

And not with these stupid prices. Anyone willing to pay $3.5-4k for a pair of shoes should begin considering moral implications of his spending habits. We've already passed most reasonable limitations, but this is a whole new level of WTF.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

^ thats a fair concern. I think I'm just happy to see ANYTHING beyond a hint of some new work from Altieri. You're right, his focus has been footwear for quite some time now with AV_Field being a big part of Avantindietro and of course the standard AV footwear evolving into M_moria.

The pricing is stratospheric for sure. I've pretty much separated myself from the pricing at least in some of these situations because it's almost irrelevant due to at least my personal ability (or desire) to spend that kind of money on a garment. A little bit liberating since I can then just focus on the designs, materials and execution without even thinking about "how do I get this in my closet?"

Would love to see what he's been working on in terms of clothing, both from a design standpoint and a materials research one. With his close connections to JanJan and involvement w/some Chinese based designers, we're seeing a bit of his aesthetic and influence there, but I'm still interested in the undiluted vision and execution :)
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Lohikaarme
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
          ^ thats a fair concern. I think I'm just happy to see ANYTHING beyond a hint of some new work from Altieri. You're right, his focus has been footwear for quite some time now with AV_Field being a big part of Avantindietro and of course the standard AV footwear evolving into M_moria.

The pricing is stratospheric for sure. I've pretty much separated myself from the pricing at least in some of these situations because it's almost irrelevant due to at least my personal ability (or desire) to spend that kind of money on a garment. A little bit liberating since I can then just focus on the designs, materials and execution without even thinking about "how do I get this in my closet?"

Would love to see what he's been working on in terms of clothing, both from a design standpoint and a materials research one. With his close connections to JanJan and involvement w/some Chinese based designers, we're seeing a bit of his aesthetic and influence there, but I'm still interested in the undiluted vision and execution :)
          Mind noting said Chinese designers? China seems quite underrepresented in the fashion world (I largely blame the whole 'Made in China' stigma).

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

I tried digging some stuff up, but can't find any discussion about the topic now.
            Last edited by Chinorlz; 04-28-2015, 12:03 PM.
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• dji
              • Feb 2008

some high quality m_moriabc images on Le Paradox.

Comment

• Macabre
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by dji View Post
                some high quality m_moriabc images on Le Paradox.
                Goddamn stunning.. I'm really in love with the ankle high boots (that look to be one piece? Correct me if I'm wrong)
                Now, as for the matter of being able to afford it? Sigh.. one can dream right?
                "The heart sings while the wallet weeps. I'd say that's a pretty fair trade." -interest1

Comment

• dalmatas
                  • Sep 2008

master in murom ru 2001
                  Originally posted by cjbreed
                  CCP is heroin. no, wait CCP is crack because it takes all your money in about 10 minutes...

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                    • Feb 2009

What about the guy to the right?

Comment

• oleglupin
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by MASUGNEN View Post
                      What about the guy to the right?
                      The guy on the right is Rodion Mamontov, the owner of Moscow based LEFORM concept store. He was the first one to bring the Belgian & Japanese designers to Russia in the mid 90s. LEFORM were the first one to start selling Carpe Diem & LMaltieri in Eastern Europe in 1999 if I'm not mistaken. Maurizio had been a guest of Rodion around 2000-01 & they'd travelled around Russia's Golden Ring for a few weeks back then.
                      Last edited by oleglupin; 11-23-2015, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Hollywood
                        • Oct 2015

first post..

carpe deumeulemeester --- embarassing.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Link does not work, so I cannot feel the embarrassment.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mortalveneer
                            • Jan 2008

Doesn't misspelling a canonical designer's name also achieve first-post-embarrassment status?
                            I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Maybe the purpose was to embarrass himself?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• timm3h
                                • Mar 2011

For what it's worth, this is the image that was intended to be linked...

Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎