X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carpe Diem, Lmaltieri, Linea, etc.

Linea was an experimental project headed by Maurizio Altieri and Maurizio Amadei.

I get the feeling that it was primarily Amadei's brainchild based on Linea pieces when compared to MA+ pieces that you see now. The signature single-fabric curving seams down the arms along with the extended arms are very much a carry over from Linea to MA+

The leather jackets/shirts are cut almost exactly identical as well.

I'm not completely certain as to Lanzi's role at CDiem, but she definitely does some beautiful stuff.

There is a photo of Maurizio Amadei in the MA+ thread. For the most part, the people that work/worked at CDiem are scarce in photos!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

[quote user="kompressorkev"]

he looks a lot older, or at least just different, than i expected!
      [/quote]

That seems to be the general consensus. His designs reflect the kind of insight that comes with much experience, so when I saw his picture it all made sense to me. He's a straight up wicked bad mofo.

Originally posted by Faust
      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• sharpservicejapan
        • Sep 2007

Chinorlz-san say - I get the feeling that it was primarily Amadei's brainchild based on Linea pieces when compared to MA+ pieces that you see now. The signature single-fabric curving seams down the arms along with the extended arms are very much a carry over from Linea to MA+

Yes i have spoken with stockist where i live in Japan called Minority Rev and they say exactly the same to me you and if you looking to comparing you can always seeing this now in the MA+ lines
        Hide

Comment

• jevna
          • Aug 2007

Hi guys!
          I'm almost new here.
          I found a carpe diem washed leather shirt from 2005 discounted with 50% downmark here in a store in italy. This is the first time I buy something by cd... The problem is that I can't decide if taking it in size 2 or 3. Size 3 looks ok on me, size 2 is skinny. I quite like it skinny on me (i still can close it, if someone helps me, haha) and I have the impression that the leather is going to stretch and adact to my body. Anyway how is this leather meant to be worn? Tight or relaxed? The discounted price is 720 euros (was 1440).

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="jevna"]Hi guys!
            I'm almost new here.
            I found a carpe diem washed leather shirt from 2005 discounted with 50% downmark here in a store in italy. This is the first time I buy something by cd... The problem is that I can't decide if taking it in size 2 or 3. Size 3 looks ok on me, size 2 is skinny. I quite like it skinny on me (i still can close it, if someone helps me, haha) and I have the impression that the leather is going to stretch and adact to my body. Anyway how is this leather meant to be worn? Tight or relaxed? The discounted price is 720 euros (was 1440).

[/quote]

It is meant to be tight, and worn pretty much unbuttoned, so size 2 maybe be better.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="jevna"]thanks Faust![/quote]

you are welcome. The legend is Maurizio Altieri is allergic to the closed button look (actually, he purportedly does not like button holes). If you notice, all of his coats have buttons inside and durable thread instead of proper button holes. Write it off as artistic idiosyncrasy.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• surver
                • Oct 2007

yup... or at least c diem did a collaboration shoes series with wjk in japan; check with them. www.wjk.jp

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]if the footwear is any indication of what the clothing might look like, they probably made a good decision not to.
                  [/quote]

Hahaha, yeah... the footwear left MUCH to be desired.

I believe Casius had chatted with some of the people at EM and Maurizio's upcoming project(s) were met with a good deal of enthusiasm after a showing. Not sure if this is Avantindietro... but we'll have to see.

A part of me feels like the Carpe Diem namesake has shot itself in the foot after being dormant for so long. Many have moved on from the line onto its various offshoots or elsewhere

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• uparmoured
                    • Sep 2007

FS: M.A+
                    FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• desultory
                      • Aug 2007

That is a really d..b response. You got to take this on board: Maurizio Altieri doesn't do things to please you or me, he does it when it feels right for him. This guy lives and represents himself like a dark fuckin' hermit - he now has nothing to do with the seasonal come-and-go of Paris/Milan collections, his intellectual response is to be the problem-solver or the absolute designer of a design problem, however long it takes, whether it be footwear or garments. Believe you me, his brain is boiling on this subject, and ultimately if you can buy you will benfit from this outcome. If you want to wax lyrical about SS/AW and the seasonal comings and goings, go for it. This guy is going for something timeless, ultimate, however long it takes. We think that deserves somes kudos. Otherwise go buy Dior/Lanvin and what have you.

Comment

• sbw4224
                        • Sep 2006

Desultory, you write well, but you're also spewing out a load of shit if you think that the guys you are writing about are "timeless, ultimate." I guess those Dior and Lanvin wool pants and button-up shirts are really just a trend in menswear while thick linen pants, raw edged shirts, and square beanies are here forever.

I don't buy it.

You're a fanboy - I get it. So am I, actually, and maybe just as much as you, but you sound like the biggest asshole.

Comment

• desultory
                          • Aug 2007

Sorry, The Breaks, I was trying to talk about some people who approach fashion with passion, who actually do struggle quite a bit to create what they do - perhaps they might never achieve timelessness or 'the ultimate' but they bloody-well give it a go, and they do it with dignity. And they do it in the hope that there are some people out there who appreciate their message, and I happen to be one of those 'assholes'. There is, I believe, quite a difference between these designers and the designers that are hired to reinvigorate the corporte fortunes of a flagging, traditional fashion house of yesteryear. Sorry to touch on your nerve again, but Dior/Lanvin etc are just tomorrow's mince - these pages and your comments in the months and years to come will be the testament to it.

Comment

• the breaks
                            • Sep 2007

I understand where you're coming from. I think what Chinorlz was trying to get at is that whether we like it or not (and i expect most people here do not), fashion and the people who spend money on it is the most fickle of mistresses. And while CCP, Amadei and co. are artists, they are also in the business of fashion and therefore subject to the laws of capitalism.

I feel that they deserve not only respect but financial success for what they are doing, and taking a long time between collections can have a negative efffect on that. And I think that's what "shooting himself in the leg" meant here; loss of customers and therefore revenue. But they'll always have us, right? ;)

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• desultory
                              • Aug 2007

Oh, absolutely they may suffer loss of revenue and interest, especially in such a fickle world, the one we've jst been shown here on SZ, and I'm sure it hurts them. But both Poell and Amadei work to their own timeline, not the industry's or your/our expectations, and they would rather absorb some hurt before they marched out some seasonal crap for the sake of it.

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

Well let it be stated for the record that not everyone here is as fickle as a teenager of the pop world. Many of us here on the boards are devout fans of Altieri's work despite the seemingly ambivalent responses you may have read. Believe me when I say that Chinorlz is one of the greatest appreciators of Altieri's work. I've said it before, I'll say it now and I'll say it again..like some nazi propagandist. Amadei and Altieri are godsends in the world of men's fashion. I certainly empathize with your point of view and everything you have had to say and believe that many here do also. Just don't go casting stones at a brother based on one post. It hardly embodies their entire view.

As far as the timeline goes, I only respect it. It tells me that Altieri will not compromise his work for the sake of revenue, nor to please the masses. You have to love that kind of integrity and dedication to his vision and craft.

Again Desultory, keep posting!

Originally posted by Faust
                                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎