X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

It's a five-piece capsule designed by a former team member. Altieri sold the name.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rl82
      • Aug 2016

according to what i have been told, there should be lumen et umbra designer.

Comment

• newp
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by rl82 View Post
        according to what i have been told, there should be lumen et umbra designer.
        No. It's Jun Hashimoto and his brand is/was called wjk.

Comment

• rl82
          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by newp View Post
          ah ok, thanks

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Where is this intel coming from? I was also told it was Issei Fujita who designed the capsule.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• newp
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Where is this intel coming from? I was also told it was Issei Fujita who designed the capsule.
              Several people told me but I am not sure anymore since the information is so confusing. Guess trusting the gossip like I have done is a bad idea.

Comment

• Campe92
                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by the-orb View Post
                Yeah, thanks a lot for sharing the video. I did not realize how early on some of those concepts like the stitching/lacing of the Linea boots were developed. I would have guessed 2005 or later. Any Italian SZ'ers who could help translate some of the comments, especially around 3:10? The only part I understood was when they are talking about the use of natural cochineal dye for the grey fabric around 1:55. I believe I have those very same pants and I had no idea about how that look was achieved, so it was quite insightful.
                I'm a bit late, but it's never too late =)
                at 3.00 she told that the black material shows better the surface details, and after she told that the wool "hair" has been drop out by needle
                At 1.30/1.55 she said that it's an heavy canvas material, where with a natural dyeing (cochineal or cattlefish)you can gain a three dimensional effect
                "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Comment

• rl82
                  • Aug 2016

Several people told me but I am not sure anymore since the information is so confusing. Guess trusting the gossip like I have done is a bad idea.
                  my source was very reliable but the security with which you corrected me let me thought yours was more reliable

Comment

• newp
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by rl82 View Post
                    my source was very reliable but the security with which you corrected me let me thought yours was more reliable
                    Then my apologies for misleading you.

Comment

• rl82
                      • Aug 2016

Then my apologies for misleading you.
                      no need. everything is ok.
                      best

Comment

• drizzly
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2012

so Issei Fujita from Lumen et umbra will be taking over or are there more?

Either way i may grab something to from the new iteration to see what its like.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

cant be bothered with all the speculation

just bring back some carpe boots and derbies and its all good
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• naturalalmonds
                            • Sep 2013

Showroom

I want to do product, I am a product person, not just clothing but water bottle design - Kanye West

Comment

• drizzly
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              cant be bothered with all the speculation

just bring back some carpe boots and derbies and its all good
                              Zam with the truth

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                                • Mar 2014

You fucking stoners don't know anything / making shit up. Jun posts some photos from Tranoi on insta and suddenly he's working with them.

I've been emailing Stefano and Andrea since before they started showing this stuff and spoke at length about the project in person.

In terms of production, they're using the same leather supplier, leather types on offer being horse, calf and cow and the same factory as before.

They're still going to produce buried leather footwear (people will probably eat up that gimmick).

There's a design meeting happening this month that "might" have some ex-staff members, mainly focused on bringing back some of the women's footwear designs, that's all so far. As for the current stuff, you conspiracy theorists know nothing.

Tranoi is hell like any trade show, reeks of desperation. It was kinda sad seeing it there but, accept this for what it is. A reissue project.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎