Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Carpe Diem, Lmaltieri, Linea, etc.

Default Re: Carpe Diem, Lmaltieri, Linea, etc.

a few more pics of the leather shirts for good measure:

back zipper boots:

medium length laced boots:

work ankle boots:

images via dress*jp.

[quote user="Faust"]Those back zippered boots are the ones I wanted. They would've looked awesome with Ann's cropped pants. Alas, both are sold out in Barneys [:(] Thanks for the pix!
    [/quote]

i originally favored the lace ups over the back zippered boots - i only bought my pair because i was getting a good deal for new boots. the guy selling them to me was puzzled when i told him i was looking for the 5-hole laceups, he said the back zippered boots are much more popular in japan. now i've come to realize how nice they are! (i actually wear them more than my lace ups!) you should get them when you can faust :)

[quote user="Faust"]Those back zippered boots are the ones I wanted. They would've looked awesome with Ann's cropped pants. Alas, both are sold out in Barneys [:(] Thanks for the pix!
    [/quote]

I agree they'd look nice, but don't you think the medium length laced boots are the ones which match closest to the runway pics? And as a owner of these boots (actually I'm not sure because I got them from last season), I can testify that the leather ages brilliantly. The leather slightly 'strips' away, if you will, due to the predisposed treatment, revealing the beautiful brown hue underneath that leather. The black also gradually turns to gray, which I think is brilliant. But then again, I'm a biased owner [:P] I also feel that zip up boots are more of the domain of ccp, whereas lace-ups feel more quintessentially cdiem to me.

Also, I know that you don't like prada, but they did produce cropped pants for their last A/W season. albeit without much of Ann's poetic style- much more stiff I'd say.

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

fattoamano

[/quote]

Is Fattoamano another label of the carpe family? I'd like info about that piece, the stitching is insane.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

yeah it was one of the experimental labels - i unfortunately haven't been able to find much of anything though- i think maurizio amadei (ma+) was a big part of it though?

[quote user="xcoldricex"]yeah it was one of the experimental labels - i unfortunately haven't been able to find much of anything though- i think maurizio amadei (ma+) was a big part of it though?
    [/quote]

I think this was a line where the stitching was supposed to correspond to the human muscle contours. You could kind of see that from the picture.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

haha yeah this is that one. i see the trapezius, the deltoid, triceps, serratus posterior....

I thought Runner from tFS had some fattaomano... a similar shirt/jacket to that one done in deerskin I think...

sick piece. I can only hope to fully outfit my wardrobe with CCP/Carpe(and it's substituents) one day. It'd be a wardrobe that would fit any age.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

IF now carries CDiem for men. Leather shirt, hard cotton coat, leather pants, some footwear. Good stuff.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

[quote user="Faust"]IF now carries CDiem for men. Leather shirt, hard cotton coat, leather pants, some footwear. Good stuff.
    [/quote]

Oh they've carried carpe for mens for a while... some stuff I would guess may even be linea actually... tagless...

So they got more items in? I buy from Anthony there.. nice guy! Plus... they put their carpe footwear on sale. I'm wondering if I can convince Antony to discount the clothes for me. That would be pretty nice hehehe.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

linea usually isn't tagless (at least the non-leather stuff). they have that crazy long ass tag with the built in hanger. like the one i posted above

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

[quote user="Faust"]IF now carries CDiem for men. Leather shirt, hard cotton coat, leather pants, some footwear. Good stuff.
    [/quote]

Oh they've carried carpe for mens for a while... some stuff I would guess may even be linea actually... tagless...

So they got more items in? I buy from Anthony there.. nice guy! Plus... they put their carpe footwear on sale. I'm wondering if I can convince Antony to discount the clothes for me. That would be pretty nice hehehe.

[/quote]

Really? I guess I've never noticed. I've always noticed the women's, but not the mens (except the footwear)...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Hmm, yeah I've seen the linea at A. I may be WAY off but I coulda sworn I saw a couple long tagged pieces at IF as well as the completely tagless items.

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

here's a similar shirt in an I. angora, wool, silk II. bamboo, elasthane blend from the anatomica line.

considering it.. worried about the fit though and it ain't exactly cheap either.

[/quote]

edit: this is actually sartoria. the tag reads MtM S - so i assume that is sartoria [;)]

Some Linea eye candy for y'all!

Alan Bilzerian just got in a piece that is either Linea or a custom one of a kind. As AB does with all his stuff, there is no extra long tag to indicate that it is Linea exactly but it has the linen shirt-cut cover done with lots and lots of pull strings all over it so it looks almost like a black tunic.

The coat itself is a thigh length leather coat where the upper mandarin collar portion has linen sandwiched in between for a beautiful raw edged top. The coat is half lined in a herringbone fabric (very thick) and it's been folded so there are triple pockets on the inner left breast.

The coat is cut from only a couple pieces of flawless leather and the edge of the hide makes up the irregular bottom hem. Really amazing. I tried it on and it looks sick!

Too bad it's $6300.

Unfortunately like many other Carpe pieces at Alan Bilzerian, it's destined to sit there forever.

-A

if it has a case that is wearable it's a linea piece as the whole idea behind the label was to be a "second skin" so the pieces themselves had a second skin

Well that was my assumption, but I had no extra long tag to confirm this. Plus as far as I know Linea is no longer being made? This is what I had read on the tFS forum a while ago.

The raw bottom hem also strongly pointed to linea (as did the price tag... which actually sounds semi-reasonable in terms of Linea pricing).