• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tiger
    Banned
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by surver View Post
    can anyone please advice contact info of IF? do they have a website?
    they don't have a website.

(even my 7 yr old cousin knows how to google)

IF
    +1 212 334 4964

Comment

• surver
      • Oct 2007

thanks tiger. would've appreciated your help more if you had not included the really unnecessary sarcastic remark re your 7-yr old cousin bit...

Comment

• reborn
        • Aug 2008

thanks tiger. would've appreciated your help more if you had not included the really unnecessary sarcastic remark re your 7-yr old cousin bit...
        The remark was warranted and hilarious.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DHC View Post
          That's the one Albert. The crazy markup makes it hard to pull the trigger even if it were 50% off.
          ugh, what a bummer... it's seriously such a genius art piece. To even dream up a piece like that is amazing. The patternwork must have been insane.
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I'm sure everyone would've appreciated the question more had it not been that easy to figure out
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DHC
              • Jul 2007

/\ no ndf, we're talking about a linea bag. I hear you on that Sartoria deer skin piece though. I've been wanting to get my hands on that for a while too. Definitely holy grail status in my book (as diluted as that title has become here on SZ).
              Originally posted by Faust
              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                /\ no ndf, we're talking about a linea bag. I hear you on that Sartoria deer skin piece though. I've been wanting to get my hands on that for a while too. Definitely holy grail status in my book (as diluted as that title has become here on SZ).
                can someone post a picture of this deerskin sucker?
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• drexl
                  • Sep 2006

I'm assuming it's this piece?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
                    is this the insane deer skin sartoria piece w the muscular detailed patternwork you guys are talking about?

ive been dreaming about that piece for the last 3 years now..i.e ever since i laid my eyes on a picture of it. Now that is one garment i would like to handle in person. the holiest of holy grails.
                    that's the superballer one. Satoru at A has a calf leather one. The construction is ever so lovely. A serious true work of art.

If that bad boy were $2200... it would be long long gone :)

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by drexl View Post
                      I'm assuming it's this piece?

weird. is that the outside back of the jacket? it's hard to grasp the whole from looking at this photo but i'm sure i'd swoon along with everyone else if i saw it in real life. the calf version must be pretty sick too if not even better.
                      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

you know what A, you raised a question that i hadn't even thought about in the 2-3 years that this photo has been around since Runner posted it.

Looking more closely, I think that IS the interior of the jacket! you can see the fattoamano tag on the same side as the photographed one at the neck, and I've not seen a Sartoria or Carpe piece where the serged seam was left on the outside ever.

VERY interesting!

Comment

• surver
                          • Oct 2007

anyone have images of the calf leather version? would love to have a look... must be incredible...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
                            albert i think the piece is reversible hence the fine overlocking/serging

and the threads dont run all through the garment...i did a bit of research, apparetly the threads are used to hang the garment

quote runner from tfs
                            "
                            the triangular hood(linea throne jacket) formed by the three seam lines could have been more of a conceptual trademark thing for display.
                            later, the triangle had evolved and was described by three threads(sartoria/fattomano) from the end of each of the seam lines which were extended to a point where two other extensions cross and were tied there.
                            practically just something with which you'd hang the piece on a hook, they are detached when it is worn.
                            so, not very important, but looked simply beautiful."

there is a small but clearer photo of this over at tfs.. there you can see the threads looped around the the 3 seams at the back and i presume there will be two seams at the front at the sides of the neck and all the threads come together to form a knot..

i also figured out the patternmaking...its actually pretty simple..like anything from altieri . maybe its time for a diy?
                            NDF, I agree in regards to the reversible nature. For all these years I had just assumed that this was the outside. For all intensive purposes it's the "inside" of the jacket based on the tag attachment at the neck. It's just surprising to revisit a photo I've seen hundreds of times over the years and realize something completely new about it.

The thread/strings are definitely decorative. A number of sartoria pieces had them emanating from junctions of parts of the shirt. They're held in place by just knotting the inside.

You are correct in that the sleeve patternworn is intricate looking but not incredibly incredibly difficult to construct. For this piece, the shoulder blade area is an interesting one in terms of the pattern construction.

I would love to see a DIY of this piece if you are able to create it NDF! It's just so damn lovely.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                              i believe it is plastic coated anaconda. I'd LOVE a pair :)
                              i have a pair sans horseshoe :)

i was disappointed that the library had none of this stuff left... granted it's been quite awhile, but i didn't even see any m.a+ (aside from those twisted seam shoes) and all of the other offshoots. i don't think i saw much at l'eclaireur rue herold either, but i was with someone who had no interest in fashion so i just had a quick walkthrough. :(

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

yea neither The Library nor L'eclaireur have a very big stock.. both have a few old carpe / L'm pieces and occasionally some boots. Library has hardly had any m.a+, L'ec has had aviators, some shirts and bags. but definately a pretty limited stock at both.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎