Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

mmm i was under the impression that they had a large collection of stuff - kind of like all the stuff lift had from all the old seasons. i was kinda pissed i made the trip to see the library, since half the stock was like julius and viridianne.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

whaat, they have v-a and julius now? guess they picked both up quite recently as they didn't have either in early fall

library is a bit hit or miss for me, if they have a good stock of Poell and LUC and some neat older pieces its always interesting, but if they're short on those it usually fails to interest me. sadly I've never seen much Volga Volga etc, I dont know if they sell out or get really small shipments.
      Last edited by lowrey; 01-10-2009, 10:35 AM.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

was their fire sale a month or two ago done to completely clean their LUC/LM/CCP stock out? Seems like it was from what has shown up online. Hope that doesn't mean they won't carry Luca or Carol this spring.

Have you guys seen the womens dept at The Library? It's hilariously vomit inducing and a completely strange buy.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

yeah lot's of julius. they had two carol pieces - an old short sleeve button up and the tape boots from this past season. the SA told me abou carol's "one season" this year so I'm sure they'll be carrying it.
          lot's of LUC still - i don't remember LUC being this expensive in Japan, but it's been awhile.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

seems like they definately sold out some of the Poell stock then, in early fall they had at least one or two leathers, 4-5 different button ups in various sizes (black, glue seam, gitter, a white one..), 2 different types of pants, boots etc.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

people doown here in retail keep saying the library is fucked financially and should be closing think thats why they had the huge clear out

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Interesting. I would imagine this wouldn't be the case given their high caliber clientele.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kompressorkev
                  • Dec 2006

That's sad to hear! I really like The Library. Had i known they wouldn't be around, i would have bought a lot more. The Library has quite a unique selection of clothing. They have a lot more than their website lists, which already shows that they're a stockist for a nice bunch of brands: Carpe Diem, Carol Christian Poell, Gustavolins, Isaac Sellam, Munoz Vrandecic, Un Solo Mondo, Motoike Leather Art, LUC, Ansnam, Clare Tough. Very artisanal lines. Then of course they had a sprawling of more affordable designers like Nicolas & Mark, Jan & Carlos, Collection Privee?, Kohzo denim, Nicolo Ceschi Berrini, etc etc.

Last i chatted with them, they said some lines were doing very well. Some of the lines like Ansnam & Motoike Leather art were hugely marked up. Anyway, i didn't see much Carpe there. They weren't carrying Avantindietro when i was there late Summer.

BTW, about Carpe Diem - is Avantindietro producing more pieces next "season"? Or is it going to be the "Memories" line from now on, which is the new progression? That is, is "Memories" a separate line, or is it.... C.Diem > Intervallo > Avantindietro > Memories ?

Comment

• Raw Edge
                    • Jan 2008

am I right to think that the traditional carpe boots, ie the ones that would be repoduced for the memories, are mostly variations on calf leather?
                    ie, the ankle boots tend to be calf, washed calf, reversed calf, etc, but rarely if ever horse/cordovan?

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

You have to re-host the photo. (Can't link directly from TFS)
                      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mesh
                        • Dec 2006

I believe the memories line has nothing to do with altieri but the japanese company that is making shitty copies iirc that owns the carpe name.

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by mesh View Post
                          I believe the memories line has nothing to do with altieri but the japanese company that is making shitty copies iirc that owns the carpe name.
                          I don't think that is true but I'll let someone who knows more than I speak up.

But to my knowledge, it is not WJK doing it, it is a collaboration between Altieri and someone else.
                          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• DHC
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by mesh View Post
                            ...the japanese company that owns the carpe name...
                            ??????
                            Last edited by DHC; 01-29-2009, 12:20 PM.
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                              ??????
                              AMK/WJK : they were distributing Altieri's work in JP, never owned the name.
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

haha! Dude, you're like 10 feet away from me!
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎