Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mesko
    • Nov 2009

Holy fucking shit, een! That may be one of the most beautiful jackets I have ever seen. What material is it? How is the closure?

Comment

• Diego
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by merz
      а что вы хотите сказать..?
      何を意味する?

I think Linea tags are lovely

Comment

• Enaml
        • Apr 2009

This might be on the TFS thread, but could someone explain what the grid/text style print above the size means? I've seen a few variations on it I think... It's the same format used for the 'digital stitching,' no?
        How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• dmitry
          • Aug 2009

а что вы хотите сказать..? __________________

остается загадкой смысл размещения фото после окончания аукц.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ why not? images are a part of the thread.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dmitry
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              /\ why not? images are a part of the thread.
              agree with you,
              but i can't understand the accent concerning the
              "auction's over - time for some pics".

Comment

• dmitry
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by merz
                the photographs were originally linked in the 'good finds' thread. the format of the image link from yahoo auctions points to the uploading user (ie: seller) and since one of the forum members was actively pursuing the auction, the images were taken down for the auction's duration.

now that the auction has concluded, it is therefore safe to link the images again for public enjoyment, this time in the appropriate thread.

glad to see you posting here, by the way.
                now i see.
                i was very interested in this piece. saw it on japan yahoo.
                when these photos were posted i decided it is opportunity to buy it.

Comment

• een
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mesko View Post
                  Holy fucking shit, een! That may be one of the most beautiful jackets I have ever seen. What material is it? How is the closure?
                  can't offer any additional info, not my jacket.
                  thanks for clarifying merz

lovely indeed Diego, congrats once again, one of the more beautiful jackets i have seen in awhile - items like this were/are a reason i got involved in this forum

Comment

• Diego
                    • Aug 2007

Thanks een, I just hope it fits, if it doesn't then dmitry will buy it from me.

Regarding the print on the Linea tags, maybe crouka or albert have some info?

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                      • Mar 2009

Happy belated birthday Mr.Altieri
                      merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

/\Haha! Very good! If you're on facebook, you should go to:

to wish it to him yourself. I actually encourage everyone on facebook to go and throw him some love at the link provided. :)
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• crouka
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          /\ well, he was upset because people misinterpreted his post in the sissy p thread here. and he is a big fan of softgrey. and she is not fond of good old faust. so there you have some history.
                          I guess running a fashion forum could make you suspicious of everything sometimes and suspicion might breed hallucination. but there are a few things I'd like to tell you.
                          this site is full of inside joking or conversation, and often expressions are perhaps too advanced or cool for me to understand. so, this is a sad thing though, I cannot even be upset about the posts that I don't think I understand what they really mean by.
                          and honestly I don't know if she is really not fond of you. she hasn't told me about you, but she hasn't told me about johnny as well while she speaks about his wife very occasionally. but, even if she was not fond of you, how do you think that would have something to do with my posting?
                          she is the only person who has known before my first post here that my user name is crouka.

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post

btw is that a semi nude of maurizio altieri? It's could be his dreadlocks hanging down

maybe issei of lumen et umbra. it took place inside this paris garage below which functioned mainly as their showroom. the garage was occupied by one container. all that was happening in the container including the measurement silhouette on the screen etc was simultaneously shared with the atelier team in the other container in their perugia stronghold, like a video conference. it was done live. rather than a customer, in the process you were supposed to be the leading part on a live container stage of the sartorial theater, seriously. you could specify even shades of the buried materials ( one of what I'm not sure about is the afghan desert thing. apparently it was done in what they called a "tobacco" field that was just around the perugia studio ). and the price of the deerskin coat for example was not that different from that of equivalent/similar coat from linea.
                          they aimed to insert some unusual variable factor before the habits of just buying and wearing, which was what sartoria project was for. interactive communication between clientele and atelier that can act on usual speculation/storyboard.

perugia
                          Last edited by crouka; 09-25-2010, 01:12 AM.

Comment

• crouka
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                            This might be on the TFS thread, but could someone explain what the grid/text style print above the size means? I've seen a few variations on it I think... It's the same format used for the 'digital stitching,' no?
                            the digits read 3JV. it's the code of that particular piece. even a different color version of the same style has its own independent code. there is no pattern with the codes. totally random and almost infinite combinations of numbers, characters, alphabets, katakana, and cyrillic because with the belief in infinite possibilities they tried to stand aloof from any kind of old pattern/system ( the results aside, they tried anyway. and I found it exciting ). that's also why basically there were no season, no distinction of age or sex, no item categorization, no right and wrong sides of garments, all in the name of one piece ( and second skin ... garment bags in the shape of each item as clothing, actual pieces in the bags as second skin. minimal and hidden seams. one piece/second skin, what they referred to as ultimate minimalism ). against the existing system, at first there was not even a name for this experimental line/linea.
                            these are the things that were happening underground about 10 years ago ( amadei joined in 1999 ).

Comment

• Enaml
                              • Apr 2009

Thank you so much for the response, runner. Please post more here. I know many (myself included), appreciate the insights you provide.
                              How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by crouka View Post
                                I guess running a fashion forum could make you suspicious of everything sometimes and suspicion might breed hallucination. but there are a few things I'd like to tell you.
                                this site is full of inside joking or conversation, and often expressions are perhaps too advanced or cool for me to understand. so, this is a sad thing though, I cannot even be upset about the posts that I don't think I understand what they really mean by.
                                and honestly I don't know if she is really not fond of you. she hasn't told me about you, but she hasn't told me about johnny as well while she speaks about his wife very occasionally. but, even if she was not fond of you, how do you think that would have something to do with my posting?
                                she is the only person who has known before my first post here that my user name is crouka.
                                Thanks for the clarification. I agree, sometimes I go overboard (like yesterday). Anyway, I am happy to see you here.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎