X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MASUGNEN
    • Feb 2009

Lowrey!

You also have... You also had, for a short time, Fabio Quarente (F QR). And, more long-lived and thievish, Jun Hashimoto (WJK).

Comment

• MASUGNEN
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
      You had me until that last sentence.
      It's just an esprit d'escalier speculation: perhaps gay men look on female bodies with a different, more objective eye. But it could also be a silly idea. Does the question why so many great womenswear designers are gay have a time-honoured answer?

Comment

• MASUGNEN
        • Feb 2009

Which of the familiar designers do womenswear? Does my fondness of the m.a+ pieces really expose my attraction to the model?

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by MASUGNEN View Post
          Lowrey!

You also have... You also had, for a short time, Fabio Quarente (F QR). And, more long-lived and thievish, Jun Hashimoto (WJK).
          oops, forgot those.. I have no idea what Hashimoto did at Carpe.

Which of the familiar designers do womenswear? Does my fondness of the m.a+ pieces really expose my attraction to the model?
          almost all the descendants do womens wear.

as for the second question; yes.

he has had some very nice womens pieces though, as well as less good ones. same with the men's I suppose.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• snafu
            • Apr 2008

I think Hashimoto was involved with leather; i think he delt with a japanese side of leather something to do with the leather/brand company rip van winkle ? .... seriously i could be wrong this is not fact.

But i saw a WJK x cdiem collaboration, a pair of boots? But this could jsut be leftover sample stock sold to Jun? really god knows... But at layers we even have a come des garcons x cdiem pair of shoes.

I have heard many things over the years about amadei, i personally am biased personally I cannot see how amadei was just a leather cutter he is far more than that. But really iv heard about what simone did at carpe... wasn't he there for the shortest time; a few months before the end ? Like david said there is two side to a coin and it always depends on what side you see first; this affects how you view the flipside. But does it really matter to quote Merz cdiem: 'this shit is sick'

But who knows... it seems no of the people mentioned on the past few pages want to speak about it, but its always fun to speculate. Im glad this thread is booming again.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
              Eastern! I can't believe this is what I'm doing at 6am either!
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                Amadei
                Luca
                Simone Cechetto (augusta)
                Marvie (marvielab)
                Yoko Ito (individual sentiments)
                Sara Lanzi
                Issei Fujita (lumen et umbra)
                Silvio Berlusconi (commercial director)
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

It's just an esprit d'escalier speculation: perhaps gay men look on female bodies with a different, more objective eye. But it could also be a silly idea. Does the question why so many great womenswear designers are gay have a time-honoured answer?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                    • Feb 2009

Wasn't Hashimoto the one who recovered Carpe diem storage? On the first day of 2008, Albert posed that Altieri and Hashimoto have »a great working relationship«, but that's not what I've heard from Carpe diem headquarters. Did he out-buy Altieri? Didn't he also steal the banana pants concept?

I thought Carpe diem x Comme des Garçons was just a joke. Could anyone please link a photo? What was this all about? When did the collaboration occur? Who signed for Carpe diem? Jun Hashimoto?

Ripvanwinkle is a brand we possibly should speak more of.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                      But i saw a WJK x cdiem collaboration, a pair of boots? But this could jsut be leftover sample stock sold to Jun? really god knows... But at layers we even have a come des garcons x cdiem pair of shoes.
                      I believe they are all leftovers, I've seen a couple of cashmere button ups that had the cdiem tag and a small wjk label on top. same probably applies to some of the boots.

Hashimoto's own work (his namesake label, wjk, akm and so on..) is a real mindfuck, from plaid shirts and guido jeans to carpe knock-offs. I've seen a few really good pieces, but I assume they were influenced by some other designer.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Is it impossible or non-ethical to speak about these things in these terms?

Comment

• Enaml
                          • Apr 2009

Wasn't Hashimoto a buyer that got really into continues though? I feel like I've seen some older WJK pieces that I really liked (very cdiem-inspired) that show up on YJP, among other places. Everything newer looks pretty trend-whore-y though. I've never handled or tried on anything by WJK so I guess I'm not in the position to speak of the quality or construction, but aesthetically, as Lowrey said, it is quite a mindfuck.

I'd also be interested in hearing more about ripvanwinkle... I don't think I've ever seen it discussed in a language I am fluent in.
                          How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Enaml
                            • Apr 2009

Is it impossible or non-ethical to speak about these things in these terms?
                            It's not that as much as, speaking of objectivity, the objectivity assumed in making such a blanket statement, IMO.
                            How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                              • Feb 2009

This give me reason to put up for sale a Ripvanwinkle jacket I own. It's quite special, I think – but too small for me. However, I do not how how to administer photo publication on Classifields... Help me – for further Ripvanwinkle discussion.

I also own a Ripvanwinkle leather shirt – in oxe blood.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎