X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MASUGNEN
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
    It's not that as much as, speaking of objectivity, the objectivity assumed in making such a blanket statement, IMO.
    Aren't we here to impartially discuss? These aren't Jonathan Favreau scripts, right?

Comment

• snafu
      • Apr 2008

yes id be interested in knowing the quality of wjk... the boots dont look quite as nice a cdiem the last is very very very similar possibly slightly longer/elongated or narrower.

As far as i know rip van winkle was a leather store that used to stock cdiem and sell other leather good possibly chrome farts im not sure. I think it was producing its own line at the same time before/or after they stocked cdiem im not sure, but it is still producing stuff these days no idea on quality.

What about the guy from N4 ? Im damm sure he was at cdiem for some time also; amadei confirmed this for me.

also this dude: http://www.carpediemha.co.uk/home

Comment

• MASUGNEN
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by snafu View Post
        Carpe diem searches on eBay are getting and more bothersome. It really is a bad name for a company.

Comment

• Enaml
          • Apr 2009

I can see the aesthetic progression in Carpe Diem Home Accessories. They're one of the few extensions of the Continues vision I can really get behind.
          How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by snafu View Post
            The best always slip into obscurity!
            Last edited by DHC; 11-11-2010, 06:20 PM.
            Originally posted by Faust
            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• croatoan
              • Jul 2007

Hashimoto no longer has any real association with wjk and focuses on his own line. wjk stuff is still generally amazing quality, though, as is Hashimoto's own line. At some point wjk apparently had a deal with Carpe Diem to use their leathers, etc, although I am not sure of the details. Nor if it is still the case.

Comment

• todestrieb
                • Mar 2009

If memory serves me right, Wjk had an agreement or license to produce a one-off reissue of a few Carpe Diem bootwear, namely the signature backzips and S23M 5-holes. Came out not too long ago.

Comment

• Enaml
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                  Hashimoto no longer has any real association with wjk and focuses on his own line. wjk stuff is still generally amazing quality, though, as is Hashimoto's own line. At some point wjk apparently had a deal with Carpe Diem to use their leathers, etc, although I am not sure of the details. Nor if it is still the case.
                  What's the name of Hashimoto's own line?
                  How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Raw
                    • Oct 2009

Jun Hashimoto

Comment

• nicelynice
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                      Jun Hashimoto
                      What is WHT? Jun Hashimoto diffusion brand? Dude is involved in a confusing number of brands - he also designs for AZ, a line that seems to be sold exclusively on zozo.jp

I can attest for the quality of WJK/Jun Hashimoto stuff, though. The Carpe boots (which are the same down to the model numbers) are as good as the originals

Comment

• croatoan
                        • Jul 2007

wht is a new one to me. Apparently is to be pronounced as "white"?

It seems maybe it his casual line. I know he wanted Jun Hashimoto to be more design-focused, unlike the seldom changing wjk. But perhaps he found he still wanted a place to keep the more basic non-evolving designs?

and AZ.. I guess just a cheaper line for Zozo?

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                          I know he wanted Jun Hashimoto to be more design-focused, unlike the seldom changing wjk.
                          this is what I read somewhere, but from what I've seen, it seems to be almost exactly the same mess as wjk. he is doing knock-offs of Carpe boots and leather shirts, and in the same collection he has heavily washed boot cut jeans, plaid western shirts and a ton of similar basics as what wjk always made.

as for quality, I've handled a good amount of wjk stuff back when they were doing a lot of military influenced outerwear, and the quality and materials always seemed good. but design wise he doesn't seem to have any focus.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• croatoan
                            • Jul 2007

Seems focused enough for the people who actually wear the stuff in Japan. It is obviously a very different market.

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                              • Feb 2009

No further thoughts on Carpe diem womenswear?

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                                • Feb 2009

What does the Lmaltieri cloth-attached tag say? There is a blurred text.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎