Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Carpe Diem, Lmaltieri, Linea, etc.

Default Re: Carpe Diem, Lmaltieri, Linea, etc.

I've been eyeing a Lmaltieri jacket. It's a very stiff material, almost like canvas. I was wondering if anyone owns a piece similar to this from this line. I like the jacket, but movement is somewhat restrictive. It feels like it's the stiffness of the material and not the cut. I was wondering if someone can attest to the jacket loosening up a little with use.

as per runner at tfs:

"
    so maurizio showed the new pieces for S/S 08 in the open air

at an open space by a river in paris

now that they had sold off the garage.

and the label name seems to end up as "avantindietro"."

seems like carpe diem had a name change?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Its such a shame that they sold off X12. I wonder what became of the Anatomica shipping crate and everything else not sold (that leather chair too!).

You can see the intermediate work between Carpe Diem and Avantindietro on Minorityrev I believe. The line for now is aptly named Intervallo.

I was told that Maurizio did a small showing in a hotel room in Paris since X12 was gone for Intervallo.

The stuff looks okay... nothing mindblowing. At times I wonder if we've moved on from most of Carpe Diem designs. Still some lovely staples but it's not so cutting edge anymore since so many members have left to do their own lines and Maurizio isn't doing much on his own just yet. It's possible (I hope!) that he's going to come back with something that'll blow us all away!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Venice Beach, NYC, Las Vegas (unfortunately)

[quote user="soultek"]I've been eyeing a Lmaltieri jacket. It's a very stiff material, almost like canvas. I was wondering if anyone owns a piece similar to this from this line. I like the jacket, but movement is somewhat restrictive. It feels like it's the stiffness of the material and not the cut. I was wondering if someone can attest to the jacket loosening up a little with use.[/quote]

I just picked this jacket up at Maxield Bleu, it was listed as from 2003, dark green mostly, though one lapel is black. Very thick fabric. I saw an overcoat version at Atelier that I loved but it was sold before I could make up my mind.
    FYI, Maxfield only had that one remaing jacket, no other jackets by Carpe Diem. Sorry.

i tried it on once - beautiful jacket! they had an awesome stiff-fabric linea hoodie, i am saddened to hear they have no more carpe jackets...was hoping to pick it up once i returned to LA

Venice Beach, NYC, Las Vegas (unfortunately)

the main maxfield store still has a bit of carpe diem stuff left, including jackets from what I remember, i was specifically talking about their outlet store and this jacket in particular.
    Of course carpe diem is no longer after this season, from what I understand he is shutting down that name and creating 3 new lines that work together.

slightly off topic, but i got my cdiem leather shirt and it's awesome. the silver buttons are a nice touch, please the lined sleeves makes it very comfortable of wear. plus it's been worn in some so it looks nice and weathered. i can see it being a staple in my wardrobe for a long time.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

wjk japan still sells the CDiem leather shirts new, under the "wjk" section on their website store (like $2600)...sorry if this is not the right thread, but does someone know who started wjk?there is an obvious connection, buti'm just wondering whois behind wjk. i know M.A.+, Label Under Construction, Augusta, Lument et Umbra, and SL are all from former CDiem partners...don't know the story behind wjk though.wascurious if Altieri wassomehow an activepartner in wjk & AKM, or if they are completely separate.

also, does anybody have any pictures of the new "avantindietro" showing that we've been hearing about?how aboutanything from Lument et Umbra, outside of the Mattotti collection? the M.A.+ & LUC pieces look fantastic from the pictures we've been seeing so far.

[quote user="kompressorkev"]wjk japan still sells the CDiem leather shirts new, under the "wjk" section on their website store (like $2600)...sorry if this is not the right thread, but does someone know who started wjk?there is an obvious connection, buti'm just wondering whois behind wjk. i know M.A.+, Label Under Construction, Augusta, Lument et Umbra, and SL are all from former CDiem partners...don't know the story behind wjk though.wascurious if Altieri wassomehow an activepartner in wjk & AKM, or if they are completely separate. [/quote]

The designer, Jun Hashimoto, worked under Maurizio Altieri in Italy for three years before starting wjk.

So is Sarah Lanzi the designer of LINEA? is this the same woman who designs under Sarah Lanzi ? (if so much different looking) does anyone have a pic of her or the person who designs for linea?

Linea was an experimental project headed by Maurizio Altieri and Maurizio Amadei.

I get the feeling that it was primarily Amadei's brainchild based on Linea pieces when compared to MA+ pieces that you see now. The signature single-fabric curving seams down the arms along with the extended arms are very much a carry over from Linea to MA+

The leather jackets/shirts are cut almost exactly identical as well.

I'm not completely certain as to Lanzi's role at CDiem, but she definitely does some beautiful stuff.

There is a photo of Maurizio Amadei in the MA+ thread. For the most part, the people that work/worked at CDiem are scarce in photos!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

[quote user="kompressorkev"]

he looks a lot older, or at least just different, than i expected!
    [/quote]

That seems to be the general consensus. His designs reflect the kind of insight that comes with much experience, so when I saw his picture it all made sense to me. He's a straight up wicked bad mofo.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Chinorlz-san say - I get the feeling that it was primarily Amadei's brainchild based on Linea pieces when compared to MA+ pieces that you see now. The signature single-fabric curving seams down the arms along with the extended arms are very much a carry over from Linea to MA+

Yes i have spoken with stockist where i live in Japan called Minority Rev and they say exactly the same to me you and if you looking to comparing you can always seeing this now in the MA+ lines
    Hide

Hi guys!
    I'm almost new here.
    I found a carpe diem washed leather shirt from 2005 discounted with 50% downmark here in a store in italy. This is the first time I buy something by cd... The problem is that I can't decide if taking it in size 2 or 3. Size 3 looks ok on me, size 2 is skinny. I quite like it skinny on me (i still can close it, if someone helps me, haha) and I have the impression that the leather is going to stretch and adact to my body. Anyway how is this leather meant to be worn? Tight or relaxed? The discounted price is 720 euros (was 1440).

[quote user="jevna"]Hi guys!
    I'm almost new here.
    I found a carpe diem washed leather shirt from 2005 discounted with 50% downmark here in a store in italy. This is the first time I buy something by cd... The problem is that I can't decide if taking it in size 2 or 3. Size 3 looks ok on me, size 2 is skinny. I quite like it skinny on me (i still can close it, if someone helps me, haha) and I have the impression that the leather is going to stretch and adact to my body. Anyway how is this leather meant to be worn? Tight or relaxed? The discounted price is 720 euros (was 1440).

[/quote]

It is meant to be tight, and worn pretty much unbuttoned, so size 2 maybe be better.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

[quote user="jevna"]thanks Faust![/quote]

you are welcome. The legend is Maurizio Altieri is allergic to the closed button look (actually, he purportedly does not like button holes). If you notice, all of his coats have buttons inside and durable thread instead of proper button holes. Write it off as artistic idiosyncrasy.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

yup... or at least c diem did a collaboration shoes series with wjk in japan; check with them. www.wjk.jp

[quote user="ddohnggo"]if the footwear is any indication of what the clothing might look like, they probably made a good decision not to.
    [/quote]

Hahaha, yeah... the footwear left MUCH to be desired.

I believe Casius had chatted with some of the people at EM and Maurizio's upcoming project(s) were met with a good deal of enthusiasm after a showing. Not sure if this is Avantindietro... but we'll have to see.

A part of me feels like the Carpe Diem namesake has shot itself in the foot after being dormant for so long. Many have moved on from the line onto its various offshoots or elsewhere

That is a really d..b response. You got to take this on board: Maurizio Altieri doesn't do things to please you or me, he does it when it feels right for him. This guy lives and represents himself like a dark fuckin' hermit - he now has nothing to do with the seasonal come-and-go of Paris/Milan collections, his intellectual response is to be the problem-solver or the absolute designer of a design problem, however long it takes, whether it be footwear or garments. Believe you me, his brain is boiling on this subject, and ultimately if you can buy you will benfit from this outcome. If you want to wax lyrical about SS/AW and the seasonal comings and goings, go for it. This guy is going for something timeless, ultimate, however long it takes. We think that deserves somes kudos. Otherwise go buy Dior/Lanvin and what have you.