• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carpe Diem, Lmaltieri, Linea, etc.

Thanks everyone!

Biggest thanks goes to Faust for inspiring this project. When I first saw the jumpsuit at C21 I merely laughed and moved on but his suggestions and photos allowed me to see what could be done with something so... ugly!

The construction is amazing on this jacket. The shoulders are actually constructed and structured by two strings that run from the shoulder edge to the neck on the inner top of both shoulders. Really subtle, but amazing. There is also a hidden napoleon pocket that is on the outside of the zipper that I will have to maintain when I attach a new zip to this bad boy...

too bad it is (finally) snowing here in Boston, otherwise I would be rocking it today haha

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Thanks everyone!

Biggest thanks goes to Faust for inspiring this project. When I first saw the jumpsuit at C21 I merely laughed and moved on but his suggestions and photos allowed me to see what could be done with something so... ugly!

The construction is amazing on this jacket. The shoulders are actually constructed and structured by two strings that run from the shoulder edge to the neck on the inner top of both shoulders. Really subtle, but amazing. There is also a hidden napoleon pocket that is on the outside of the zipper that I will have to maintain when I attach a new zip to this bad boy...

too bad it is (finally) snowing here in Boston, otherwise I would be rocking it today haha

[/quote]

My pleasure, I'm glad it worked out.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
        ¤¤¤
        • Sep 2006

Two weeks late but awesome job on the Linea jumpsuit Albert. Respect - takes some balls to cut up a Linea piece! How are the pants coming along.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

haha, thanks! It was a bit unnerving to make that first cut, but it turned out well.

I haven't started on the pants just yet. Been working on the website. The pants will definitely be a bit more involved... have to construct a fly, waistband, and rework the legs a lot!

I was actually considering buying blackforest's leather jumpsuit to cut into a shirt and pants as well. After all, it's Linea hehehe

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

I was just informed from a reliable source that the Carpe Diem showroom X18 in Paris has been closed indefinitely and Maurizio is not yet certain as to when or where he will be presenting his new collection (gotta love these guys who don't have schedules or seasonal obligations like other design houses). Too bad... visiting X18 would have been one of the great highlights of my fashion-life.

In memoriam, I've attached an article with photos of the now defunct X18 with photos of the infamous shipping crate that functioned as the fitting room for Anatomica and Sartoria. Fuck... I really wanted to be one of the few to set foot in there and have something created just for me by them.

Looks like the key stores I'll have to check out while in Europe for Carpe/Linea/Lmaltieri and various leftover Sartoria/Anatomica items will be:

- KH

- Harveys Berlin (from the website... it looks like a place I'll be going to QUITE often in Berlin... my god... they seem to have ROOMS of Continues!)

- Colette

- The Library

- L'Eclaireur

Someone told me in passing that Carpe boots in London were around 800 euro. Are they really that much cheaper in Europe than here?!

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Ah, I didn't know it was Johnny that brought the article to light first. Props to him!

Faust, what magazine is it from? I saved these photos from tFS a ways back. I just wasn't sure that everyone had seen them.

... still wondering about the "sew it yourself" shoes. Never saw em before

a few more photos from my hard drive:

Jesus if that's not the perfect leather jacket....

Some crazy Linea piece from the Harveys Berlin website.

Runner's photo of "digital stitchwork" used on Sartoria pieces. The leather jacket that Agent L bought at Atelier had digital stitchwork along the inner spine of the jacket. Really amazing stuff.

Comment

• khiev
                • Nov 2006

that linea leather jacket is the sexiest thing ever, I've always wished that I would somehow get my hands on it... it is definitely my dream jacket, and I would pass on any ccp and cdiem leather pieces for it... anyone knows where I can get my hands on it or a similar piece?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="khiev"]

that linea leather jacket is the sexiest thing ever, I've always wished that I would somehow get my hands on it... it is definitely my dream jacket, and I would pass on any ccp and cdiem leather pieces for it... anyone knows where I can get my hands on it or a similar piece?

[/quote]

Haha, I'm looking into it as well Khiev. In Europe I'll be checking all the usual suspects... I have a feeling that harveys Berlin and KH may be quite promising judging from what I've heard about KH and the shop photos from harveys (check out their website to see what I mean). It's a piece that I'd probably pay near retail for. Soooo sick!

Comment

• khiev
                    • Nov 2006

argghhhh, coldrice, should've told me!!! hehe, the possibility of finding a piece like that makes me doubt whether I should even consider the upcoming poells jackets... I mean, I dont wanna blow all my dough only to find out that it's available somewhere else... good luck finding it A. and hurry with your store, cant wait to see it!

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

Magazine was World of Interiors guys. Cant remember issue number, but can check if need be.

Comment

• drexl
                        • Sep 2006

Early C. Diem (2000), runner posted this on tFS

Comment

• kompressorkev
                          • Dec 2006

hi guys, i just got a linea t-shirt and i really like it, faust's info on how to read the label is very interesting too. mine says"S=Q" or something like that, and i believe my shirt is unisex, but the fit is great IMO...it says 2 8 on it, so i think it's a medium for bothwomen and for men. i have a question though, how do you wear the wire and metalrod/hook thing that is attached to the label? i think i got it, but not quite sure...

i have the wire draping diagonally across the front to the back bottom,and from there,it goes up to the top center of my back. i hang the metal rod inside, and since it's magnetic, it holds the center tag in place, which flows down the back of the shirt. is that correct? it's the only way i can think of (well, the lady at maxfield's figured it out)...my only concern is the magnetic metal rod is against my spine inside the shirt, is this how it's supposed to be? thanks!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Congrats on a Linea piece! Love to see a photo

the gray fabric tag with the magnets and the long metal bar are actually only for hanging Linea pieces. The magnets clip together and typically sandwich the upper rear neck of an item and then the hook of the long rod hangs it from a wire for presentation. That's all haha. Not meant to be worn.

-A

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Augusta has arrived at Atelier:

Although the shoe design isn't anything special, the leathers look absolutely amazing especially the boot on the lower right. Wow... I bet it looks and feels amazing in person! Almost like tiger stripes. The stitchwork looks beautiful as well.

I'm surprised that the lacing is done with essentially standard shoelaces with plastic cap ends (or maybe they aren't plastic capped...) though. The lacing sticks out. Always wondered why the whole Continues line didn't use the stitched leather tubular drawstring used in some Linea pieces as their lacing standard... maybe too expensive to make in very very long lengths....

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

True. It's quite possible it just came down to an aesthetics thing for him.

Augusta (named after his grandmother) is yep... another CDiem offshoot. Run by Simone Cecchetto who was in charge of the CDiem footwear he's only doing shoes and bags for his collections.

Based on all this, CDiem as we know it is quite likely over... unless Maurizio Altieri's personal project(s) will continue under that name.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎