Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1164

Thread: Carpe Diem, Lmaltieri, Linea, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    What do you mean "hung up on"? Altieri offers the story for critical interpretation and that's what he's getting. It's only fair.

Altieri doesn't need to do anything. But if he wants to still be considered a serious designer, he's going to have to step up and make something instead of writing manifestos.
    Whats your definition? Does a designer have to make clothing to be a designer?

Quote Originally Posted by drizzly View Post
    Whats your definition? Does a designer have to make clothing to be a designer?
    Dude, I don't think you are reading what I'm writing.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Dude, I don't think you are reading what I'm writing.
    "Altieri doesn't need to do anything. But if he wants to still be considered a serious designer, he's going to have to step up and make something instead of writing manifestos."

Based on that i am asking if a designer has to make clothing or can he be focused on shoes.

Anyways forget it...

Well, if he wants to be a shoe designer, sure he can concentrate on shoes. But that's a whole different story, a far more narrow one than you can tell with a full clothing line. Few people cared about Paul Harnden when he was just making shoes. Louboutin will never be Galliano. And so on.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

isn't the point that the story is... a non-story?

cumulative experience = diffuse, neutral design
    analytic = impersonal, non-author (non 'designer')
    eschewing decoration = function>
    archetypes = emphasis on craft (non 'design')
    organic = same point re. carpe+. 'second skin' as people often stated
    degradation/ attrition not argued = decadence

designs with one foot in the past and one in the future to take on a sort of neutrality. highly polished but meant to be worn through. decadent but without decoration. these strike me as intentional paradoxes, absurdity or something. they don't add up to tell a tale - and why is that necessary?

--

trying to frame this stuff into the work of the 'artist designer', with a narrative and all that other fodder for fashion criticism doesn't make sense.

is it because...

1. approbation as a "serious designer" is good?
    2. the number of people interested = value?

in both of these cases it might be true, but aren't these industry criticisms? they don't discuss the non/story in that poster up there.

--

and anyway, despite carpe's strong aesthetic sensibility, was that really the story? didn't it share the same 'paradoxical' design'? if you could respect carpe, mmoria strikes me as the logical continuation and can be viewed broadly as the same project.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbreed View Post
    CCP is heroin. no, wait CCP is crack because it takes all your money in about 10 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatas View Post
    insight seems like a bit of an exaggeration here

I heard atelier new york the designer was to come last week. Same who does macross now maybe? Didnt not show up.

Quote Originally Posted by yuelaiyue View Post
    I heard atelier new york the designer was to come last week. Same who does macross now maybe? Didnt not show up.
    Best of SZ

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Seems like everyone's heard that fuckin atelier story, fuckin gossips.

Does anyone have insight on the vnapersona project?

Darklands has announced an event as an international debut:

http://www.darklandsberlin.com/information/events/

Same question, but for shoe_objects.

You can have a look here:

In Munich at Hide there has been the exhibition in April 2016.

http://mulpix.com/instagram/munich_hidem_m_moriabc.html

Holger has quite a few shoes to look at if you want to see them in person:
    http://www.hide-m.com/mmoriabc-by-m-altieri-l-22.html

Campbell from Darklands has some too.

Hope this answers your question.

Looking forward to see the "other project" in Feb 2017.

JF

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy View Post
    Same question, but for shoe_objects.

Would those of you who know share more information about this project please?

http://www.modemonline.com/fashion/m...oes_collection

http://c-diem.it/

Woah, total curveball. Very interested in hearing more as well.

All I can tell you now is that last season he was very active in Paris.
    Seemed to have met with a lot of people whom he collaborated with in the past.

this will be very interesting............
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Quote Originally Posted by newp View Post
    Would those of you who know share more information about this project please?

http://www.modemonline.com/fashion/m...oes_collection

http://c-diem.it/
    I imagine he is not involved and he sold the brand name or someone took it over by other means. NOTHING good starts out at Tranoi - certainly Altieri would not come near it within ten miles.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I imagine he is not involved and he sold the brand name or someone took it over by other means. NOTHING good starts out at Tranoi - certainly Altieri would not come near it within ten miles.
    This is why I am so curious: as far as I know Altieri is busy with vnapersona and won't even come to Paris during next PFW.

When I saw that strange pudgy man on the modem website I assumed this would be an italian takeover of a formerly legendary brand (i.e. helmut lang).

But M. Altieri will certainly be in Paris during mensweek, as he has been for the last several, selling m_moria.

What a time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by applecrisp View Post
    When I saw that strange pudgy man on the modem website I assumed this would be an italian takeover of a formerly legendary brand (i.e. helmut lang).

But M. Altieri will certainly be in Paris during mensweek, as he has been for the last several, selling m_moria.

What a time to be alive.
    Really? Because I am finding fashion incredibly fucking boring right now, with few exceptions. And no one more boring than Altieri with his pseudo-artistic affectations.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine