X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmash
    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by jscl View Post
    carpe experts, what's the difference between the s23 and s43 boots?
    I really wish somebody would answer this as well, as I've researched it before with no answer. At first I thought it may have something to do with the metal eyelets, but they're found on both models. They look the exact same....the only thing I could think of was A. something to do with the sole, B. only certain materials being used on each respectively.

Carpe pros, any conclusion????

Comment

• fashiondisaster
      • May 2011

Very interesting news from fashion italian blog, where Mr Fabio Quaranta (o FQR line and old worker on Carpe Diem) has send a press release where told that Mr Simone Cecchetto (AUgusta designer) is a liar , because told that Cecchetto has never worked for Carpe Diem, but he says this at all only for to be cool...
      Very very disappointing...
      This is the link http://www.frizzifrizzi.it/2011/06/0...one-cecchetto/
      SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

/\ Wow. Thanks for sharing. I always avoided Augusta for their early rip-offs, but this is some next level shit from an already "suspicious" professional.
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
          wish alessio could reissue/remix some carpe classics...
          Ask and you shall receive.
          Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by fashiondisaster View Post
            Very interesting news from fashion italian blog, where Mr Fabio Quaranta (o FQR line and old worker on Carpe Diem) has send a press release where told that Mr Simone Cecchetto (AUgusta designer) is a liar , because told that Cecchetto has never worked for Carpe Diem, but he says this at all only for to be cool...
            You're reaction is of great interest to me. Disappointing? Why? This fact was established in this very thread six months prior to the release of that article. http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/sho...&postcount=772
            Not my cup of tea, but many here drink it and that's fine. Individual taste is where it lay and preferences "should" not be effected by this, no? *shrugs*
            Last edited by DHC; 09-18-2011, 10:41 AM.
            Originally posted by Faust
            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• eckblk
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by DHC View Post
              Ask and you shall receive.
              This sounds amazing. Any more details?

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                • May 2011

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                You're reaction is of great interest to me. Disappointing? Why? This fact was established in this very thread six months prior to the release of that article. http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/sho...&postcount=772
                Not my cup of tea, but many here drink it and that's fine. Individual taste is where it lay and preferences "should" not be effected by this, no? *shrugs*
                preamble: i love so much many of Carpe Diem sons ...and thanks soo much for link of old release article.

But i thingk that the italian press release, as a pubblic , has a different weight. It 'true that everyone can to sell himself as the best prefers..butbut I think it is stupid to use lies to do this..especially from brand of research and treatment as these ...The individual taste for me is not in question .... but only disappoints me this way...
                Finally of curiosity I also saw that the brand is no longer called Augusta but A1923..
                http://www.adiciannoveventitre.com/

Comment

• eckblk
                  • Mar 2010

Merz,

Thanks for the clarification. I just checked out Sartorialoft's blog and can see what you are referring to.

E

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                    • May 2011

Ultimately ,what I see in all these brands ,children of carpe diem: one is the clone of the other ..I like them, but lately they bored me..

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

which labels are you talking about, then?
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                        • May 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        which labels are you talking about, then?
                        Many CD childs :

Marvielab, , Individual Sentiments, Ma+..and all family of Carpe diem ex-worker....I mention this ... but there are others.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

I think all 3 have a distinquishable style. marvie's work is quite streamlined, she plays more with silhouettes. individual sentiments has some notable elements from the carpe days (familiar patterns, for example) but then again, if I'm not mistaken the designer was quite involved with some of Altieri's projects. still, fabrics and details clearly set the work apart from carpe diem.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• docus
                            • Dec 2010

I don't see the post-Carpe labels as clones of Carpe Diem - they're obviously deeply influenced by it, and to build on your metaphor they obviously have Carpe Diem 'DNA', but they're developing their own voices and responses to what they've experienced with Altieri. In my opinion, they're going through slow evolution rather than revolution, with a lot of respect for what has gone, but (in the main) they're more progressive than you give them credit for.

*edit* Lowrey's response puts it better than me - I agree, all 3 are developing in different ways.

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by fashiondisaster View Post
                              what difference does it make at this point if he worked for Carpe Diem or not, I think by now his work stands on its own, and to an extent it is even better than many of the people who actually worked for Carpe Diem

I hate all of these comparisons, because one should never buy, support something because the creator worked for another, but because the creation is excellent within itself

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
                              /\ Wow. Thanks for sharing. I always avoided Augusta for their early rip-offs, but this is some next level shit from an already "suspicious" professional.
                              what is so suspicious about him, he sells shoes for a lot of money, you buy it and there is an exchange of cash for goods, it isn't like he is a con man selling you an empty box for $1K+
                              Last edited by zamb; 09-22-2011, 10:35 AM.
                              “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                                what is so suspicious about him, he sells shoes for a lot of money, you buy it and there is an exchange of cash for goods, it isn't like he is a con man selling you an empty box for $1K+

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎