Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1164

Thread: Carpe Diem, Lmaltieri, Linea, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Really? Because I am finding fashion incredibly fucking boring right now, with few exceptions. .
    True..........but who are the exceptions?
    And aren't we all guilty for its bland state?

no one more boring than Altieri with his pseudo-artistic affectations.
    Hasn't he kind of earn the right for people to be patient with him?

I mean the body of work that was built up still stands to this day.

I am going to reserve Judgement on what the project will look like until I go to Paris next moth.....
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Really? Because I am finding fashion incredibly fucking boring right now, with few exceptions. And no one more boring than Altieri with his pseudo-artistic affectations.
    I find vnapersona project very innovative though, really looking forward to how it will turn out.
    Last edited by newp; 12-14-2016 at 01:27 PM.

Really? Because I am finding fashion incredibly fucking boring right now, with few exceptions. And no one more boring than Altieri with his pseudo-artistic affectations.
    I was being facetious.

And I agree.

According to Jun Hashimoto's Instagram, Carpe Diem is coming back. https://www.instagram.com/p/BPPgVP8lUCT/

Quote Originally Posted by cuccboi View Post
    According to Jun Hashimoto's Instagram, Carpe Diem is coming back. https://www.instagram.com/p/BPPgVP8lUCT/
    @ttmstudio instagram account has some "lookbooks" from the new project...

these make absolutely clear, if there was every any doubt, that the original team is not involved in this project in any way

the s63m reproductions look pretty poor based on this photo. would be nice to hear from anyone at pitti or at paris next week who has a chance to visit the "showroom"

I heard it will not be in Paris, though I am not sure of the validity of the info.
    It was in New York for a bit but i did not get to see it.
    I am as usual interested in the footwear, so I am looking forward to some kind of formal release

Quote Originally Posted by zamb View Post
    I heard it will not be in Paris, though I am not sure of the validity of the info.
    It was in New York for a bit but i did not get to see it.
    I am as usual interested in the footwear, so I am looking forward to some kind of formal release
    the above is from the new "c-diem" project scheduled to show in milan and paris (at tranoi...) as shown here
    http://www.modemonline.com/fashion/m...oes_collection

they do not seem to have had any presentation in new york.

Quote Originally Posted by cpoll18 View Post
    the above is from the new "c-diem" project scheduled to show in milan and paris (at tranoi...) as shown here
    http://www.modemonline.com/fashion/m...oes_collection

they do not seem to have had any presentation in new york.

they HAD a presentation on NY.
    they WILL NOT be at Tranoi
    as to what is going on in Milan i have no idea
    I can only speak of what i know,

Quote Originally Posted by zamb View Post
    they HAD a presentation on NY.
    they WILL NOT be at Tranoi
    as to what is going on in Milan i have no idea
    I can only speak of what i know,
    are you sure youre not mistaking this for vnapersona this is a completely different thing
    Quote Originally Posted by unwashed View Post
    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
    are you sure youre not mistaking this for vnapersona this is a completely different thing
    Neiter vnapersona nor maurizio altieri have anything to do with the re-launch of Carpe Diem. The brand name has been sold. What items of clothing and accessories will appear under that name is anybody's guess

It's a five-piece capsule designed by a former team member. Altieri sold the name.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

according to what i have been told, there should be lumen et umbra designer.

Quote Originally Posted by rl82 View Post
    according to what i have been told, there should be lumen et umbra designer.
    No. It's Jun Hashimoto and his brand is/was called wjk.

Quote Originally Posted by newp View Post
    ah ok, thanks

Where is this intel coming from? I was also told it was Issei Fujita who designed the capsule.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Where is this intel coming from? I was also told it was Issei Fujita who designed the capsule.
    Several people told me but I am not sure anymore since the information is so confusing. Guess trusting the gossip like I have done is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by the-orb View Post
    Yeah, thanks a lot for sharing the video. I did not realize how early on some of those concepts like the stitching/lacing of the Linea boots were developed. I would have guessed 2005 or later. Any Italian SZ'ers who could help translate some of the comments, especially around 3:10? The only part I understood was when they are talking about the use of natural cochineal dye for the grey fabric around 1:55. I believe I have those very same pants and I had no idea about how that look was achieved, so it was quite insightful.
    I'm a bit late, but it's never too late =)
    at 3.00 she told that the black material shows better the surface details, and after she told that the wool "hair" has been drop out by needle
    At 1.30/1.55 she said that it's an heavy canvas material, where with a natural dyeing (cochineal or cattlefish)you can gain a three dimensional effect
    "I'm not working in the mainstream, i'm working on the side street, side dark street, it is quite comfortable." [Yohji Yamamoto]

Several people told me but I am not sure anymore since the information is so confusing. Guess trusting the gossip like I have done is a bad idea.
    my source was very reliable but the security with which you corrected me let me thought yours was more reliable

Quote Originally Posted by rl82 View Post
    my source was very reliable but the security with which you corrected me let me thought yours was more reliable
    Then my apologies for misleading you.

Then my apologies for misleading you.
    no need. everything is ok.
    best