Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

michael_kard - so you avoid augusta but embrace versace, burberry etc., based on...principle?
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• fashiondisaster
      • May 2011

[QUOTE=zamb;327107]what difference does it make at this point if he worked for Carpe Diem or not, I think by now his work stands on its own, and to an extent it is even better than many of the people who actually worked for Carpe Diem

I hate all of these comparisons, because one should never buy, support something because the creator worked for another, but because the creation is excellent within itself

Exact ... I totally agree with you Zamb...one hand, these designers have common air (because they born of a unique style that was to CD), butt is true that this designer have developed and evolved.
      I just say, very subjectively, that I do not seem very different from the style of this designer than the style of the CD. In addition, many of them, or perhaps, their sales department, is very keen to stress, often working for Carpe Diem.
      This to be brief: I personally,at today,i am very tired of the children (of carp diem, of Rick Owen, of Ann,of Guidi.........,)
      SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

• magic
        • Feb 2009

am very tired of your posts.
        Focusing on object details

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

[quote=fashiondisaster;327139]
          Originally posted by zamb View Post
          what difference does it make at this point if he worked for Carpe Diem or not, I think by now his work stands on its own, and to an extent it is even better than many of the people who actually worked for Carpe Diem

I hate all of these comparisons, because one should never buy, support something because the creator worked for another, but because the creation is excellent within itself

Exact ... I totally agree with you Zamb...one hand, these designers have common air (because they born of a unique style that was to CD), butt is true that this designer have developed and evolved.
          I just say, very subjectively, that I do not seem very different from the style of this designer than the style of the CD. In addition, many of them, or perhaps, their sales department, is very keen to stress, often working for Carpe Diem.
          This to be brief: I personally,at today,i am very tired of the children (of carp diem, of Rick Owen, of Ann,of Guidi.........,)
          Do you really know what you are saying here.........??
          you are tired of the work of some of the best designers in the world.
          The reason why many of these lines are so successful is not because of marketing, or hype, even though that does play a role.

they are successful because they speak to something deep inside the human consciousness, the need for individual expression, and a kind of realistic beauty that inst out of touch with reality.
          So, unless you want to reach out to photo-shopped falseness of the mainstream and to deny your humanity, then you can say yes...........I'm tired.

Also, I don't know what role Luca, Marvie, Amaedi etc played in Carpe Diem, but its kind of ignorant to call them "children" they may have been progenitors, I don't know..............
          It isn't implausible for them to have been both originators and offshoots at the same time, and the reason they have carried on this style may not so much be because they copied, but helped to bring into being the style that is identified to be Carpe Diem
          Last edited by zamb; 09-22-2011, 11:54 AM.
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by fashiondisaster View Post
            In addition, many of them, or perhaps, their sales department, is very keen to stress, often working for Carpe Diem.
            do they stress it, or is it people who talk about them that bring it up? keep in mind that what you read here or elsewhere is not written by them.

of the labels you mentioned, I know the designers personally, and none of them have ever brought up carpe diem unless asked. even Amadei spoke very briefly when I brought up the other maurizio.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• gavagai
              • May 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              Actually the empty box is 1k. For an additional 1k he throws in a free pair of beautiful hand made boots.

Can anybody actually confirm that he did or did not work for Carpe Diem? Does it really matter? Does anybody else on earth actually make shoes like he does? Pretty incredible stuff. I went to H Lorenzo and they had a huge selection of his stuff. Looking at 30 different pairs of shoes/boots it is just mind blowing what kind of work this man does.

The Carpe Diem universe is so shrouded in mystery,confusion and contradiction. It is unclear who actually worked there, who did what as well as the actual names of the designers. By actual I mean confirmed by a birth certificate not some fictional name. I've yet to see a decent study with reliable sources and first hand accounts detailing what went right/wrong there. I do know there is some incredible pieces that are hard to find. I'm not talking about mere heresay...

Comment

• MikeN
                • Nov 2007

Yes, he did. He didn't work there at the same time as Fabio Quaranta. Too bad for Fabio, he might have learned something.

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                  • May 2011

[QUOTE=zamb;327142]
                  Originally posted by fashiondisaster View Post

Do you really know what you are saying here.........??
                  you are tired of the work of some of the best designers in the world.
                  The reason why many of these lines are so successful is not because of marketing, or hype, even though that does play a role.

they are successful because they speak to something deep inside the human consciousness, the need for individual expression, and a kind of realistic beauty that inst out of touch with reality.
                  So, unless you want to reach out to photo-shopped falseness of the mainstream and to deny your humanity, then you can say yes...........I'm tired.

Also, I don't know what role Luca, Marvie, Amaedi etc played in Carpe Diem, but its kind of ignorant to call them "children" they may have been progenitors, I don't know..............
                  It isn't implausible for them to have been both originators and offshoots at the same time, and the reason they have carried on this style may not so much be because they copied, but helped to bring into being the style that is identified to be Carpe Diem
                  i belive that the best designer in the world are not Marvie,MA+ etc etc..i belive that the best designer in the world are : Yohij,Comme des Garcons,Margiela,Rick Owens,Ann Demeulemeester...and many more..some of these, perhaps, to today are old or more may not renew themselves. But it is indisputable that they have created a genre.

I love the clothes where i read the soul...
                  Into group that I called the children of CD ... I personally do not read it
                  I think they are very good .. and I have a lot of their clothes which, until recently, I loved to wear.
                  Lately I seem to have clothes all the same.
                  This got me thinking.

I'm also sure of two things (it certainly i can be wrong):

1) that this type of genre .. is destined to run out.
                  2)that these brands(the children) will never have the style strength
                  to expose themselves more than they expose at today.

Thank you Zamb : why talk to you, it is very exciting for me. I say this with total sincerity
                  FD

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                    do they stress it, or is it people who talk about them that bring it up? keep in mind that what you read here or elsewhere is not written by them.

of the labels you mentioned, I know the designers personally, and none of them have ever brought up carpe diem unless asked. even Amadei spoke very briefly when I brought up the other maurizio.
                    Maybe as i said : are not the designers who talk about their past, but the press, the sales manager ....

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

^this is not nearly as wtf as i had predicted
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
                        Can anybody actually confirm that he did or did not work for Carpe Diem? Does it really matter?
                        I've been under the impression that he did at some point, at least on some project, and that he was friends with maurizio. I haven't heard him say that he was "the shoedesigner of carpe diem" as that italian article seemed to have phrased it.

and no, I don't think it really matters. I don't think people are jumping on some fanwagon just because of this.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• surver
                          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by magic View Post
                          am very tired of your posts.
                          DITTO

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by surver View Post
                            DITTO
                            + one

or at least get yourself a rosetta stone if you want to continue along these lines. the "childs" of carpe diem? please.
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• surver
                              • Oct 2007

if this fellow has something constructive to say in his ramblings, i think we can consider hearing him out. but all he's trying to do is to tell everyone that he personally does not see much merit nor interest in this 'group' (if we can call it a 'group') without any interesting insight nor analyses... then who the f cares???

bad english is one thing. bad attitude is another. the two coupled with 'saying alot without saying anything' is just waste of the world's resources.

sorry to come across so harshly... but really have had enough of this ;P

... at least one thing is quite fitting - he chose his moniker well ;P

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                                • May 2011

BAD ATTITUDE IS : ALWAYS WANTING TO BE RIGHT....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎