• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carpe Diem, Lmaltieri, Linea, etc.

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

True. It's quite possible it just came down to an aesthetics thing for him.

Augusta (named after his grandmother) is yep... another CDiem offshoot. Run by Simone Cecchetto who was in charge of the CDiem footwear he's only doing shoes and bags for his collections.

Based on all this, CDiem as we know it is quite likely over... unless Maurizio Altieri's personal project(s) will continue under that name.

[/quote]

Yea. CDiem is a very interesting brand. It was always so niche, yet apparently influential enough for all these offshoots to spring up. Granted, maybe not all of them will survive, but even to have confidence (and financial backing) to start your own line having CDiem on your CV - it's quite interesting.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]albert, do you know if the shoes are in the same price point as cdiem footwear?
      [/quote]

a guy I talk to online said he went to A today and saw them. Said they were more like CCP footwear in terms of the construction etc. (rusted nails etc.) than original CDiem footwear. Said the leather was amazing but that the prices were absurd. That makes me guess $2000+ for the boots.... don't know for certain. I love the leather treatment and the patterns (like I mentioned... the tiger striped looking ones especially) but because they're shades of brown I don't know how well they'd work with a monochromatic/mostly black wardrobe you know?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Honey~Blade
        • Sep 2006

Has anyone seen cdiem washable leather jackets before? What are they all about?

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

I'm really quite happy they took photos of all the shoes with better detail. Really lovely stuff and as usual with the Continues line, photos just don't do it justice! It's gotta be amazing to handle these shoes in person!

I hope that Atelier takes full modeled photos of more pieces from the lines that they carry. They would make TONS more money as many people don't even know which exact pieces they ordered each season!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

minority rev carries lumen et umbra. You can read about it here.

I think those pants are another miss!

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• soultek
              • Feb 2007

I've been eyeing a Lmaltieri jacket. It's a very stiff material, almost like canvas. I was wondering if anyone owns a piece similar to this from this line. I like the jacket, but movement is somewhat restrictive. It feels like it's the stiffness of the material and not the cut. I was wondering if someone can attest to the jacket loosening up a little with use.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

as per runner at tfs:

"
                so maurizio showed the new pieces for S/S 08 in the open air

at an open space by a river in paris

now that they had sold off the garage.

and the label name seems to end up as "avantindietro"."

seems like carpe diem had a name change?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Its such a shame that they sold off X12. I wonder what became of the Anatomica shipping crate and everything else not sold (that leather chair too!).

You can see the intermediate work between Carpe Diem and Avantindietro on Minorityrev I believe. The line for now is aptly named Intervallo.

I was told that Maurizio did a small showing in a hotel room in Paris since X12 was gone for Intervallo.

The stuff looks okay... nothing mindblowing. At times I wonder if we've moved on from most of Carpe Diem designs. Still some lovely staples but it's not so cutting edge anymore since so many members have left to do their own lines and Maurizio isn't doing much on his own just yet. It's possible (I hope!) that he's going to come back with something that'll blow us all away!

Comment

• May 2007

[quote user="soultek"]I've been eyeing a Lmaltieri jacket. It's a very stiff material, almost like canvas. I was wondering if anyone owns a piece similar to this from this line. I like the jacket, but movement is somewhat restrictive. It feels like it's the stiffness of the material and not the cut. I was wondering if someone can attest to the jacket loosening up a little with use.[/quote]

I just picked this jacket up at Maxield Bleu, it was listed as from 2003, dark green mostly, though one lapel is black. Very thick fabric. I saw an overcoat version at Atelier that I loved but it was sold before I could make up my mind.
                    FYI, Maxfield only had that one remaing jacket, no other jackets by Carpe Diem. Sorry.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                      • Dec 2006

i tried it on once - beautiful jacket! they had an awesome stiff-fabric linea hoodie, i am saddened to hear they have no more carpe jackets...was hoping to pick it up once i returned to LA

Comment

• May 2007

the main maxfield store still has a bit of carpe diem stuff left, including jackets from what I remember, i was specifically talking about their outlet store and this jacket in particular.
                        Of course carpe diem is no longer after this season, from what I understand he is shutting down that name and creating 3 new lines that work together.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

slightly off topic, but i got my cdiem leather shirt and it's awesome. the silver buttons are a nice touch, please the lined sleeves makes it very comfortable of wear. plus it's been worn in some so it looks nice and weathered. i can see it being a staple in my wardrobe for a long time.
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• kompressorkev
                            • Dec 2006

wjk japan still sells the CDiem leather shirts new, under the "wjk" section on their website store (like $2600)...sorry if this is not the right thread, but does someone know who started wjk?there is an obvious connection, buti'm just wondering whois behind wjk. i know M.A.+, Label Under Construction, Augusta, Lument et Umbra, and SL are all from former CDiem partners...don't know the story behind wjk though.wascurious if Altieri wassomehow an activepartner in wjk & AKM, or if they are completely separate.

also, does anybody have any pictures of the new "avantindietro" showing that we've been hearing about?how aboutanything from Lument et Umbra, outside of the Mattotti collection? the M.A.+ & LUC pieces look fantastic from the pictures we've been seeing so far.

Comment

• croatoan
                              • Jul 2007

[quote user="kompressorkev"]wjk japan still sells the CDiem leather shirts new, under the "wjk" section on their website store (like $2600)...sorry if this is not the right thread, but does someone know who started wjk?there is an obvious connection, buti'm just wondering whois behind wjk. i know M.A.+, Label Under Construction, Augusta, Lument et Umbra, and SL are all from former CDiem partners...don't know the story behind wjk though.wascurious if Altieri wassomehow an activepartner in wjk & AKM, or if they are completely separate. [/quote]

The designer, Jun Hashimoto, worked under Maurizio Altieri in Italy for three years before starting wjk.

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                                • Dec 2006

So is Sarah Lanzi the designer of LINEA? is this the same woman who designs under Sarah Lanzi ? (if so much different looking) does anyone have a pic of her or the person who designs for linea?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎