Page 8 of 59 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Carpe Diem, Lmaltieri, Linea, etc.

Default Re: Avantindietro

Coldrice is right... probably a big freakin sheet of horse leather.

With the right metal and components it's a relatively straightforward piece to make. I looked into welding equipment and a cutting/soldering acetylene torch is less than I expected it to be (downright cheap actually). I'll just have to source a full hide and figure out how to treat it to get it to look lovely and dark. Overall cost I'm guessing will be less than $1000... just a guess though hehehe

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

A few photos...

From an Italian home page:

A small gem. Maurizio Altieri, artist and craftsman goldsmith, will present a small range of topics pins, achievable as twins. Each subject evokes one of the Nine Doors and photos already see Bullfighting, games and art. Apart from objects and food, wine and topics, what counts is the atmosphere, which will be excited and solemn our Adunanze. In particular, we must say, those Bolognese, which between Generali and provincial one another eight years now and have never betrayed the expectations, if not surprising for excess. With Prefects Sante Hope and Alessandro Melotti, but also to all those - and there are many - who have worked on this challenging issue.

pretty neat little things.

And some photos from 2002:

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Altieri's inspiration for the bull most probably came from the image of Osborne company.

http://www.osborne.es/Check it out, some nice pictures of the company's logo.

I used to own a pair. They look pretty nice laced up but lacing is a paaaaaiiiiinnn in the ass! The rear lacing has to be taken almost completely out before you can get your foot in so you spend a good deal of time pushing the end of the leather lace through the holes.

The fit is great and the leather treatment (sort of a crackly scuffed distressing) is lovely too. They show up on yahoo auctions on occasion

Default Fattoamano?

Sorry to resurrect this if no one has anything new, but has anyone out there run across pieces or more pictures from Fattoamano? I'm fascinated by that picture of the jacket coldrice posted and would love to know more about the project...
    I am not who you think I am

Default Re: Fattoamano?

Thats the only photo ive seen of the line as well.... what i do know is that its the experimental project post-linea

This lil bugger here:

this piece is absolutely absolutely amazing. Deerskin muscle group jacket. I'd pay more for this than a CCP leather. No question.

Fattoamano seems to have been very short lived as a line. Probably one of the last projects that Maurizio Amadei did under the Carpe Diem umbrella before parting ways to develop MA+.

AFAIK, Fattoamano wasn't carried in many places and was only made available (or picked up... or a combination of both) to some of the more dedicated stores that carried Linea etc. KH, Lift, and their ilk. Very very few locations.

I've talked to Runner in regards to Fattoamano and it seems like most of the production pieces went to (surprise surprise) Japan.

In the 4 years that I've know about Carpe Diem, I have NEVER seen a singleFattoamano piece for sale. Some dedicated individuals probably made good sure of that [73]

Along the same lines though, I've been slowly collecting various Linea and Sartoria items in my own closet. With 1-2 items in my size showing up in various places a month, it's a pretty reasonable venture and my god.... the construction and details are just plain amazing.

You're dam right Albert!

The only very few pieces I've managed to get a look at during the last years at KH are owned by Kurt H. himself, who knows Maurizio for many many years :))

JF

What did they look like John? Love to at least hear some details about them! At that level of rarity, they may as well be custom made!

.... still kicking myself for not pursuing the Anatomica route a few years ago with Raijin.

I just remember a beautiful coat with "custom made letter stitching" on the back seem - Kurt showed me when I bought my Linea double-layer caschmere shirt end of last year. But for sure he has more in his back room somewhere...

You need to visit KH when you're in Europe/Germany next time I believe :)

JF

mmm, handstitch lettering. so awesome.

When I next return to Germany. KH will definitely be on my list. I do regret not going. We should have left a day early for Frankfurt on the way to Shanghai from the airport there!

[quote user="JohnFG"]You're dam right Albert!

The only very few pieces I've managed to get a look at during the last years at KH are owned by Kurt H. himself, who knows Maurizio for many many years :))

JF

[/quote]

I'd love to see Kurt's closet! You'll have to take me on a tour when I make my way out there John. Maybe Albert and I can plan a coinciding trip out there and we can all run around catching sites over flowing pints.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Cologne (Köln), Germany.

JF

Some Sartoria nibblies for everyone:

The letters and words stitched in there just make me want to cry... so damn awesome.

although it can easily become cheesy as well:

Yes... unfortunately "Sartoria 2004" just doesn't come across as rough and mysterious as random letters and numbers [86]

The bag itself is amazing though. They had 2 of these in a rougher leather (with the crosshatching digital stitchwork as seen also on the Sartoria jacket photos around here) in large and small at IF for the longest time... my girlfriend talked me out of the large one but I still wish I got it to this day hahaha. Ah well, money saved.

I've been looking at pics of that bag for ages, it looks awesome atleast in the pics. how does it look worn in your opinion? the other end of the strap seems to go inside the bag, is it fixed or adjustable?

the text is kind of cheesy yea, but then again the fact thats its very hard to notice or realize that its text makes it a bit cooler imo [73]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

So the strap is adjustable... but not in the way that you'd really think hehehe.

The whole bag (including the strap) is made from 1 or at most two pieces of leather. The long strip portion circles around and plugs back into the body of the bag through a slit in the seam and the end of the strip is knotted on the inside of the bag so that it stays put and can't be pulled back out. So in theory, by moving the knot either up or down the strap inside you can adjust the strap for carrying.

To be honest, I'm not 100% certain on how it sits on the body. I think your body fits sort of in that curving groove in between the straps. I should have put it on at IF, but I mostly just fiddled with the thing hahahaha.

The closure is a bit obnoxious though. It uses loose string on one side and the mummified leather buttons on the other and to close it you do the whole manila envelope thing where you just wrap the string around the button a few times. The construction is definitely elegant... it comes together amazingly.

Just took a few for a friend.[66] Here are a couple of them.

EDIT: A tad big on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Sorry, I have both of them the coat & a bag. As far as they were coming like presents even didn't expect the coat cost so much :)

And when Mr. Altieri asked me why do I like the bag, I'vetold him because of material& the form, he explainded me that the idea ofit is an

embryo(so carrying this bag is like carryingyour embryo).

By the way, I saw a bag on e-bay not so long time ago(as I remember nobody picked up it).

The auction took part in summer. Afternobody picked it up it was re-posted & than escaiped. If I'm not mistaken the starting price was arround 800$. I've been thinking to get it. The thing is that the foto was like a "piece of smth" laying on a surfacewith a description as a bag & if you don't know really the piece you will never guess what it is.