• Chim
    • Dec 2006

Re: Bags

those julius bags are TEENIE TINY and wont fit a single a4 notebook. FYI

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

^ yeah that's why I passed up on the SS version, just hoping that this season's version will be slightly bigger (it does cost 10k yen more [86])

does anyone have any experience with the different leather finishes of Jas M.B? I'm looking to get a black bag but there is soft, grease and matte black...

any other recommendations for leather messenger bags would be great too

Comment

• random
        • Dec 2007

im still looking for the accordion bag at decent price.

I don't exist.

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

dji, klangspiel is selling a great cracked leather jas m.b. messenger, not sure of the size though.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• dji
            • Feb 2008

yeah I saw that thread, don't really like the distressed leather or the design. those VA boots he is selling are tempting though...

Comment

• Avantster
              ¤¤¤
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="mick"]

I need a new bag - an olive rough canvas messenger got me through 5 years of uni, but has just about had it.

I think the "Old School" in large from Jas MB should do it:

Undecided on colour. I'd prefer something other than black, but it has to be versatile, so i can wear it casually / to work (dress pants& shirt + pea coat in winter)... possibly "Soft Olive" / "Old USA Brown"?. Unfortunately their website doesn't show the bag in selected colours, and i don't think there are any stockists in Sydney; so it will be a bit of a leap of faith.

Thoughts / recommendations anyone ? [75]

[/quote]

For that price ($5-600) I think you could get a very decent classic leather satchel, that'll age with you well. Not sure if that's what you're after, though.

Unfortunately I'm drawing a blank right now, will see if I can find you some links...

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• mick
                • Mar 2007

^ I like that particular Jas MB because it looks "soft"; like if iwalk with my hands in my coat pockets it will sit niceley against my back.

I don't need anything too large - i don't carry a laptop, just a book to read on the train and occasionally some lunch.

Comment

• Avantster
                  ¤¤¤
                  • Sep 2006

If you're after an unstructured bag, it's probably the way to go - I
                  tend to like my leather a little more structured and the bag to keep its shape. I'm sure it'd be decent, but I have to say it looks fairly ordinary for the price that you're paying.

Not sure if this Undercover bag tickles your fancy, it's only fabric, though.

Ann Demeulemeester makes some lovely unstructured bags - the leather is sublime.

Yohji Yamamoto also made a great suede sack/tube messenger that Atelier NY picked up last season. Though for these it could be wise to wait for sales or try to strike a good bargain online somewhere.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

those yohji bags actually made it to 60% off, i remember Cas picking one up. just one of those mysteries.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sagaji
                      • Feb 2008

this tickle's my fancy

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

/\ mine too! you have good taste.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Avantster
                          ¤¤¤
                          • Sep 2006

Wow, the YY one made it to 60% off! Would have been a good find.

I saw that ma+ one at L'eclaireur, amazing, but so was the price. The extra long triple straps are very cool. The fabric is also pretty thick and really comfortable when you're wearing the bag.

Comment

• snafu
                            • Apr 2008

whats the retail on the m.a+ bag ???

never seen it before pretty damm nice though

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

my ccp bag (it went from agent l -> merz -> les -> me)

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Maybe it'll end up in my hands [74]

...I can only hope :)

You forgot the first part of that timeline:

CCP --> Atelier --> Agent L --> Merz --> Les --> Joey

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎