Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's Bags

Default Re: Men's Bags

That's a gorgeous bag! How much is it, if you don't mind me asking? BTW, I use exact same type of a bag for work, but then again I get away with murder - I stretch "business casual" to the limit. I think these days it's ok to be a little more flamboyant in the corporate environment, at least here and more so in Europe. Not sure how it is in Australia these days. The days of white shirt, navy suit are over.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

it's 68,250 yen.

i just carry a cheap one i picked up at zara for $35. maybe i'll upgrade next year.

Default wanna get this Prorsum bag for work....

Default Re: wanna get this Prorsum bag for work....

I'd rather get those shoes on the right. God damn look at that patina!

Really, faust? All the more reason for me to buy it then. haha really tempting.. I think I'll sleep on it. I'm currently using a brown Yohji leather messenger (thanks coldrice!) but I wish it could hold just a bit more.

Here where I am businesswear is currently all about light colored shirts with stripes or square checks in bright colors...

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

[quote user="Avantster"]

Really, faust? All the more reason for me to buy it then. haha really tempting.. I think I'll sleep on it. I'm currently using a brown Yohji leather messenger (thanks coldrice!) but I wish it could hold just a bit more.

Here where I am businesswear is currently all about light colored shirts with stripes or square checks in bright colors...

[/quote]

Took me a bit to locate the post you were replying to, lol. Yea, I try to strech business casual as much as I can. This is the bag I use.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

ah you bought that from me! that was a lovely bag- sadly it wouldn't hold my large 3-ring binders :P

[quote user="xcoldricex"]ah you bought that from me! that was a lovely bag- sadly it wouldn't hold my large 3-ring binders :P
    [/quote]

No, I don't think so - I bought it from Library in London, it was their overstock (unless you shipped it to me from London :-))

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

haha i was talking to avanster

[quote user="Avantster"]I'm
    currently using a brown Yohji leather messenger (thanks coldrice!) but
    I wish it could hold just a bit more.

[/quote]

n.d.c.

so i ended up buying a classic looking Jil Sander briefcase for work... I really hope i can use it for a long time.

yummy yohji bag on yoox.

Oh my god, those bags are gorgeous. Which store is that?

Thanks

So I recently bought a Cloak tackle bag, and it's very much a tote-ish
    bag with no shoulder strap. I love it to death, but how do you guys
    wear this thing? I'm in College Station TX, the most conservative
    backwards area of the south, and I'm not sure if I'm going to get beat
    up if I use this as my daily book bag. Is there a non chalant way to
    "carry" the bag, so to speak?

college station - that's rough. are you an aggie? i guess i should stop complaining about austin..

i'd just tote it around by the handles. you could also consider taking it to a high quality shoe/leather shop and have a wool or leather strap attached.. and pray they don't mangle it.

yep, I'm an Aggie at good ol A&M. Thanks for the leatherworker
    suggestion, I'm going to see what my options are. Most likely I wont
    ruin Plokhovs original design and just man up and tote it around.

Using a headporter tote I bought off DjRajio right now, would love to grab one a few of those posted by Faust earlier, but my job is "too" casual for that, if you get my drift.

Tanner messenger bag

I'm really not a bag person, I usually prefer to have nothing on me. But I'm starting school again and the ole jansport backpack just isn't going to cut it for grad. school in new york. So, I'm looking for something utilitarian but still nice with some design, I prefer that it is NOT leather. I actually like this one from *cough* J. Crew, I like the waxed cotton, but it only comes in brown which doesn't go with the colors I usually wear. Any suggestions? I'd prefer to stay $100 or less.

I know this looks grey in the pic, which would be perfect, but I've seen it in person and it's definitely brown (described as "espresso" on the site)