Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

That's a shame. It does look pretty good though.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• zeebee
      • Dec 2008

having used my two Jas MB bags daily (to carry laptop, etc) for two years now, I find it annoyingly heavy. These bags are obviously good quality but I'm dreaming of something stylish AND lightweight nowadays.

Comment

• franz
        • Mar 2011

Just a quick note : for ppl looking for light / duffel bags / weekender, I've been more than satisfied with this Monocle by Porter olive weekender :
        Monocle is a global briefing covering international affairs, business, culture and design.

The pics are not quite on par with reality, but it nice really noce looking, light and very sturdy.

Porter does nice sturdy bags in general, for ppl looking for anything else than leather.
        Originally posted by Faust
        True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by raus View Post
          I have bought such bag. Within two weeks the paint on a skin was wiped and rivets were deformed. Very gentle in use. It was necessary to return back in shop.
          Gotta disagree here. I've owned one in the past and the leather was beautiful and sturdy. Never had any problems with it. My local store carries them (mainly women's but a few unisex pieces) and they are priced really well particularly when on sale. Don't seem to see them too much online though.

Comment

• tofucactaur
            • Jan 2010

has anyone checked out isaac reina bags?
            High quality, long-lasting, minimalistic bags, small leather goods, objects and accessories handmade by highly trained leather good makers in France and in Spain since 2006. All items are designed by Isaac Reina and are made of leathers sourced for their patina from the best in class French & Italian tanneries.

Comment

• thejarc
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Chilton0326
              They lay flat, they're light, and I think they look great. Not sure if you can ever get them at a great sale price, as they often sell out. He also still designs the excellent Margiela 11 collection (as well as Quai de Valmy leather jackets, and Limoland wallets), if I am not mistaken.
              He doesn't do Margiela anymore but he's now also at Cacharel

Comment

• uL7iMa
                • Oct 2010

anyone have suggestions for backpacks?

looking for sth stylish to house my books + gym stuff + some food etc..

I know some sling/messenger bags do the job, but they get painful on the shoulder after long hours of use...

Comment

• rider
                  eyes of the world
                  • Jun 2009

^ dries van noten had an amazing large canvas and leather one this spring

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

The Julius leather backpack is the only one I have seriously considered. All the rest are really juvenile (and your back sweats like a motherfucker, who wants that)
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
                      • Oct 2010

I guess it really comes down to what it is being used for. I was in the market for a backpack for uni not too long ago and settled for a Visvim 20L because it was the most practical, most comfortable and looked pretty good imo. The material is very strong so you can throw it around and it has a protective section for a laptop and lots of space for books other stuff (wallet, keys, water, etc). Also I don't seem to experience excessive sweating with it. Admittedly I agree it looks a bit juvenile, but for my sole purpose of uni it works well. Plus I kind of like the combination of materials (mine is made of some sort of cotton hybrid fabric with a leather bottom and metal hardware, all black of course haha).

I did consider the Julius Backpack too, but with leather bags I'm always weary about loading them up with too much stuff in fear of it breaking under the weight. How does the Julius backpack hold up in terms of strength (eg. putting books and laptop)?

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by mixmaster7_91 View Post
                        I did consider the Julius Backpack too, but with leather bags I'm always weary about loading them up with too much stuff in fear of it breaking under the weight. How does the Julius backpack hold up in terms of strength (eg. putting books and laptop)?
                        I used my Julius backpack daily for about 6 months while in Singapore (back didn't even get sweaty ). carried a 2kg+ laptop, accessories, couple of bottles of water and a book (eventually replaced by an iPad), still in excellent condition with no wear and tear.

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          The Julius leather backpack is the only one I have seriously considered. All the rest are really juvenile (and your back sweats like a motherfucker, who wants that)
                          I hate backpacks,
                          remind me too much of high school
                          anyways, i'm working on an idea now that is "Backpack like"................

we'll see, might shelve it in the end
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• gavagai
                            • May 2010

I never really could stand back packs even in high school.

I always used a shoulder bag. Now I carry a Guidi bag though it doesn't have blue tooth so I only have use of one hand.

This A1923 cordovan shoulder bag looks pretty good.

Comment

• moderninc2010
                              • Jan 2011

Proenza Schouler large PS1 ...
                              yes or no?

Comment

• gaborb
                                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by moderninc2010 View Post
                                Proenza Schouler large PS1 ...
                                yes or no?
                                I think no, it's an 'it bag', it's too trendy.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎