• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

The bucket bag is just not practical.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

I own a sweater that does not keep me warm. A lack of utility doesn't really bother me.

Comment

• Dane
        HAMMERTIME
        • Feb 2011

I'm leaning toward the practical...otherwise I'll never use it.
        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
          Dane, the bucket bag is a lot cooler looking.
          Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
          I own a sweater that does not keep me warm. A lack of utility doesn't really bother me.
          You obviously suck at reading comprehension. What part of "everyday bag" did you miss?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Patroklus
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

I'm completely illiterate.

Comment

• endersgame
              • Aug 2009

re: rick bucket as an everyday bag.

if your everyday use is carrying documents, then no this is not a good bag. if you carry random tangibles, books, clothing, umbrellas, phone, etc. then yes, it's a great bag. looks small when you hold little, looks big when you hold a lot.

the best part is the short strap. tucks like a football, you can run without it swinging all over the place.

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

^ interesting, thanks!

How is the leather? Decent?
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• endersgame
                  • Aug 2009

mine is pretty standard issue rick calf leather "LU". medium grain. reverse leather inside.
                  i think there was another version made with bison.

what's good is the strap area is reinforced. it's twice the thickness compared to the rest of the bag so it gave you some confidence that it can take some weight/abuse.

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Damn...had decided on Guidi and now I'm not sure. :S

Comment

• endersgame
                      • Aug 2009

i've had serious bleeding issues with guidi and shoulder straps being too long.

you can look into julius (although i'm not sold on the gas mask hardwear) or ma+ (again long straps and unusual construction that serves no purpose)

going back to a practical bag. i think a tumi shoulder briefcase with tons of compartments is pretty useful, it's just ugly as shit..

there's nothing in the sz labels that will offer that kind of practically. you'll be lucky if the inside has a small pouch sewn in, or maybe a sheet of leather to separate the compartments.

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

I had written Guidi off for bags until I saw the one I posted. It's not gigantic and not oddly shaped, so it suits me fine. I also like that it can be worn over the shoulder or in hand. I do worry about the bleeding tho...that could be annoying. also, the only source I can find for this bag is Lazarri...so that means dealing with FedEx and duty.

The Julius bags are a bit too...gothninja. The RO bag is pricey...even on sale, but I worry that I might tire of the design.

SZ-loved brands need to get working on this! I don't want to end up carrying some Balenciaga thing. ;)

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                          • Jan 2011

^ totally not the style of bag you want but i've always liked this...
                          Layers London sources the finest avant-garde and contemporary fashion designers from around the world; housed within one of London's most luxurious locations.

but for that price I can get a leather bag by someone else... indisent pricing on certain things confuses me sometimes.

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

^ I like everything but the multiple-straps thing...overdone a bit. Agreed in the price...getting back to my issue with expensive cotton.

Comment

• nictan
                              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by cowsareforeating View Post
                              ^ totally not the style of bag you want but i've always liked this...
                              Layers London sources the finest avant-garde and contemporary fashion designers from around the world; housed within one of London's most luxurious locations.

but for that price I can get a leather bag by someone else... indisent pricing on certain things confuses me sometimes.
                              thats because you are looking at an European stockist. Try finding it in Japanese stores. Its like looking at guidi/m.a+ prices in japan.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

I have the Rick bucket bag - I actually added a shoulder strap and it functions pretty nicely. but still, I tend to go for my m.a+ messenger bag 9 times out of 10, or if I need more space, the Guidi fold over zip bag which is great.
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎