Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Re: Men's Bags

n.d.c:

on Yahoo :)

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r36220048

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mesh
      • Dec 2006

Mike great find, I really need a nice weekend bag like that.

Is this available stateside?

Comment

• Piffen
        • Aug 2007

Hi guys!

As you all can see I am new to this forum, but count on me being here for long. :)

I have an issue which I gladly would like to recieve some input on. Here it goes: I have been looking fora new (hand)bag for quite some time now, not quite finding what I have been looking for. I have been looking for clean design, leatherandmedium size. But recently I found a bag by Marsell at Luisaviaroma.com which looks like this: http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Co...&CodArticolo=1This bag almost has it all, I would say, but perhaps there is one that really has it all?

I have already consulted Faust (I hope you are not taking this as if your advices were not helpful, they really were), but hey, the more the merrier, right? So if any of you have got anyideason similar bags; a few zippers here and there, another colour and so on, that is totally ok with me, just let me know. I would appreciate if you know of web shops having the bags you come to think of in stock, since Sweden is not known for having the greatest market of all for these products (either you buy local or you buy Louis Vuitton) there is at most asmall chance of me being able to buy them in store at "home"and I would appreciate if I could avoid travelling over half of Europe, or even worse the Atlantic ocean, just to buy the bag of my dreams.. But if that is what it takes, so be it!

Should this happen to be posted in the wrong sub-forum, please let me know. :)

Thanks for reading.

Comment

• mesh
          • Dec 2006

Still looking for the perfect weekender and duffle bags, this is insanely difficult. I haven't loved one bag I've seen (though many are very nice)and even the ones suggested in mags and various online sources don't do much for me.

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="mesh"]Still looking for the perfect weekender and duffle bags, this is insanely difficult. I haven't loved one bag I've seen (though many are very nice) and even the ones suggested in mags and various online sources don't do much for me.[/quote]

Haha, I'm looking for a good weekend bag as well. Right now I'm leaning toward the Ann D. weekend bag (on A's site) and the Dries Van Noten weekend bag. I like the amount of pockets on the Ann D. bag, but not really sure about the lack of a shoulder strap. The Dries bag on the other hand has a nice shoulder strap (and is most likely cheaper...).
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• therapysessions
              • Jul 2007

[quote user="mesh"]Still looking for the perfect weekender and duffle bags, this is insanely difficult. I haven't loved one bag I've seen (though many are very nice)and even the ones suggested in mags and various online sources don't do much for me.[/quote]

What do you look for in a weekender / duffel? What has turned you off about the bags that have been shown? Just curious, I'm also looking for a good solid bag.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Here's the Dries bag.

Comment

• mesh
                  • Dec 2006

You guys are quick! Here's the rundown of what I have in mind.

Weekender - Must be the perfect shape which is key for me, don't want it to be too squarish and look like a tote and not too long either. In other words the right ratio of LxW. If it's the right shape then I move on to test two pertaining to the details. I hate excess zippers, buckles and studs period(which automatically ruleit out). It needs to have structure but not loose either with two straps and I don't mind a shoulder strap. The leather has to be nice (goes without saying really) and a color that is easy on the eyes. The green ndc is the closest I've seen so far, there are a couple details I don't like about it.

Duffle - Again with the shape, I like my duffles to be somewhat cylindrical. I don't need a shoulder strap on this and the size has to be right, not too big and not too small. Pretty much a classic shape without the extraneous details listed above but nice touches are welcome. The closest I've seen is the common projects duffel but it's a lttle dull and doesn't really do much for me.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Casius, that Dries bag is dope!!!

Mesh, next time you are in Barneys check out womens Margiela bags in the bag section - they are perfect, I think (and unisex, really).

I take it you did not like Jas MB offerings?

BTW, I really liked the Sak bags at Atelier, but I am sure they are bloody expensive (and not on their site for some reason)..

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

my guidi bag - pictures taken by scott

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• mesh
                        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Casius, that Dries bag is dope!!!

Mesh, next time you are in Barneys check out womens Margiela bags in the bag section - they are perfect, I think (and unisex, really).

I take it you did not like Jas MB offerings?

BTW, I really liked the Sak bags at Atelier, but I am sure they are bloody expensive (and not on their site for some reason)..

[/quote]

Will do Faust, I have a feeling I will probably pick up something by him at sale time. Jas is cool, I have a grey messenger bag that I love but I kind of want somebody elses offering ie something slightly different with regards to those two styles.

Comment

• MUXU
                          • Aug 2007

men's bags are so much better designed than women's bags

Comment

• Orochi
                            • Sep 2007

Some pics of Jas MB's current collection, courtesy of Apple Daily Hong Kong.

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Anyone seen the NDC bags anywhere yet? I can't seem to find them....

Comment

• Orochi
                                • Sep 2007

The Laundry Room has one this season (used to have a couple others a few months back)

http://www.laundryroom.co.uk/brands-mens-ndc.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎