• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Junya Watanabe

/\ Yea, it wouldn't be for another 6-8 weeks, so no worries. I'm pretty confident that they won't sell well in NYC.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]/\ Yea, it wouldn't be for another 6-8 weeks, so no worries. I'm pretty confident that they won't sell well in NYC.
      [/quote]

I'll be in NYC the first week of sept!!!

I agree the fact the "cheap" material may make it seem overpriced, I just have a lot of respect for the design and, after having tried it on, must say it also fits mereally well, which was not the case with previous Junya seasons.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

i was hoping junya's prices were just ridiculous abroad.. but it's not really any cheaper in japan :( otherwise i'd own much more of it... how much were those track jacket blazers anyhow?

Comment

• mutterlein
          • Dec 2006

There have been a couple of men's collections that had several pieces which caught my eye, the Taxi Driver collection was nice despite some Urban Outfitter vibes.

His womenswear hasn't been up to mark in recent collections, after those punk/millitary collections he hasn't been quite the same.

Comment

• Buckwheat
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]

[quote user="Faust"]/\ Yea, it wouldn't be for another 6-8 weeks, so no worries. I'm pretty confident that they won't sell well in NYC.
            [/quote]

I agree the fact the "cheap" material may make it seem overpriced, I just have a lot of respect for the design and, after having tried it on, must say it also fits mereally well, which was not the case with previous Junya seasons.

[/quote]

Fumma - Did you try on the boiled polyester (shrunken/wrinkled style) one? That's one of the CDG signature materials. It's nothing like "cheap" polyester for sure. I absolutely love that material :)

If you like the material and fit you might want to look into CDG Homme Plus from older collections. Or look into the Evergreen collection which she remakes from older collections.

Comment

• nairb49
              • Dec 2006

Fuuma, there's tons right now at the only store that carries it here. nothing really stood out like crazy to me, but I only flipped through quickly.

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Buckwheat"][quote user="Fuuma"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fumma - Did you try on the boiled polyester (shrunken/wrinkled style) one? That's one of the CDG signature materials. It's nothing like "cheap" polyester for sure. I absolutely love that material :)

If you like the material and fit you might want to look into CDG Homme Plus from older collections. Or look into the Evergreen collection which she remakes from older collections.

[/quote]

I think Junya has tweaked his cuts though, old Junya (and most of his items now I guess) fit me really bad, especially the coats. I boiled wool CdG jacket would definitely be a good acquisition if I liked the cut, this is one of her "classic" items, I also liked some Evergreen (capsule collection=cool) but not everything is my cup of tea.

Brian: Two of his jackets are stellar, including the track jacket one...

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• deuxmille
                  • Nov 2006

The track blazer is seriously amazing. I almost got the double breasted version while in Tokyo but didn't pull the trigger. How much were they at U&I, I never looked at the price, hopefully there will be plenty left when they go on sale for real.....

Oh and is it just me or Evergreen fits really big?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]

The track blazer is seriously amazing. I almost got the double breasted version while in Tokyo but didn't pull the trigger. How much were they at U&I, I never looked at the price, hopefully there will be plenty left when they go on sale for real.....

Oh and is it just me or Evergreen fits really big?

[/quote]

It probably depends from season to season. The past couple of seasons the jackets were cut tiny, not sure about this season.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                      • May 2008

Junya Watanabe Comme Des Garcons Man Mountain Parka

A great new piece is once again coming from Junya Watanabe Comme Des Garcons Man. After recently presenting you their Gloverall Duffle Coat collaboration, I give you a look a today at their Mountain Parka.

The Mountain Parka comes with a plaid pattern on the upper, a nice contract, to the otherwise more technical jacket. It is now available at Reinforce.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Not sure why this is in fashion media?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                          • May 2008

Argh, i was so confused yesterday! move it away :D

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Please dig out general feeds about these designers and post there. There is no need to create new threads - it makes it harder to navigate the site. Cheers.
                            Last edited by Faust; 09-17-2008, 10:45 AM.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jcotteri
                              • Jun 2008

cite?
                              WTB: This

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jcotteri View Post
                                cite?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎