• Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="philip nod"]

mike,

where did you see this? 800 euros seems like a good deal for any MA+ jacket considering most hoodies are in the 1550+ range. i'm not sure i like the way it buttons, a little lippy. wonder what it looks like unbuttoned. but it is a devastating jacket overall.[/quote]

Shelter II in Kobe City has it for that price. the buttons, you can actually button them so that they go inwards and the front look buttonless. that might actually be how its meant to be.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• andrewislasorad
        • Nov 2006

Looks too Matrix-Oakley-esque...so I would say No

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="andrewislasorad"]Looks too Matrix-Oakley-esque...so I would say No
          [/quote]

There is no spoon...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

heres something I've been thinking about.. I know most of you guys probably like this m.a+ jacket like I do, but what I'm concerned with is how versatile it is, and is it worth 800?? and most of all, what does it feel like, has anybody seen it in person or tried it on?

[/quote]

you should look for a thick wool lmaltieri coat like the one i bought. it's not like the typical lmaltieri jackets as this is actually a coat that's lined and made out of winter-warm wool

basically falls the same way as the coat above.

Comment

• PrinceOfCats
              • Jan 2007

You can spell 'the one' with the letters of Thom Browne...

They do look a bit technogoth, and not in a good way; more New Rock than Demeulemeester.

the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another

Comment

• xcoldricex
                • Sep 2006

how were the cdg evergreen blazers from spring?

Comment

• Johnny
                  • Sep 2006

very nice, in my view. i don't have one, but now wish that i did. saw a few at dsm in the summer. i think they are pretty fitted, for cdg anyway.

Comment

• xeefus
                    • Oct 2007

Raf Simons... velcro? lowtop sneaks, on bidding but I'm thinking of bidding, starts at 100 euro and will probably go up a little bit, but I was thinking of going at max 150 euros.

yes or no?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

No. But, then, I am not a fan of any designer sneakers. these looks fairly beat up, too.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xeefus
                        • Oct 2007

[quote user="Faust"]No. But, then, I am not a fan of any designer sneakers. these looks fairly beat up, too.
                        [/quote]

I see. Don't know if I could get them to look good with anything I own either, and they're actually in a pretty good shape though the pictures don't really show it. In a hunt for black sneakers, maybe some hightops. just don't know which ones.

Thanks, might stay away from them. [75]

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Man, just get some converse or something, and save your money for something interesting, like a coat or a jacket...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• PrinceOfCats
                            • Jan 2007

a) They were about £89 on Yoox a year ago, so that price is a little silly.
                            b) The hi-tops are cooler.
                            c) Those trainers are massively bulky, I take an eleven and they looked like clown shoes on me, so another reason to avoid (especially the lo-tops which emphasise the bulkiness).
                            d) Most people look like a rectangular thing in black trainers, so if you don't qualify as seriously hip, get the white instead.

the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another

Comment

• xeefus
                              • Oct 2007

[quote user="PrinceOfCats"]

a) They were about £89 on Yoox a year ago, so that price is a little silly.
                              b) The hi-tops are cooler.
                              c) Those trainers are massively bulky, I take an eleven and they looked like clown shoes on me, so another reason to avoid (especially the lo-tops which emphasise the bulkiness).
                              d) Most people look like a rectangular thing in black trainers, so if you don't qualify as seriously hip, get the white instead.

[/quote]

Alright, that pretty much made up my mind, never tried them on :)
                              Think I'll get a pair of black converse instead just to cheap out. althought they're pretty thin and swedish winters aren't exactly nice...
                              thanks for pointing me in a better direction

Comment

• laika
                                • Sep 2006

^ Yeah, cons are definitely not for winter...strictly a warmer weather shoe. Leather would probably be better for a swedish winter....I can't think of any cheap options a the moment though.
                                ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎