• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="darkanimal"]The black would look better with your hair.
    [/quote]

2nd.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

true. didn't see that part of the post.

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

wow, thanks guys! so nice to get responses.

I agree the black would be better with my hair, but I also agree with xcoldricex that the black is a bit loud. hmmmm.....i think it will stay in my dreambox for the time being.

anyone have suggestions for a short, dark, jacket? i definitely want something structured, but not necessarily traditional.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

wow, thanks guys! so nice to get responses.

I agree the black would be better with my hair, but I also agree with xcoldricex that the black is a bit loud. hmmmm.....i think it will stay in my dreambox for the time being.

anyone have suggestions for a short, dark, jacket? i definitely want something structured, but not necessarily traditional.

[/quote]

Rick the-king-of-the-cropped-rock'n'roll-jacket Owens. They are very expensive, but one is de-rigeur!!! There is a trusty Ebay seller called Countesse that always has some. But, if you have access, I would certainly try his clothes on before ordering, as the sizing can be very small.

And of course, my dear Ann does cropped jackets all the time. I also saw a gorgeous assymetrical one by CDG CDG in Dover street market. My friend tried it on, it looked amazing on her.

BTW, are you located in New York perchance? Century21 has some of those Chalayan jackets, and it's usually much cheaper there...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

What's it worth to you? I was thinking to send a $50 offer, but than I thought it was meh... I need a credit card holder, but I don't know about this one...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

kinda funny, but also kinda corny. you could probably get a nicer card holder if you looked around..

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

Thanks for the suggestions Faust. I was thinking CDG too--have to go over there and take a look. I WISH I could do an Ann jacket, but I'm just too petite--even the 36 swims on me, and it's impossible to find 34.

I am in New York--how nice that you are as well. I saw the black Chalayan jacket at century and it was cheaper by a $100, but too big for me. [:(]

re: the cardholder--it's cute in a gimmicky way, but I don't think it's worth 50....maybe $35?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Thanks for the suggestions Faust. I was thinking CDG too--have to go over there and take a look. I WISH I could do an Ann jacket, but I'm just too petite--even the 36 swims on me, and it's impossible to find 34.

I am in New York--how nice that you are as well. I saw the black Chalayan jacket at century and it was cheaper by a $100, but too big for me. [:(]

re: the cardholder--it's cute in a gimmicky way, but I don't think it's worth 50....maybe $35?

[/quote]

Yea, I'll pass on the cardholder. Can't throw yourself at every thing just because it's inexpensive. So great to see a fellow New Yorker with a REAL style! Bummer about the Chalyan jacket - hopefully you will get it on Yoox.com when it goes on sale.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                    • Sep 2006

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I like it /\

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• djrajio
                        • Sep 2006

This is Julius. SO YES! [:D]

By the way. Notice on the 2nd side picture the way they cut the vest at an elongated angle, such that the front is lightly longer. This is why I love Julius so much. The way the garment rests and flows when you walk in this cut is awesome. I've never seen a label that made such a unique and beautiful cut.

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

yes, i like it! How would you wear it?

Comment

• djrajio
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]yes, i like it! How would you wear it?
                            [/quote]
                            Like this...also Julius...

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Oooh, I love the leather one! DjRajio, have you check out Ann Demeulemeester's collections up close? A lot of her clothes is cut like that, especially older stuff.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                                • Sep 2006

thanks djrajio! A definite yes for me then, i really like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎