X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peanut
    • Nov 2006

Re: Yes or No?

This is jacket is a long-term resident in my dreambox too. I think we will be fighting it out! Personally I think it looks beautiful unbuttoned in the runway photo.

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

cashmere

Comment

• implicit
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

cashmere

[/quote]

i say yes. looks nice.

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

case & peanut, I like the jacket, especially as shown on the runway. I do think you need to be pretty tall (at least 5 11") to pull it off. It really needs the long leg line for balance.

coldrice, love the plaid. Seems like a nice addition to your jacket wardrobe. My only reservation is that the cut on the bottom is very blunt, and could possibly look a little boxy. Do you have any idea how it fits?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="peanut"]

This is jacket is a long-term resident in my dreambox too. I think we will be fighting it out! Personally I think it looks beautiful unbuttoned in the runway photo.

[/quote]

This looks great open!
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

yeah it does look great open. at least you'll have the comfort of being able to sell it to someone if you don't end up liking it :)

laika, the jacket is lmaltieri, so i'm not too worried about the cut - it should probably fit similar to faust's plum jacket in the waywt thread. faust do you happen to still have the pictures of that year where altieri did all the tartan pieces?

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

go for it then! I really love the tartan.
                ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Thanks for the input laika, I think you're right about the height thing, it's easier to pull of boxy jackets if you're taller. I'm 6' so it shouldn't be a problem. I agree that it looks great on the runway, I wonder if it will still work with skinny pants though, since it's shown with such full pants. Peanut, maybe we could split the cost and share it ;-).
                  music

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

Guys...

I must ashamedly admit...

I just orderd both the Raf sweater (in grey) and the jacket in IT 48.
                    Yoox just marked everything in my dreambox down 10% so I jumped on it. I think I will force myself to return one, since I shouldn't be spending this money now. I'd like to save some to shop the F/W sales in store. But I'll report back and post picks so you all can see how they fit, and if I decide to pass I'll sell it to whoever for what I payed, or I can just let you know when I return it so you can watch for it.
                    music

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

yeah it does look great open. at least you'll have the comfort of being able to sell it to someone if you don't end up liking it :)

laika, the jacket is lmaltieri, so i'm not too worried about the cut - it should probably fit similar to faust's plum jacket in the waywt thread. faust do you happen to still have the pictures of that year where altieri did all the tartan pieces?

[/quote]

Big Yay! As a matter of fact it was a hard decision for me between that one and my plum coat - but I ended up going the monochromatic way (naturally). I don't have the pictures, but polyanna had that tartan jacket last fall - sold out quick at retail.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                        • Sep 2006

alright so who scored the raf jacket? ;)

Comment

• peanut
                          • Nov 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]alright so who scored the raf jacket? ;)
                          [/quote]
                          Casem (see above)

Were you interested too?

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

Sorry guys, it was me [:$] That's what my post above was about, I jumped on the jacket when I saw it was marked down more. Like I said, I ordered that Raf sweater too and I really shouldn't keep both the jacket and sweater, so I'll report back when I get them and let you know if I'm returning either.
                            music

Comment

• peanut
                              • Nov 2006

I'll be really interested to see how both items fit you once they arrive, casem. You got them both in 48 right? What's your actual chest measurement?

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

Yea, I got them both in 48. Just measure and I'm actually just exactly 36 inches at the widest on my chest. So the jacket might be to big since it sounds like Raf's jackets run pretty true to size. We shall see if they work...
                                music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎