X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

yeah i didn't see casem's post haha. i am curious about the measurements of the sweater!! i might get the "brown" one in a 40 if it gets discounted further. would like to see how the blazer fits too!

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

What does everyone thing of this Rick leather jacket? I'd prefer the motorcycle tab neck zip up one that Rick made, but this one is pretty sweet as well. I can't be sure if it zip s in the front though...

I need a nice Rick leather jacket, and this could be it :)

Thanks guys,

A

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

doesn't look like it zips up - thing it would look odd just open all the way like that, but i can't be sure.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Fuck yeah, Albert! How much? I'm only asking because there is a gorgeous one on Yoox for $1400.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Mmm, I"m talking to the seller now so we'll see how it goes. So far it's only $650! I'm gonna try to work something out with him though. I also asked for photos of it worn and about the zips. My concern is that with the top flap undone, there won't be a lot of overlap in the front and my belly will get cold. A double flapped front is nice though especially since my chest gets cold easily and my back gets hot.

The one on Yoox... ohhh if it were only black! That's the EXACT one I want in black. Damn that "dove gray" haha

-A

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• macuser3of5
              • Sep 2006

Personally, I'd rather go with the dove gray jacket, beautiful, simple silhouette, though it costs a bundle more [:P]. Black leather is somewhat getting tired for me...

Comment

• minomni
                • Oct 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Mmm, I"m talking to the seller now so we'll see how it goes. So far it's only $650! I'm gonna try to work something out with him though. I also asked for photos of it worn and about the zips. My concern is that with the top flap undone, there won't be a lot of overlap in the front and my belly will get cold. A double flapped front is nice though especially since my chest gets cold easily and my back gets hot.

The one on Yoox... ohhh if it were only black! That's the EXACT one I want in black. Damn that "dove gray" haha

-A

[/quote]

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/92247760

there's the black one if you want it bad enough :o

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Alright guys, the Raf stuff from yoox is here and I have a problem. I was in Chicago for thanksgiving and did some damage, and I had basically talked myself out of these two purchases from yoox and planned on trying them on and sending them back. But now that I've tried them I like them more than I thought, but neither are perfect.

First, the sweater. It is very itchy as other described, so itchy infact that I would have to wear a long sleeve under shirt to wear it, it also smells like this old tent that was in my basement for years. The pattern looks cooler in person though, I thought it was just printed on top of the grey wool, but the wool is actually colored, also the colors are flattering for me and I think I look cute in it. The only problem is, just above the band at the bottom it seems to be cut fuller (it's very fitted throughout the chest and torso) so when I wear it normally and the band creeps up it creates it bit of a mushroom top. I can fix this by continually pulling it down, but this could get annoying. What do you guys think? Is there anything I can do about it or is it a deal breaker?

After I pulled it down:

A bit exaggerted, but here's the mushroom effect:

Now for the jacket. It fits just like in the runway pic, which is too say it's really nice. The sholder's are padded a bit, but it fits the boxy look. I think it's boxy without being too boxy or ill fitting. It looks quite nice unbuttoned, only problem is it looks pretty silly buttoned. The chest balloons out when I button it because where it buttons is fitted but the chest area is boxy.

unbuttoned yes!

Buttoned, yuck!

music

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Casem, I say return them both if you are not 100% and you bought other things (which you must post in the recent purchases thread [;)] )
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="minomni"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

-A

[/quote]

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/92247760

there's the black one if you want it bad enough :o

[/quote]

Yikes... that's a little TOO much for me. The dove gray I think is actually even darker in person (his "darkshadow" color?) so it may work well with my black wardrobe better than I intially would have thought. Thanks for the yahoo auctions link though, it shows the stitched zipper backing!

Hmm, now just need to raise the cash....

I decided to back down from the double flapped leather rick jacket on ebay. It's too... "flappy" in the end. Not minimalist enough.

Oh money....

-A

Comment

• bakla
                        • Oct 2006

Casem, send them both back if you feel compromised. Seems you have the same problems I have with Raf Simons as a whole - the fabrics of his knits aren't always great (some of his terribly expensive boiled wool coats aren't the best fabric either) and the fit is always a bit on the triangular side on both his jackets and his sweaters, i.e. slimmer up top and fuller towards the waist, making you look like you have more of a belly even if you don't - even the current season does this. And on that coat, I find the button placement weird - not quite single breasted, not quite assymetically placed either - it's neither here nor there.

Comment

• macuser3of5
                          • Sep 2006

Disappointing to find out about the sweater, I was considering that myself... You say you are about a 36" chest, an a 48/38 fit you properly? sounds like I might need to size up, then (38" chest here).

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="macuser3of5"]Disappointing to find out about the sweater, I was considering that myself... You say you are about a 36" chest, an a 48/38 fit you properly? sounds like I might need to size up, then (38" chest here).[/quote]

no doubt about it, size up unless you have a dior model body type

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kucejoe
                              • Sep 2006

Casem: Could you describe the wool on the sweater for me better. Is it really that itchy (I was looking at the high neck version on yoox and was wondering if the neck itch would drive me insane)

I would be more inclined to keep the sweater than the jacket, but if it rides up and bothers you, it would not be worth it.

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

Thanks for all the input guys. I've decided to return them both, ultimately the fit issues will bother me and there's no need to settle when so many great things can be had on sale this time of year. I'll put them in the mail today, so yoox should have them back in a week or so if anyone is interested.
                                About the fit, my chest measures 36 inches, but the jackets I have are split between 36 and 38 depending on the designer. This 38 sweater is just right on the chest but not really tight. Like I said, it gets a little wider at the bottom and that's what bothers me, the armholes are REALLY high though, which looks nice but I have a feeling my armpits would be getting quite hot after wearing it for awhile.

kucejoe, the wool isn't quite as heavy as I had imagined it, and it's sort of a loose knit, has a very handmade feel. It does feels really dry and rough and a bit scrathy, but not so much that it would keep me from wearing it if it fit perfectly. The band on the neck of this sweater doesn't bother me, but I'm not sure if it was a turtleneck if it would be too uncomfortable or not.
                                music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎